Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
LOL... on the other hand, it is an eye opener when I googled "President Lincoln Flubs" - appears that Abe never flubbed in his life, but Obama has flubbed just about every president in history

That really changes my opinion of him. I will now vote for Nader.

05-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A Better Amercia! The Best Uses of Mitt Romney's Spelling Fail from You're Doing It Wrong

And to Romney's app designer..

Last edited by boriscleto; 05-30-2012 at 01:36 PM.
06-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Get a brain? Maybe but all of us make stupid misspellings and typos on a daily basis. A spell checker program would have caught it. Even the forum has one. Having another person to check and proofread would also have prevented this. These mistakes happen to candidates of both parties. This article might explain why.Revisiting why incompetents think they’re awesome | Ars Technica
06-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Update:

06-07-2012, 05:08 AM - 1 Like   #20
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Loooks like he neds a new prooph reeder.
06-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #21
Banned

Original Poster
Romney Campaign Misspells Reagan

06-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
On the merits of that chart, the closer we get to our time and the more hardened opposition is, I wonder how relevant those numbers become. From Nixon forward, the numbers for re-elected presidents get much smaller.

06-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #23

I was one who (tongue-in-cheek) suggested Obama did not know how many states there were in another thread. Just goes to show you how some will excuse their own candidate for any act of unintentional, or otherwise stupidity, while at the same time rake the opposition over the coals for a mistake he probably never made, but was made by a staffer.
06-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Who cares....by the spelling he obviously transposed a couple of letters in haste. How many have done that ? When I'm in a hurry I do that to a whole bunch of words....

You know if this is what passes for 'journalism' there needs to be a 'new' edition of some tough editors that kick reporter butt.
06-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #25

Dumb and dumber

Let's see now which is the most dumb? A Romney campaign staffer misspelling "Amercia" or Obama himself saying, "the private sector is doing just fine". I doubt it, but even if it were, it is pretty stupid of him to be saying that to all the "Amercians out here that are not doing fine.
06-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #26

Or how about, "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." —Cincinnati, OH, Sept. 22, 2011
06-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #27
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by metaglypto Quote
Or how about, "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." —Cincinnati, OH, Sept. 22, 2011
Good example. It's all quite simple. If you like the person, (any person) he/she simply miss spoke, if you don't, he's an idiot.
06-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #28

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Good example. It's all quite simple. If you like the person, (any person) he/she simply miss spoke, if you don't, he's an idiot.
Bingo.
06-11-2012, 12:24 AM - 1 Like   #29
Veteran Member

In the case of the Romney iPhone app/website typos, I don't think anyone is trying to imply that they mean that Romney himself is an idiot. Clearly Romney doesn't program his own apps or lay out his own website. However, it could be construed as symptomatic of something deeper in his campaign--a lack of attention to detail, and perhaps a lack of regard for education or eloquence. Speaking as someone who makes his living in the editorial/copy business, when there's a grand total of three words on a page, you'd better be sure none of them is misspelled.
06-11-2012, 05:16 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
In the case of the Romney iPhone app/website typos, I don't think anyone is trying to imply that they mean that Romney himself is an idiot. Clearly Romney doesn't program his own apps or lay out his own website. However, it could be construed as symptomatic of something deeper in his campaign--a lack of attention to detail, and perhaps a lack of regard for education or eloquence. Speaking as someone who makes his living in the editorial/copy business, when there's a grand total of three words on a page, you'd better be sure none of them is misspelled.
Good point. There is a big difference here between misspeaking and creating multiple written ads or apps with problems. My wife makes here living in a similar way to you, and I know that all you have to do is hire someone good. Unfortunately, it is not even as expensive as it should be. I was not inclined to give this typo much attention, but one does wonder about the care which well-funded people in charge have given to what is presented.