Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
Nah, nothing like that. I just want to be able to adjust a specimen's orientation to get a better pose without touching it. It all has to sit in a universal stage type construct and there's very little room to adjust anything, so electronic mechanical rotation is the best option...
Good idea! I don't know if a battery clock runs backwards by reversing the leads (I'll check what I have) but there are many 1rpm motors that will do so!

Here's just what you want perhaps (I just bought one!):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMALL-GEARED-MOTOR-DC-MOTOR-12V-1RPM-STOCK-for-Handm...item231be385c1

Last edited by newarts; 04-05-2012 at 09:42 AM.
04-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yah know, I was thinking, if your rotator doesn't work out due to alignment, it might be worth trying another with a bit more torque on its side to drive a tanktrack shape mechanism, using a rod and rubber band on which something is mounted - and using an intervalometer to take pics x microns apart?

Thanks for the link, too big =(. I'm after something about 10mm high max =(
04-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

At one time Edmund Scientific carried the sort ot stepping motors, etc, which might work for you. Edmund Scientifics: educational toys, gifts, hobby supplies & science equipment There is also American Science & Surplus which carries an amazing arrary of stuff. American Science & Surplus : Items Just Off the Truck

Do let us know how the project turns out.
04-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #19
Inactive Account

@Nass

Maybe a speedometer worm gear drive assembly will work for you. It isn't electrical but is pancake shaped with a worm gear drive; twist the cable end and the center of the pancake (at a right angle to the cable) turns. The gear ratio there is big (up to 70:1) and I think you could do small rotary adjustments with such a thing.

scooter speedometer drive | eBay

It is flat like you want.

Dave