Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Mine was a hand-made tailored suit in Tsim Sha Tsui in Hong Kong.

It reminds me of this scene, though contact was minimal!

04-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As a child each year before Easter my mom would take me to Robert Hall for a new suit and Penneys for shoes.
When I first worked as a bench technician and then as a IT field tech I wore a shirt and tie but no jacket or suit.
As a driver there was no dress requirement. Now as a USPS maintenance employee I wear jeans and navy polos.
I've been lucky as I'm not fond of wearing suits, though I do have one for weddings, funerals and job interviews.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 04-23-2012 at 01:34 PM.
04-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I consult for a living, so it depends on the situation on whether I wear a suit and tie or not. I recently worked one place where the partner is very old school old boy. Decent guy but made fun of anyone that had pony tails, or tattoos, or piercings, etc. If someone were gay, and acted like it, he would have a heyday picking the poor soul apart. I wore suits and ties just so he wouldn't bother me even though he had no reason to.

Right now my suits are in my closet being eaten by moths. If I still had my first one it would be a pile of threads on the floor by now.

Last edited by lammie200; 04-23-2012 at 09:22 PM.
04-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
As a child each year before Easter my mom would take me to Robert Hall for a new suit and Penneys for shoes.
When I first worked as a bench technician and then as a IT field tech I wore a shirt and tie but no jacket or suit.
As a driver there was no dress requirement. Now as a USPS maintenance employee I wear jeans and navy polos.
I've been lucky as I'm not fond of wearing suits, though I do have one for weddings, funerals and job interviews.

Chris

I have some freinds whose working shirt is still that t shirt ( a surf band )

04-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #20

1st work suit Hmmm ~ how about working the dance floor.
A 1970’s jumpsuit in crazy colors of the rainbow. Lets get super funky in a polyester double-knit Leisure suit and big floral ties. Get down on the dance floor with high platform shoes. We had Kodachrome to capture it all in an era that is often described as the Peacock Period.

OK, I can’t steal that fame from my older brothers, as “I am not a crook”. I’m only a couple years from the disco floor, so I remember my older brothers in such costumes. It was years into my working career before my closet was filled with suits & ties. Wish the fedora would become fashionable, need to cover that bald spot !
04-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Heehee, Kauffeetime.

I've been waiting, what, twenty five years for this Pat Benatar type stuff to come back in style?

Can't really remember what I wore to my first wedding gig, but it was probably alarmingly similar to things I'd wear today.
04-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wool, tweedy brown, fully lined, Chanel knock off, extra long jacket, very short skirt for a suit, but very well made. Got it from a nice shop down in the garment district of NYC. It was a steal at like $50. I always loved wearing it. Made me feel like I was wearing the real thing and I always got a lot of compliments from it. It made me look very nice, professional, but also very Vogue. I used to wear it with either brown or black lace up heeled suede boots, 2 1/2 " heels. No, unfortunately I don't have it. It vanished from my storage bin when I was renting one in NJ. Someone took that, lovely set of vintage rhinestone jewelry, and my long, black Euro leather coat. The guy behind the counter swore no one had gotten in there but I know it was in there when I closed it up and it wasn't when I got my stuff out. I was just ticked. I loved that suit, particularly the jacket. It went with the skirt, with jeans in the Fall, and several other things I owned....

04-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #23

Magkelly,

We need pictures PLEASE ! :ugh: