Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #46
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
The Windsor Building in Madrid burned for nearly two days on almost all its floors. Its structural core was weaker than that of the WTC towers and yet it didn't collapse.

As you will be aware, a C-130 hit a building in Tehran. Everyone on board (94 passengers and crew) are dead.
I waited and waited for the building to collapse like a house of cards.. {Because that's what happens if a plane hits a building ya know}... But as yet nothing of the sort has happened.

I have eleven other examples. As an example a plane signifcantly heavier and larger than the 767 mentioned, fully fueld, hitting at over 400 knots (it's not measured in mph). I can also mention many dozens of examples of fires that burned hotter and longer;some for days on end - building never collapsed. Anyone remember the highrise in Philadelphia??

Might I also point out Physics 202 as taught in any local community college. Try getting any building to fall down upon itself. The higher the building the harder it is to do. Also please note any news footage from 9/11. The planes did not in fact hit squarely at all. Yet both building fell upon themselves. But there's also building 7; how exactly did that one fall; also upon itself?

Something else to think about; it's called follow the money. You'll never guess what happens when one follows the money; all the money that traded through Wall Street that was "bet against" certain airlines and also certain companies located at the WTC - days before it happened.
So humor me, tell me what YOU think happened to the WTC , AA 77 and UA 93 .

Last edited by jogiba; 05-25-2012 at 04:08 PM.
05-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #47
Banned

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by D0n Quote
while you're researching.. look up the NYC subway system... I think in Japan they use special dampers under buildings that are built over subways... to cancel out resonance... no such dampers in the twin towers... think of it this way... look at a set of speakers with bass ports.... the subway beneath the towers may have amplified any resonations.
Subway Operator Recalls 9/11 Cortlandt Street Stop Rescue - NY1.com

Bass reflex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
now scale it up to the size of a subway... sounds promising does it not?

Tesla's Earthquake Machine - YouTube

Interesting reference toTesla, but also feel welcome to give this one a quick glance...

Nikola Tesla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Under the category of Death; the second paragraph...

That basically when Tesla passed the united states government seized a majority of his work; although some of it was in fact recovered and kept from the government. A great majority of the work seized still has the united states government highest classification upon it. As a matter of fact not even any of the united states presidents is allowed to see it. Which makes one then wonder who is??

Ironically the printed data is kept at three ultra secure facilities; one in Iron Mountain almost next to a Corbis site. Another is heavily buried under a mountain in somewhat rural Pennsylvania at a type of military base. Note sure where the third one is though.
05-26-2012, 05:36 AM - 1 Like   #48
D0n
Banned

back on topic... if terrorists had not flown planes into buildings, the buildings would still be standing..... the mechanics and fine details of how the structures came down are not really relevant. But it is offensive to the families of the victims, heroes that were there, and soldiers who fought the good fight, and families of the soldiers that gave everything for people to be walking around spouting Islamist propaganda that the Towers was a staged inside job by America to make up an excuse to go to war.
Bin Laden declared war on the USA on behalf of Islam.... The USA needed no other excuse, all they had to say was "Yes we accept your challenge, we're on our way there, see you soon". The conspiracy theories on 911 is No less offensive than Iran's rhetoric that the Holocaust never happened while stating they want to wipe Israel off the map. Hope the moderate Muslims that actually do believe in peace succeed in overthrowing, imprisoning, or killing all the extremists that have hijacked the "religion of peace" before we have to send the full might of another multinational military force back in to do it for them..Again. those that fail to learn from the past, condemn themselves to repeating it. Iran and Syria will be next, one way or another... better for Islam's reputation if the moderate Muslims do the right thing this time, and save the rest of the world the trouble..

Just think about it.. what would it have done for Islam's reputation if it had been a Muslim that took out Bin Laden to protest terrorism?
instead, there is a Muslim sitting in prison in Pakistan for treason, for doing what the Pakistan government had promised to do.. helping the USA find Bin Laden. Not the best public relations descision for an Islamist state to be doing for Islam's reputation. That Doctor deserves to be exiled to the USA so the free world can reward him for his Heroism. HE is proof not all Muslims are terrorists or terrorist supporters, and HE is in a muslim jail for it.

Last edited by D0n; 05-26-2012 at 05:53 AM.
05-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The effective solution is to put nuclear retaliation on the table for state sponsors of terrorism, and be willing follow through with it.
Unfortunately a 9/11 type of operation doesn't need state sponsors; terrorist groups are not necessarily tied down to one country and may even be home-grown.... The 9/11 terrorists completed their training in South Florida, should the US nuke itself?

05-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #50
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
The 9/11 terrorists completed their training in South Florida, should the US nuke itself?
In this case, certainly not. Now if they had trained in California, or maybe New Jersey................................

Oh, lighten up! I'm kidding.
05-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #51
Banned

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Bin Laden declared war on the USA on behalf of Islam.... The USA needed no other excuse, all they had to say was "Yes we accept your challenge, we're on our way there, see you soon".

Somewhat agree, but... How does Iraq fit into all of it? Sure there was a time when Bin Laden was in Iraq, but... He was also in Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Afganistan, and Pakistan. And how many of those countries has the united states effectively declared war upon.

