Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
Inactive Account

buying from US prices?

Hello my aunt is visiting me in the UK from US in a few weeks and was wondering what is worth me buying so she can take back with me...
atm im just experimenting with my k-x 18-55 + 50-300 + raynox 150(which im loving)
dont want to spend much but if there is anything thats alot cheaper in US it might be worth it...
preferably DSLR recomendations but im open to any advice...
for now im just geting some radioshack stuff and headphone stuff

04-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pull up the webpage for somewhere like B&H or Adorama next to the pages for a couple of your local retailers and see how they compare. There probably will be lenses that are significantly cheaper in the US but which ones and by how much changes regularly. As an example, I checked Sigma 10-20mm pricing earlier today and it's about $140 (around 25%) cheaper in the US than Canada.
04-09-2012, 03:49 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
ah yea i was looking at B&H but wasnt sure if the prices there are considered good...im getting something from there anyway so might as well..
i dont really know anything about lenses....especialy when it comes to lenses outside the pentax branding...
so check out sigma lenses?
i heard the pentax ones are doubling in price or something?

EDIT:
oops seems like this wont be possible as shes leaving on the 17th

Passover Closing

Our Superstore and offices are currently closed. Orders can be placed on our website but will ship when we reopen, Sunday April 15th at 10:00AM EDT.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patronage.
04-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

In the USA most Pentax lenses have in fact gone up in price, some more than others. I think the FA lenses are still cheaper in the US than in the EU, though. But that is an investment you might need to think about first

04-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
tbh i need a flash more than lens atm as i have a nice small range that will do me for now...
just cant get myself to spend over 200$ for a flash!
04-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
Veteran Member

The Pentax AF 360 seems to run about $130 US used at the moment. It lacks a swivel head, but you could probably pick up a 3rd party off camera P-TTL cord and still be under $200.

The Metz 50 goes for just over $200 new in the US and it does have a swivel head.

I went in the opposite direction with old second hand manual and auto thyristor flashes and ended up with with 5 or more of them for under $200, including 3 massively powerful hammerhead style flashes like wedding and press photographers used to use.