Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My 2000 post!!

Well, I have hit a milestone here on the board. Well, for me not for others. This is my 2000 post. I have to say I have really enjoyed everything about this site. Great advise, great people, great discussion (for the most part ) Overall a site I know I will stick around at for a long while. Just wanted to take the chance to thank Adam for creating the site when things at DPR where getting ugly. He took a chance and he built it and we all came. I have made what I like to say are cyber friends (people I have never met in real life on here on the net). I feel like I could visit just about any country or US state and have a fellow Pentaxian that would sit down for a beer or soda if you prefer. Heck some of you would even let me crash at your house if I needed. Sure some of my posts are short and sweet; I can't always give great advice about processing or technical issues. But, I like to think I am part of this community and even a post saying hi to a new member is adding to the overall happiness of the site. Again thanks to all and to those that keep it running and I look forward to 2000 more Oh and GO PATRIOTS !!!! Sorry, had to through that in there.

01-13-2008, 10:07 AM   #2
Veteran Member

That is a boat load of posts congrats! I agree with your statements about this forum. Of all the other forums I have joined I don't think I exceeded 500 posts and generally rarely frequent them anymore. I learn a lot here and enjoy the interaction Enjoy !
01-13-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am a lowly "just over 750" posts... Almost triple my fun, as they say...

Cheers,
Marc
01-13-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Re: "I feel like I could visit just about any country or US state and have a fellow Pentaxian that would sit down for a beer or soda if you prefer."

I had been thinking the very same if to a much lesser degree, having only been here for 1/2 year.

One thing very interesting about this 'activity' of photography tho is it doesn't really lend itself to "meets"; I haven't seen one organized while here this short 1/2 year. I guess its that it's a 'solo' activity, where some/many may be very introspective while shooting and not social when doing so. [??? ]

I was active on Head-fi.com for about a year [until I had self-imposed going cold turkey there and several automotive boards as it was impacting my work!], and attended two local regional meets. However many of those guys fly across the nation for national meets, go across the globe to international meets, and the message board has a forum devoted to organizing them, then a child forum discussing the impressions from the meets; we don't have that here.

I had always been thinking it might be neat to organize 'regional meets' at places that lends itself to picture taking, like a zoo or arboretum. Then anywhere to a few to a whole bunch of members could meet and share ideas and techniques about shooting the subjects... See other peoples gear they might be interested in; Try different gear out; etc...

....talk about an impetus for LBA!

01-14-2008, 12:10 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats V! Good show!
01-14-2008, 01:17 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Well, I have hit a milestone here on the board. Well, for me not for others. This is my 2000 post. (snip)

Umm... The counter below your name actually shows it to be your 2,007th post, Pat. I've posted a lot of messages as well, but luckily haven't yet forgotten how to read numbers in the process.

stewart
01-14-2008, 08:21 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks all. Stu at the time I posted this thread it was the official 2000 but the counter keeps going as you keep posting

There was a small meet up of some folks in Pennsylvania last year or maybe the year before that. I have to say we have gotten more then few New Englanders lately and maybe when the weather turns a group meet up could be planned. I think we are all so scattered that the larger meet ups are less frequent then the occasional couple of folks getting together here and there.

Again thanks all.

01-14-2008, 09:30 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Wow. Now I know I'm a newbie ...

Congrat's, and keep going.... Keeps life interesting for the rest of us (mostly) lurkers.
01-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I feel like I could visit just about any country or US state and have a fellow Pentaxian that would sit down for a beer or soda if you prefer. Heck some of you would even let me crash at your house if I needed.
So, when can we expect you?
Any kind of beer you like in particular?

- Bert
01-14-2008, 10:46 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
HOLLAND!!! I will call ahead I promise. I am a slightly whimpy beer drinker. But always willing to try something local. How about an Alfa Edel Pils ? I want to see those giant windmills you guys got.
01-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Thanks all. Stu at the time I posted this thread it was the official 2000 but the counter keeps going as you keep posting

I know that, vievetrick. Just trying to confuse things a bit. By the way, you still have more than a thousand messages to go before catching up with the most prolific posters. I just don't see how they do it. With only a third of the messages, this forum eats up enough of my time already. Take care.

stewart
01-24-2008, 04:06 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Congratulations for reaching 2000 posts. Keep up your good work. At last you will reach 20000 posts.