Perhaps the most major issue for me is the number os people killed and injured in all of this. About 3k eople killed on 9/11; yet over 100k++ klled in Iraq and Afganistan. And to a majority of the world, because of those very numbers america is more of an enemy that Bin Laden ever was. Add to that the illegal prison issue.
05-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #52
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
How does Iraq fit into all of it?
It's simple. It doesn't. Sadam made Dubya's daddy look bad, so Dubya wanted to spank him.
If the war had actually been tactical or strategic, there would have been clear cut goals set beforehand. Instead, the battle plan was "let's go in a-shootin', and see what happens."

Clinton's approach (as to Bin Laden) was at the opposite end of the scale. He fired a 2 million dollar missile into a ten dollar tent, hit a camel in the butt and said "Ah, ah tried to get him. Ah tried, but we just couldn't do it."

Last edited by Parallax; 05-26-2012 at 10:29 AM.
05-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #53
Banned

Hope the moderate Muslims that actually do believe in peace succeed in overthrowing, imprisoning, or killing all the extremists that have hijacked the "religion of peace" before we have to send the full might of another multinational military force back in to do it for them..Again. those that fail to learn from the past, condemn themselves to repeating it.
there is so many things wrong with this statement I scarcely know where to begin. did you even read your typed thoughts before posting this? just wow. seriously?
05-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #54
D0n
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
there is so many things wrong with this statement I scarcely know where to begin. did you even read your typed thoughts before posting this? just wow. seriously?
yeah I read it.
QuoteQuote:
there is so many things wrong with the Middle East & Northern Africa I scarcely know where to begin. did you even read your typed thoughts before posting this? just wow. seriously?
fixed it for you.

Truth is... I take out my trash. I don't wait for my neighbours to do it for me, nor do I fight with my neighbours about it until the City shows up with a court order and clean up crew. World will be a better place if Islamic countries did the same thing with their extremists... get rid of their own trash before it becomes everybody else's problem.
05-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #55
Banned

yeah I read it.

fixed it for you.

Truth is... I take out my trash. I don't wait for my neighbours to do it for me, nor do I fight with my neighbours about it until the City shows up with a court order and clean up crew. World will be a better place if Islamic countries did the same thing with their extremists... get rid of their own trash before it becomes everybody else's problem.
no mate, you may have read it, you may have even thought it up, but you clearly don't get it. and your response confirms that, so I won't even bother wasting the time.
05-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #56
D0n
Banned

no mate, you may have read it, you may have even thought it up, but you clearly don't get it. and your response confirms that, so I won't even bother wasting the time.
I'm a menace to closed mindedness everywhere.... I simply simply, obsessively, compulsively tell the truth.
The thing about telling people the truth is this...
If you're gonna tell people the truth you better say it funny, or they'll kill you.
so here is my take on what is needed to fix Islam's image problem..

05-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #57
Banned

I'm a menace to closed mindedness everywhere.... I simply simply, obsessively, compulsively tell the truth.
The thing about telling people the truth is this...
If you're gonna tell people the truth you better say it funny, or they'll kill you.
so here is my take on what is needed to fix Islam's image problem..

you think that was witty? you don't speak the truth, you speak ignorance and nonsense, about things you have so little true idea about.
05-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #58
D0n
Banned

you think that was witty? you don't speak the truth, you speak ignorance and nonsense, about things you have so little true idea about.
truth is this offends me:
Slaughter in Syria

Muslims being slaughtered by Muslims.....

Do you see how having no separation between church and state makes it very hard for others (infidels such as myself) to not separate the actions of the Islamic states from Islam? That is the truth.

compare that to how we in Canada deal with a major crisis:

Quebec protest

doesn't matter if you're Catholic, Protestant, Christian, Muslim or atheist... here in Canada people can protest the government, even get arrested.. and neither the civilians nor the police nor the government decides to go on a mass killing spree... we have differing opinions but don't go on massive killing sprees to win debates.

There are TWO reasons for that...
1)This is a democracy...
2)There is no version of Sharia law being applied here.

So maybe I am not as ignorant as you think I am.. I know this system, flaws and all is better than Syria's, and Syria's largely reflects the sharia law..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judiciary_of_Syria
yet Syria and Quebec BOTH started out with a lot of French styled laws and courts... so why did they both end up being so different?
Separation of church and state.

Last edited by D0n; 05-26-2012 at 01:16 PM.
05-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #59
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
It's simple. It doesn't. Sadam made Dubya's daddy look bad, so Dubya wanted to spank him.
If the war had actually been tactical or strategic, there would have been clear cut goals set beforehand. Instead, the battle plan was "let's go in a-shootin', and see what happens."

Clinton's approach (as to Bin Laden) was at the opposite end of the scale. He fired a 2 million dollar missile into a ten dollar tent, hit a camel in the butt and said "Ah, ah tried to get him. Ah tried, but we just couldn't do it."
The GOP didn't want Clinton to go after Bin Laden at all and take Monica off the front page.
05-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #60
Loyal Site Supporter

He doesn't read his stuff before posting. It's why he comes off looking like a crazed loonie.
Closed Thread