Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Lens is lost...

I bought a lens off the marketplace and it was supposed to arrive today. I've been sitting here all day waiting for USPS to show up. Tracking is suddenly coming back saying delivered and it definitely wasn't delivered to me at my house or to any of my neighbors. I don't think he insured it or even requested signature confirmation on the delivery. What do I do?

04-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wait a few more days before you panic.
04-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'd go to the post office and ask them, and also check your mailbox, because maybe it was small enough

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I had the same thing happen at my PO Box. Check with the PO. Luckily the guy that my item was delivered to was honest and brought it back in. Otherwise I'd be in you shoes. Check with the PO first chance you get.

Good luck!

04-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I'd shoot a note to the seller and ask him exactly where he sent the package. He may have transposed a number or two - and while you're sitting at 1234 Main St waiting for a package, some guy at 2134 Main Street is wondering where the heck this lens came from. Just a thought.....

Tim
04-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote
I had the same thing happen at my PO Box. Check with the PO. Luckily the guy that my item was delivered to was honest and brought it back in. Otherwise I'd be in you shoes. Check with the PO first chance you get.

Good luck!
I immediately drove down there. Closed. It's not in my mailbox either. I can feel the panic coming on.
04-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
Veteran Member

How do you know the vendor sent it?

04-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mickeyobe Quote
How do you know the vendor sent it?
I tracked it via usps tracking to my post office. I just dont understand the logic behind punting expensive things across the country without insurance or at the least signature confirmation. He said he would ship it free. I guess that meant the cheapest way possible. Unless it magically shows up, I guess I just lost $360. Is it common practice in the marketplace for vendors to ship things like that?
04-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wouldn't panic yet. I have had things marked as delivered and not get them till the next day. One item marked deleivered actually was and was sitting off in an inconspicuous place on my front porch.
04-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #10

Well if he posted it to the wrong place of say you are entitled to your money bak. Did you use PayPal?
04-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ap_exclamationpoint Quote
I bought a lens off the marketplace and it was supposed to arrive today. I've been sitting here all day waiting for USPS to show up. Tracking is suddenly coming back saying delivered and it definitely wasn't delivered to me at my house or to any of my neighbors. I don't think he insured it or even requested signature confirmation on the delivery. What do I do?
If you bought through Paypal you are entitled to you're money back. The fact that the shipper would have sent the item without a signature is his responsibility and not yours.

Having said that, I'd call UPS and double check the delivery. There are times when things get mixed-up which can be sorted out. Whatever the case I wouldn't panic either way.

Unless of course you payed with something other than Paypal in which case, I honestly don't know what you can do.
04-15-2012, 01:39 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Bonjour,

Just curious, what lens? ... and don't worry as stated above ... wait another day or two ... and go see a real person at your post office.

Salut, John la "Green" Grenouille
04-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bonjour,

Just curious, what lens?

Salut, John la "Green" Grenouille
DA 10-17

I did pay for it through PayPal but I used the friends and family transaction because the guy was giving me a good deal and I was trying to save him the 3% transaction fee. So I might have screwed myself out of paypal's protections because a friends and family transactions are basically gifts.

Anybody had a similar experience with PayPal? We're you covered for this type of transaction?
04-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #14
Veteran Member

It's still too early to start panicking. It's Sunday, and it doesn't matter where the package is at the moment, you won't be able to do anything until tomorrow.

I can understand that you want your lens, but come on.
04-16-2012, 03:17 AM   #15
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ap_exclamationpoint Quote
paypal's protections because a friends and family transactions are basically gifts

Based on that alone; Paypal unlikely to honor anything that was lost - because it is indeed labeled friends and family gift.

Note to anyone for future use... If you happen to see literally anyone requesting that a perspective owner to submit their payment as a gift - no not do it - and also report it. It doesn't get any more red flag than that
Closed Thread