Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I therefore have created the Mitt Romney Flip Flop award - Rodger Malcolm Mitchell

QuoteQuote:
FLIP: “I think the minimum wage ought to keep pace with inflation.” [1]
FLOP: “There”s no question raising the minimum wage excessively causes a loss of jobs.” [2]

FLIP: “I will work and fight for stem cell research.” [1]
FLOP: “In the end, I became persuaded that the stem-cell debate was grounded in a false premise.” [2]

FLIP: “I respect and will protect a woman”s right to choose.” [1]
FLOP: “I never really called myself pro-choice.” [2]”

FLIP: “I like mandates. The mandates work.” [1]
FLOP: “I think it”s unconstitutional on the 10th Amendment front.”

FLIP: “I’m not trying to return to Reagan-Bush.” [1]
FLOP: “Ronald Reagan is… my hero.”

FLIP: “Illegal immigrants should have a chance to obtain citizenship.”
FLOP: “Secure the border, employment verification and no special pathway to citizenship.”

FLIP: Romney refused to take a position on Bush’s massive, 10-year tax cut plan.
FLOP: “I supported them.” (The Bush tax cuts)

FLIP:Romney said he will take stands that put him at odds with some traditional ultra- conservative groups, and cited his support for the assault rifle ban and the Brady gun control law. “That’s not going to make me the hero of the NRA. I don”t line up with a lot of special interest groups.”
FLOP: “I’m after the NRA”s endorsement. I”m not sure they”ll give it to me. I hope they will. I also joined because if I’m going to ask for their endorsement, they’re going to ask for mine.”

FLIP: “I have a gun of my own. I go hunting myself.”
FLOP: Asked by reporters at the gun show Friday whether he personally owned a gun, Romney said he did not. He said one of his sons, Josh, keeps two guns at the family vacation home in Utah.

FLIP: “I think the global warming debate is now pretty much over . . .”
FLOP: “I have to tell you with regards to global warming that that’s something, which, you’re right, the scientists haven’t entirely resolved . . .”

FLIP: When a 2002 Constitutional Amendment was proposed to ban same-sex marriage, Romney opposed it
FLOP: Romney will join petition backers in a State House press event today to urge the Legislature to pass the Protection of Marriage Amendment

FLIP: Gov. Mitt Romney (R) signed a bill Wednesday requiring all Massachusetts residents to purchase health insurance.
FLOP: Romney … is much more likely to present his state’s universal coverage law as not a model to copy but an example for other states to learn from. He’s now a critic of his own biggest achievement.

FLIP: Mitt Romney broke with GOP tradition and refused to sign the [Americans for Tax Reform] pledge. Romney’s Gubernatorial Campaign Spokesman, Eric Fehrnstrom, Dismissed Such Pledges At The Time As “Government By Gimmickry.”
FLOP: Almost five years after he refused to sign a ‘no new taxes’ pledge during his campaign for governor, Mitt Romney announced … that he had done just that, as his campaign for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination began in earnest.
enjoy...
–Which of these three candidates do you support: Barack Obama, Flip Romney or Flop Romney”