Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
Veteran Member

What other photo forums are you on?

I tried Lumi Landscape...but failed their entrance exam. I only got 3 out of 5 questions right, so the flunked me. I said fudge that...I am too busy to go back to school to pass their test to get in.

What other photo forums are you on? How do you like them?

05-24-2012, 06:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
RFF but I only visit occasionally (great source for rangefinder info though, and a good marketplace for the same)
Bronica user group on Yahoo - mostly i lurk via email updates
Camera enthusiast the sister site to this - good site very friendly
05-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote
I tried Lumi Landscape...but failed their entrance exam. I only got 3 out of 5 questions right, so the flunked me. I said fudge that...I am too busy to go back to school to pass their test to get in.

What other photo forums are you on? How do you like them?
Couple: Flickr and PPG, although I have been busier with Flickr than with PPG over that past few months.
I find the photo "IQ" better at Flickr and downloaded pics from that site to PF, for instance, always show more details.

BTW, I went and checked Lumi Landscape just for the fun of it ... went to their registration page: whoa! Weird questions in there.

Cheers.

JP
05-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Couple: Flickr and PPG, although I have been busier with Flickr than with PPG over that past few months.
I find the photo "IQ" better at Flickr and downloaded pics from that site to PF, for instance, always show more details.

BTW, I went and checked Lumi Landscape just for the fun of it ... went to their registration page: whoa! Weird questions in there.

Cheers.

JP
supposedly to offset spambots I ended up registering since i do visit the sight pretty often

05-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #5

Steve's Digicams. A section for Pentax cameras and lenses as well as other makes and general topics.

Regards
05-25-2012, 05:43 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I can keep up with two - here and mflenses.com

I also hang out at camera enthusiast though it hasn't gained traction in all of its sections, seems like a very nice photo posting place... and yashica forum... I seem to be stuck at rff, where my original id application went wrong (I think they don't allow hotmail or yahoo mail email accounts?) and the couple of times I tried I couldn't get it to go.

Otherwise flickr is where I spend my time and post my photos and ads
05-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #7
Pentaxian

There are other forums?

05-27-2012, 02:21 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I use Flickr for my pictures a lot, I found that once I got established there with some good contacts it's a good site that gives me honest feedback.
For 'gear' sites I use MF Lenses because that's what I use 99% of the time now, and there's a good knowledgeable bunch of people there. For my Minolta, Canon, Voightlander and Zorki fix I use APUG
05-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bluenose Quote
Steve's Digicams. A section for Pentax cameras and lenses as well as other makes and general topics.

Regards
+1 for Steve's. I was there before I found PF.
05-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #10
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Been over here several years.....mostly a small group of regulars, but newcomers are always welcome...friendly and casual, not much serious talk, just fun among friends... Flickr: Pentaxians

I have a Flickr Photo site....where I have the good, the bad and the ugly posted....generally, if I shoot it, I post it! ...which explains the lack of a lot of "good". Flickr: Rupert2009's Photostream

Regards!
05-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rangefinder Forum

I was there in its early days, when founding members were fixing up Yashica Electro 35's etc.
Now it's lots of high-end stuff, other formats, digital and even SLRs. Times sure have changed.
I stick around though. It's fun to tweak the Leicaphiles occasionally...

Chris
05-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I have been a maintainer on T90 for years. The camera was discontinued in 1985 and the site is now dead although still online.

My favourite by far is Camera Collector. It is small but warm, good humoured and friendly, completely void of stuffiness and full of valuable information from its always helpful, caring members who seem like a family. There is no nastiness whatsoever from it ever sensitive members.

I have just joined Ugly Hedgehog. With a name like that how bad can it be?

Mickey
05-29-2012, 05:23 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Rangefinder Forum

I was there in its early days, when founding members were fixing up Yashica Electro 35's etc.
Now it's lots of high-end stuff, other formats, digital and even SLRs. Times sure have changed.
I stick around though. It's fun to tweak the Leicaphiles occasionally...

Chris
LOL, I've seen you do that Chris I mainly pop in for the Russian stuff and info on small stuff or monsters like my super 23 (which has to border on being the larger RF ever built)

the leica guys OTOH, well they are easily tweaked - they are after all much rarer specimens than Pentax shooters
05-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Active memberships:

Here
Rangefinderforum
Large Format Photography Forum

Semi-active Memberships:
Flickr (mostly just use it to store photos, though I discuss occasionally)

Mostly Inactive Memberships:
APUG
Camera-Enthusiast
(Joined these two recently, haven't really gotten into the swing of it)
06-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Friendly Photo Zone .com was founded by a few ex and current PF'ers. Small group , not brand specific and some fun contests. Currently running a 50mm contest with prize. Here's the link http://www.*****************.com/forum/53-Contests/15920-Nice-Normal--Fantas...Contest-Thread
Gee , Adam is still blocking their web address