Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Let the games begin.......

QuoteQuote:
The Ministry of Defence is considering placing surface-to-air missiles on residential flats during the Olympics.

An east London estate, where 700 people live, has received leaflets saying a "Higher Velocity Missile system" could be placed on a water tower.

A spokesman said the MoD had not yet decided whether to deploy ground based air defence systems during the event.

But estate resident Brian Whelan said firing the missiles "would shower debris across the east end of London".

The journalist said: "At first I thought it was a hoax. I can't see what purpose high-velocity missiles could serve over a crowded area like Tower Hamlets.

"They say they'll only use them as a last resort, but... you'd shower debris across the east end of London by firing these missiles.".........
BBC News - London 2012: Missiles may be placed at residential flats

04-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
Banned

Photos: Albums
I've founf that throughout places such as (a majority of) Europe and also america - that they are all playing strictly a defenseive game. A game where they can't afford just one single item to get through - ever. In other words; a game like this can never be won.

For america specifically; perhaps america should really be addressing the why?

But then again america also makes it even worse for themselves; by declaring war on countries that it should never have done - and also maing itself worse than the enemies - and then also severly judging others that can never meet expectations. Maybe america is truly etting itself up to fail.