Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Polls closed.. Americans actually turned out for a change..

We shall soon see w/ that means.........

06-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Walker won. The people have spoken, they're tired of unions and want someone who does what they say they are going to do.
06-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Today was a great day for democracy. The people of Wisconsin reaffirmed there support for taking their government back from the death grip of special interests.

November, here we come!!!
06-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
Today was a great day for democracy. The people of Wisconsin reaffirmed there support for taking their government back from the death grip of special interests.
Bit ironic given that the bulk of Walker's funding came from out-of-state special interest groups, eh?

Sad day for America, but the polling data for Obama looks pretty good in Wisconsin.

06-06-2012, 02:23 AM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Sad day for America, but the polling data for Obama looks pretty good in Wisconsin.
I am more and more skeptical about the Obama reelection than ever. Polls look ok for now, but lets wait till the Republicans start using their super pac money. I'm afraid that this election is just a sign of things to come. I'm afraid that the Democrats are fighting a loosing battle across the USA and that they will loose and loose badly. I'm also afraid what it will mean for the world if someone like Mitt and the current GOP take over a (once) mighty country. Things are not looking good.
06-06-2012, 03:30 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So what happened with the senate races (I'm too lazy to look that up)
06-06-2012, 04:29 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

So, you are looking forward to a big win for Gary Johnson?

But you are right, when the winner has an 8:1 money advantage put up by out of state billionaires (including the Kochs, Sheldon Adelson, Foster Friess), that surely indicates the defeat of special interests.

Last edited by GeneV; 06-06-2012 at 04:41 AM.
06-06-2012, 04:35 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Bit ironic given that the bulk of Walker's funding came from out-of-state special interest groups, eh?

It will be an interesting analysis of these results. Union households voted half for Walker--as David Obey stated, a suicide vote. A good chunk of Walker's voters support Obama. Self-described "moderates" went for Barrett, but by less than double digits. There may be a local dynamic to this election which is not obvious to outsiders looking in or the 8 to 1 money advantage works.
06-06-2012, 04:52 AM   #24
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
So, you are looking forward to a big win for Gary Johnson?
President Moonbeam has a nice ring to it

It will be an interesting analysis of these results. Union households voted half for Walker--as David Obey stated, a suicide vote. A good chunk of Walker's voters support Obama. Self-described "moderates" went for Barrett, but by less than double digits. There may be a local dynamic to this election which is not obvious to outsiders looking in or the 8 to 1 money advantage works.
So you don't think Tom Barret will stick around for a best 3 out of 5 series when Walker is really up for reelection?
06-06-2012, 04:56 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
So what happened with the senate races (I'm too lazy to look that up)
3 lost one won (subject to recount) Senate is, for now Dem controlled.........
06-06-2012, 04:57 AM   #26
Veteran Member

It is all a matter of what your definition of "special interest" is....... corp. spec interests?
06-06-2012, 04:57 AM   #27
Veteran Member

President Moonbeam has a nice ring to it

So you don't think Tom Barret will stick around for a best 3 out of 5 series when Walker is really up for reelection?
Do you think that the billionaires will put up $50,000,000 again for a regularly scheduled election?
06-06-2012, 05:04 AM   #28
Veteran Member

men, 65 and over, repubs,conservs, ind, non college grads.

Actually Gene the sad thing, from my perspective , is he lost because 1)60% think recalls are just for err "criminal offenses" not policy and 2) the "parliamentary tactic" of heading to IL to avoid a quorum was really more important than "I" would expect..

Can't tell you how many "I don't like Walker but he "deserves" his term" I heard..

sorry that baffles me......black and white people.......

Walker is not "liked" by over 50% of voters.. that I could guarantee..

Last edited by jeffkrol; 06-06-2012 at 05:11 AM.
06-06-2012, 05:12 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote

men, 65 and over, repubs,conservs, ind, non college grads.
I've seen those numbers, but I don't really think that tells the whole story without digging deeper. For example, how were half of the members of union households convinced to vote for a candidate known as a union-buster? I get how they might have gone that way in 2010, but now it seems like an economic death wish. Curious.
06-06-2012, 05:17 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
It is all a matter of what your definition of "special interest" is....... corp. spec interests?
If the alleged "special interests" are unions, the 50/50 vote by union households doesn't seem to support it.
Closed Thread