Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This Just Shows The Obvious (Another Trevon Thread)

[Attorney: Zimmerman had $200K from web donations]

Ok, so $200k has been received for his legal fund - I have to say I am one who is glad, not glad because I am a racist (I am not, and not by a long shot) but glad that the money has been raised for him as thus far he is being so wrongfully treated as "guilty before trial'd" that without this he would stand no chance of being able to defend his self and he deserves every right to be able to do so.

I would like to get opinions on the comments that are being made on the article page itself - it is plain and clear that every single person of african american descent has already deemed zimmerman as guilty, it is sooooooooooo evident by not only every single rally but also by virtue of every single comment you can gather about this from the internet - just look at the comments for the linked article below:

Attorney: Zimmerman had $200K from web donations ? USATODAY.com

This is so f'ing wrong as day in and day out people in this country get ragged for being racist (the white man or people of white, crackers or whatever else people like to refer to us as or call us) yet the only people being racist are the same people that claim to be treated unjust and unfairly - crying f'ing shame if you ask me and really shows the issues that the Jack(son)Sharp(ton)Media Racefest has caused...

04-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Before I start-let me say that being half Cheyenne, I have encountered racism in my life. It ain't pretty. It seems that whenever anything like this happens, which is way too often, and the media blows it up into the story of the month, there are always those who will come out of the woodwork to scream "racism". Taken out of contex, this statement by you " it is plain and clear that every single person of african american descent has already deemed zimmerman as guilty, it is sooooooooooo evident by not only every single rally but also by virtue of every single comment you can gather about this from the internet - just look at the comments for the linked article below:" could be considered by some to be racist. I'm not saying it is by any means, I'm saying that some would see it that way. Whenever anything like this happens, people seem to stick together according to their race. I didn't see many white people in the rallies for Trayvon when they showed them on TV. I was kind of surprised by that. I figured there would be people of all races there who were outraged over the killing of this teen. To me, that's what it boils down to-an armed man with a rather questionable history shot an unarmed teenager- doesn't matter to me what color either one of them is.

I'm a native Floridian who no longer lives there. What truly needs to be put on trial here is the Stand Your Ground law itself. This particular law has loose wording and it either needs to be tightened up or done away with completely. I remember the day this law went into effect, there were people with signs in airports in Orlando, Jacksonville and Miami, saying "Welcome to Florida. Don't make anybody mad, because now they can shoot you legally".

I don't know what happened that night-I wasn't there. I do believe that Zimmerman should have backed off following Martin when told to do so by the 911 operator. I'm glad I don't live in Florida anymore. They will probably move this trial-if they can find a place to hold a fair trial. As for Zimmerman, nothing wrong with trying to raise money for a decent defense or bail. If it were me, I probably would have felt a lot safer in jail in solitary. I'm sure this is going to cause a lot more white vs.black vs. Hispanic in the coming months and I really hate to see that. I've learned over the years that color really doesn't matter because we are all human beings and we all bleed red.

Last edited by subeeds; 04-27-2012 at 12:33 AM. Reason: typos
04-27-2012, 02:02 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Innocent until proven guilty. We know Zimmerman shot Trayvon. This is a fact. To assume it was a justified shooting presumes guilt of some sort on Trayvon's part. If we are going to judge Trayvon 'innocent until proven guilty' then until his guilt (of attacking Zimmerman without provocation) is proven, Zimmerman should be held under suspicion of murder.
04-27-2012, 05:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Do we need another thread on this subject (with a misspelled title at that)? Sounds like this same points in this discussion starting all over.

Last edited by GeneV; 04-27-2012 at 06:24 AM.
Closed Thread