Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-30-2012, 06:19 AM   #1
Banned

Romney misspells 'America' on iPhone app

Romney misspells 'America' on iPhone app

QuoteQuote:
Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign misspelled the word “America” on its new iPhone app, and it’s already paying a price for it.

In the app, the phrase “A Better America” is misspelled “A Better Amercia.” The misspelling was picked up and tweeted widely Tuesday night, soon spawned a hashtag-driven Twitter meme in which people imagined just what Amercia stood for and what kind of policies Romney had planned for Amercia.

The Romney campaign told The Fix that it had submitted a corrected version of the app to Apple, which has to approve the update.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/romney-app-misspells-amerci...8K0U_blog.html

05-30-2012, 06:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You know, this may be important to the crowd that thinks the President does not know how many states there are, but it seems trivial to me.
05-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This proves that Romney isn't eligible to run for President of the United States. He was born in Amercia and not America. We need the long form birth certificate to be sure he isn't a secret Mexican.
05-30-2012, 06:31 AM   #4
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
You know, this may be important to the crowd that thinks the President does not know how many states there are, but it seems trivial to me.
Do you think Obama does not know there are 50 states with Hawaii being the 50th ?

05-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

C'mon guys! Everyone knows Romney himself can't code an iPhone app. It was an obvious campaign dirty trick.

On the other hand, Obama clearly, through his own mouth, is guilty of mis-estimating the number of states here in the land he was not born in and rules unconstitutionally.

Feh.
05-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Do you think Obama does not know there are 50 states with Hawaii being the 50th ?
Do you think that Romney does not know how to spell "America?"
05-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Except this is what trumped Romney:
POLAND DEMANDS OBAMA APOLOGIZE...
Obama Nazi death camp gaffe 'hurt all Poles': PM - Yahoo! News

Also being commander in chief, he should know better:
Obama Mispronounces "Corpsman" At Prayer Breakfast | RealClearPolitics

05-30-2012, 10:34 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Because Obama is the only President in history to occasionally stumble over words...

05-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #9
Veteran Member

AMER-CIA perfectly correct.......
05-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
AMER-CIA perfectly correct.......
That's funny! I was reading it with 'mercy' as in a kinder, gentler conservatism
05-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At least Bush knows the sex of his kids.

Obama Speaks About His SONS – TWICE - The Ulsterman Report

Last edited by Jack; 05-30-2012 at 11:52 AM.
05-30-2012, 12:06 PM - 1 Like   #12
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

This may take the award for the most ridiculous thread ever. I would suggest that only those who have never misspoken, or made a typographical error participate from this point.
05-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jack Quote
At least Bush knows the sex of his kids.

Obama Speaks About His SONS – TWICE - The Ulsterman Report
First off, you know that the muslims, like the mormons, practice polygamy. And we all know about Africans. So you can't prove, can you, that Obama does not in fact have sons.

Secondly, we all know what a speaker Obama is. This is poetic license, there is some Greek or Latin term for this, so it is a learned and hoary practice. Much more effective than having to say 'I want my daughters to have the same opportunities as my sons [would have, if I had any, sons that is, as I do have daughters, two of them, with proper long form birth certificates, which my sons, which I have none, lack. But it doesn't seem to hold them back. Not that they exist, the sons, I mean, and their birth certificates. But they would be natural born American citizens if I did have any, or even one. But I dont]"
05-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
LMAO Jussi you are on fire today
05-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
First off, you know that the muslims, like the mormons, practice polygamy. And we all know about Africans. So you can't prove, can you, that Obama does not in fact have sons.

Secondly, we all know what a speaker Obama is. This is poetic license, there is some Greek or Latin term for this, so it is a learned and hoary practice. Much more effective than having to say 'I want my daughters to have the same opportunities as my sons [would have, if I had any, sons that is, as I do have daughters, two of them, with proper long form birth certificates, which my sons, which I have none, lack. But it doesn't seem to hold them back. Not that they exist, the sons, I mean, and their birth certificates. But they would be natural born American citizens if I did have any, or even one. But I dont]"
I saw that skit on Monty Python.......

O/T but related, sort of:

QuoteQuote:
Washington (CNN) -- Call them "unicorners." A liberal group says it has collected more than 19,000 e-mails requesting Arizona officials to confirm Mitt Romney is not a unicorn.
Without such proof, the group Left Action argues with tongue in cheek, Romney may indeed be a unicorn -- his dark mane hiding a horn -- and therefore ineligible to be on the presidential ballot in November.
The farcical campaign mimics efforts by so-called "birthers," and some top supporters of certain Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, to continually raise the already-settled issue of whether President Barack Obama meets the Constitution's requirements for citizenship.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/30/politics/romney-unicorn/index.html?eref=igoogledmn_topstories