Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There's no one on my ignore list since Ricehigh and Wendy were banned.

04-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #32
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Of course if I see someone trolling I have trolled back on occasion.
I have to admit to having picked up a stick and poked a bear or two, myself.
04-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #33
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
That sort of hurts my feelings.......or little tender twinkle toes...if I had any!
Regards!
I'm sorry, Jim. I forgot how sensitive you are. My apologies.
04-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Got nobody on my hit list ... yet, but I'm tempted at least on a daily basis.

JP

04-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #35
Veteran Member

A statistic I'd like to see: How many Ignore lists am *I* on? Not *whose* lists, that would be a breach of confidentiality. But just a summary: I have x posts, y likes, and am on z shitlists. Then I get to decide whether that number is a mark of shame, or of honor?
04-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Some days I wish I had an "ignore" button I could click in real life, sigh. Wouldn't that just be great if you could just pick up a remote, go click, and suddenly that annoying person behind you in the checkout line or whatever just suddenly shuts up, goes away and you don't even see them standing there anymore? Sort of a reverse cloaking device?....
04-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #37
Forum Member

On forums, i generally don't feel the need to auto-ignore, because i think the manual-ignore is just as good. It's not like i *have* to read posts from someone i know will tick off all my angry-boxes. It's just like watching TV, if you don't like whatever reality show or stupid sitcom is running; switch to the next channel. But yea. If someone annoys you that much, why not ignore them? Life's to short to spend time annoyed.

04-15-2012, 01:43 AM   #38
Pentaxian

I've never had to ignore anyone here, part of the reason I love this forum is that people are so polite and civilised to each other (as a rule). Jay mentioned DPR, and for the same reason I rarely read the forums there, people just seem to be out to antagonise each other.

I've ignored people who are constant sh*t-stirrers on other forums, but here I've never been tempted to. I resist reading threads that I strongly suspect will antagonise me (such as religious ones, as there are so many wildly different and strong opinions) and that way I avoid problems.

04-15-2012, 04:19 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I resist reading threads that I strongly suspect will antagonise me (such as religious ones, as there are so many wildly different and strong opinions) and that way I avoid problems.
Exactly my solution as well.
04-15-2012, 06:31 AM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Some days I wish I had an "ignore" button I could click in real life, sigh. Wouldn't that just be great if you could just pick up a remote, go click, and suddenly that annoying person behind you in the checkout line or whatever just suddenly shuts up, goes away and you don't even see them standing there anymore? Sort of a reverse cloaking device?....
I like that idea . I just have one problem with it. I am afraid that some days I would be the only one left.
04-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Some days I wish I had an "ignore" button I could click in real life, sigh. Wouldn't that just be great if you could just pick up a remote, go click, and suddenly that annoying person behind you in the checkout line or whatever just suddenly shuts up, goes away and you don't even see them standing there anymore?
I believe that remote is called a 'pistol'; and its use (in public or private) is rather hotly debated.

Last edited by RioRico; 04-15-2012 at 08:58 AM.
04-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #42
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

How are you going to know where you stand if you don't know where others stand? If all you ever hear is "music to your ears", you are not living in the real world. Some people are irritating, or just flat out wrong......but by who's standards? Occasionally (certainly not often) I find that my point of view is way off base and I am the one wrong. Won't learn that if you are constantly pleasing your own ego.

Of course, we are all different in our degree of ability to handle rejection of our own views...some will run, some will stand and fight. Fighting will get you in trouble, but sometimes is worth it.......mostly not.

Rio....( If you can see this?) ....Otis says he will sell you that list you wanted, complete with names and addresses for a 100# bag of shelled roasted peanuts...no COD and no hulls, just Premium Grade golden roasted peanuts shipped directly to the base of his big Oak tree.

Best Regards!
04-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #43
Veteran Member

I don't mind an honest opposing view. I can handle a good debate so long as everyone is respectful even when disagreeing. What I do mind is people who go out of their way to pick on and annoy other people just because they feel like it. This forum is far better than most but I've run up across my share of bullies in other forums and it's not been fun. Some people apparently just live to be unpleasant.

You want to take an opposing viewpoint, be my guest, but when it gets personal, and the shots fly at the person and not the subject of the discussion that's when I'm very glad we can ignore someone. I'm not talking about random trolling. I'm talking about people who are active on a forum who selectively single out people to mess with just because it's fun for them for whatever reason.
04-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Some people apparently just live to be unpleasant.
Yup, that's it. It's not about not agreeing, it's about acting like a prick.
04-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
Yup, that's it. It's not about not agreeing, it's about acting like a prick.
You said it, I didn't but yeah, lol....

;P