Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Craft foam corset

Hi everyone,

I'm preparing for a very interesting photoshoot. I want to shoot a model dressed as an elf and created more of a fantasy effect with the photo. Since I don't have a lot of money to throw around and I need to make her outfit look like armor I'm creating it entirely out of craft foam (the flexible stuff you find in the children's department at craft stores). I have to say it's been an interesting ride so far but the outfit is looking pretty cool. Since you can't machine sew craft foam I had to do the entire corset by hand. Took me over a month but it's looking pretty cool. Just have to do the ornmintation, leg armor and arm armor and it will be done. Can't wait to show you all the results.

Elwood

05-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Are you also going to heating it to give it shape, then doing the painting on it? I know there is an AWESOME tutorial on craft foam armor somewhere out there. I am pretty sure you can get references to it on the cosplay.com forums. Also, can't wait to see the pics!