Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How's it going in Wisconsin?

Doesn't sound too good for those who want Walker to go?

June 2012 could be America's pivotal month | Washington Examiner

QuoteQuote:
On June 5, Wisconsin voters will decide whether or not to recall Republican Gov. Scott Walker. The vote will be the culmination of an 18-month campaign by big labor to thwart Walker's public sector union reforms, which are already loosening the stranglehold that the unions had on state and local budgets. With just a week before the election, Walker leads his Democratic challenger, Tom Barrett, by 6 points, according to an average of polls compiled by RealClearPolitics.

Should Walker win, the ramifications will go far beyond Wisconsin. Walker's ability to survive a well-funded recall effort in a bluish state that is likely to vote for President Obama would send a message to governors in cash-strapped states throughout the nation. They will be more likely to confront their unions, too.

Beyond that, a Walker win would prove to politicians at the state and federal level that voters will not only tolerate but reward leaders who take a stand on "third rail" issues and remain firm in the face of protests, threats and special-interest scare tactics.

Because Walker followed through in implementing his reforms, Wisconsin parents with school aged children had a full academic year to see that none of the dire warnings the unions had made about his policies ever came true. Instead, local governments saved money with the added flexibility the reforms gave them, and property taxes went down for the first time in many years.

A Marquette Law School poll released earlier this month found that by a 50 percent to 43 percent margin, Wisconsin voters want to preserve Walker's public sector union reforms that triggered the recall. Among independents, 53 percent surveyed said they were against repealing the reforms and going back to the pre-Walker status quo, compared to just 38 percent who wanted to undo the reforms.

05-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The cons in Wisconsin make Whitey Bulger look straight-laced.

Dirty tricks, indeed, abound. Saw it myself when I was there.

Dirty Tricks In Wisconsin: Secret Group Shuts Down Phones Of Scott Walker's Democratic Challenger With Spam Texts | ThinkProgress
05-31-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

OK.. could be better......

Tons of "other peoples money" flowing in..
06-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Politifact: Walker Most Dishonest Governor in America
Submitted by Jud Lounsbury on Fri, 06/01/2012 - 2:54pm

In a ranking of governors where Politifact rated at least five statements, Walker is the #1 most dishonest governor in America.
While Oregon governor John Kitzhaber led the nation in honesty with 100% of his statements being ranked true or mostly true, Walker edged-out Texas Governor Rick Perry and Rhode Island Governor Lincoln Chaffee with only 22% of 51 statements rated true or mostly true.
Here is the top five most dishonest governors in America, according to Politifact:
1) Scott Walker, WI 22%
2) Rick Perry, TX 25%
3) Lincoln Chafee, RI 25%
4) Chris Christie, NJ 38%
5) Bob Mcconnell 44%

Congratulations governor! We may be last in jobs, but its nice to be first in something
QuoteQuote:
Politiscoop contacted the BLS today for verification of the claim. It turns out to be one of Walker's biggest lies to date. In a conversation with a BLS representative, we found that the state of Wisconsin submitted a new formula in regard to jobs created or lost in the state. The example we were given was as follows:

Originally the state would have had a formula such as 1+3+10=14; Wisconsin changed the math to be 4+10=14. As you can see, both come to the same result, just one less step in doing so and wouldn't generate 30,000 extra jobs. The BLS also pointed out the fact that each year the benchmarks for the state are adjusted to account for any changes to prevent statistical errors.

The BLS said "The Bureau can not comment on the fourth quarter numbers because they haven't been released. I can say that we would not have confirmed the numbers yet, but would only have confirmed the methods used."

We also asked about the historical numbers and how much or how little they were adjusted at year end and if any previous adjustments came close to the error Scott Walker claims they have made. From 2006-2011 the margin of error was a mere -.9%, which means that the BLS claimed Wisconsin created slightly less jobs than originally reported, not the inverse of which is what Walker claims. The BLS will be releasing quarterly statistics on June 28th, 2012 and that is when we will know the true set of numbers.

The BLS also made it clear that if there was such an egregious error in Wisconsin, that error would also apply to the rest of the United States. In other words, Wisconsin would still be dead last in job creation. We contacted the Scott Walker campaign and were given a “no comment". We also reached out to communications director, Ciara Mathews, and asked for proof of Scott Walker’s claim. We have yet to receive a reply.
Feds Did Not Confirm Walker's Job Numbers ? BLS Clarification | Wisconsin Politics

We have a popular "conservative without a conscience" gov who is a compulsive liar...AND deep pockets.......

how would you expect things are going..........

QuoteQuote:
MADISON – An April 27th memo from Governor Walker’s office insinuating that his decision to restructure teachers base pay wouldn't result in a pay cut stands in stark contrast to a recently discovered earlier memo from Governor Walker’s attorney, Nate Ristow. The Ristow memo shows Walker’s decision could result in up to a 31.1 percent reduction in take-home pay for teachers, in direct contrast to what Walker claimed the rule would do. Below is Rep. Mark Pocan’s (D-Madison) statement on Walker’s deception:
“The uncovering of these documents proves we can’t trust Governor Scott Walker. Walker knew all along that his rule change could reduce the pay of some teachers by up to 31 percent, but he hid the facts from us. Knowing the truth and telling teachers something else is unconscionable."
“All politics aside, the one thing voters should be able to count on from their governor is the truth. Obviously, Scott Walker struggles with telling the truth and if we can’t trust him to tell us the truth, how can we trust him to run our government?”
Pocan statement on recently released memo showing Walker intentionally misleads teachers about pay cuts | Wisconsin Politics

This is Amer-cia.. home of the clueless..... and the brave.
QuoteQuote:

Republicans Planning for Right to Work

Former Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Jeff Fitzgerald told a reporter on March 27 that he and legislative Republicans were interested in pursuing a law that would make the state a right-to-work (for less) state. The reporter asks Fitzgerald whether he was surprised when Walker described his plans to attack public workers’ collective bargaining.

“No, it wasn’t a shock to me …” responds Fitzgerald. “My caucus wanted to go further. I had people in my caucus that was, you know, were wondering if we were going to do Right to Work in this state. So to tell you the truth, the collective bargaining, to me, I thought was more of a middle ground if you can believe that.”

Fitzgerald says “a number of people thought” they would push right-to-work, just as Republicans were in Indiana (where it passed this winter) and Minnesota (where it stalled). “When I heard about the collective bargaining,” he says, “it didn’t surprise me at all.”

The chair of the powerful Joint Finance Committee, Robin Vos, has been planning to make Wisconsin a Right to Work state since at least 2006. Politiscoop has uncovered these documents here, here, here, here, here and here. They reveal Robin Vos's vow to break the unions and turn Wisconsin into a right to work state.

Regarding Scott Walker and his denial of plans to turn Wisconsin into a "Right to Work for Less" state, we need look no further than the Budget Repair Bill (ACT 10), wherein he stripped unions of their right to collectively bargain. When the unions launched a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of ACT 10, charter school teacher Kristi Lacroix filed an amicus curiae brief in order to intervene in the case. It turns out that the National Right to Work Foundation filed the brief on her behalf and later Lacroix would be seen across Wisconsin televisions saying it was just a matter of “Sour Grapes”.

We reached out to Candidate Kelley Albrecht who is running against Robin Vos for the 63rd Assembly District seat and she had this to say.

Those trying to divide and conquer Wisconsin say unions are the special interests they need to remove. The truth is, unions are the people's voices, the people's interest. Our Nation is a union, the collective voices of the people. The special interest that needs to be removed from our government is the corporate interest that reduces the people's voices to silence with their money and power. We need our government to use our tax funds to serve the people's interest.

The amount of our tax dollars funneled through a smoke screen of hypocrisy and lies to the hands of those who do not care if the people live or die in their game of survival of the wealthiest is not the values of Wisconsin. Republicans considering voting for Scott Walker need to realize it is the lower and middle class tax payers that are under attack, whether they are Republican or Democrat, Scott Walker and Scott Fitzgerald, Van Wanggaard, Robin Vos, and all the other lockstep Republicans are counting on the Republicans staying uniformed to get him through millions of Wisconsinites wanting to hold him accountable.

The only thing that stopped the WisGop’s plan to crush the working class was Dane County Circuit Judge Richard Niess' issuance of a permanent injunction, blocking a state law requiring people to show photo ID in order to be allowed to vote. Niess ruled the voter I.D bill unconstitutional. This gives Wisconsinites one final opportunity to continue to have a voice in their government. If you do not think this election is important, you had better think again, and then call everyone you know and get them to the polls on June 5th. Be a voter. Bring a friend.
Exclusive -- Right To Work (For Less) Documents Surface in Wisconsin | Wisconsin Politics

06-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
OK.. could be better......

Tons of "other peoples money" flowing in..
Of course. Ever been to Wisconsin's state house? After Walker policies, the Koch Bros. literally *bought* damn near half of what you could see from there. Never mind the rest of the state.

My pet theory is they want the water.

Which is mad, but that never stopped them before. They've actually promoted ideas of some scheme for Great Lakes water to be piped into their desert land....

Also spent billions on like 10-dvd sets claiming 'evil witches' are responsible for the 'global conspiracy' of them just *happening* to be *wrong about everything according to everyone.*

It's almost flattering... But that's really not the doing of me or any people of mine. Except maybe for pointing it out.

Especially since they have this actual black tower in Fort Worth, But, no.... Just bein me, on a pretty short budget.

Also, Wisconsonians.... Look what they're *buying.* This isn't about politics, never mind 'winning' them long-term, they're attacking the Rust Belt like a *military enemy.* Only with money. Just like they say. Themselves.

(I mean, did you really think they were spending these decades calling everything they do a 'war' when it was just a metaphor?

They've been 'scorched earth' since long before it was obvious in 2004. In Blue states, they aren't playing to win, they're playing to *spoil.* And *own.* This isn't an electoral strategy, it's a *looting.* Capiche?

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 06-02-2012 at 06:58 PM.
06-03-2012, 05:01 AM   #6
Veteran Member

mixed feeings

BREAKING story .. BUT timing (and if not verifed in time) may possibly hurt the cause....

Hard core Repubs will ignore
Hard core Dem/lib/prog will not need it

Ind.. ?????? Risky play..

"Teflon Walker" , tough nut to crack

Integrity: The Child Scott Walker Left Behind | Wisconsin Citizens Media Co-op
QuoteQuote:
Midway through that spring semester, Bernadette alleges, Ruth found out she was pregnant. She informed her boyfriend, Scott, and initially he was supportive. That support changed to callous indifference for his girlfriend’s predicament after Scott informed his parents of the pregnancy.

Bernadette reports that at this point Scott began denying that he was the father of the baby, and when Ruth said she was considering an abortion, he claimed he didn’t care, as he wasn’t the father anyway.

Bernadette remembers being present when Ruth was dealing with the wrath of Scott’s mother, who allegedly admonished Ruth for trying to “ruin [her son's] reputation.”

“I supported her [Ruth] as he [Scott] went from encouraging her to get an abortion, to telling me it was in my best interest to keep my mouth shut, to denying that he was the father and having his own mother call her and tell her to stop erroneously accusing her son of paternity,” Bernadette recounts.

It was a “horrible time” for her friend. “Imagine her being 18 years old and pregnant, walking around Marquette’s Jesuit Catholic campus with her boyfriend denying he was the father,” says Bernadette.

All this was taking place while Walker was running for student body president. As one of his classmates, Dr. Glenn Barry recalled, Walker’s campaign was, “one of the dirtiest in school history.” The student newspaper Marquette Tribune called him “unfit for office” after his campaign was discovered collecting and throwing out copies of their paper that endorsed his opponent. Commenting on the election and Walker’s political career and style at Marquette, he noted, “Walker lost on all counts, but not before destroying a few people’s reputations, and amassing personal power.”

If Bernadette’s story is true, Ruth – and eventually their child – were just a few of the people who got in the way of Walker’s quest for power.
After consulting with her family, Ruth decided against an abortion. Bernadette was with Ruth in the hospital for the birth of her child later that year (and says Walker was not present), and later stood up as a bridesmaid in Ruth’s 1992 marriage to another man. She says Walker eventually had to concede that he was the father, after the birth and paternity test.

Why did Bernadette come forward with this story now?

Dr. Bernadette Gillick is now a college professor at a major Midwestern university. Through her attorney, Mike Fargione, she issued a statement: “It is rare that you will ever hear from me on issues of politics, as I am a firm believer that most politics are local and can be as local as our own kitchen tables. But I’m asking you to consider what I have to share …”
Over the phone, Bernadette recounted how she watched a recent televised debate between Scott Walker and Tom Barrett. As he talked about his “lifelong integrity” her anger grew. This was a man who had abandoned his pregnant young girlfriend — completely turned his back on her at the most fragile point in her life. She notes his “now-convenient ‘pro-life’ proclamations” after burying his past “indiscretion.” Says Bernadette, “I cannot listen to his lies anymore … I cannot dream of how anyone would support such an evil man. Once a man shows that he has no soul, there is nothing more.”
06-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #7
Veteran Member

He may win this recall election, but in the end, I think this might be his undoing.

Madison -- David Shuster, an Emmy Award-winning broadcast news anchor and correspondent for Current TV, based in Washington,D.C, reported last night that lawyers familiar with a Milwaukee criminal corruption probe say Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker is now a "target" of the investigation.

Shuster Reports:

The sources indicate Walker's status was clarified more than a week ago, allegedly following a series of requests by Walker's legal team that prosecutors publicly clear him of any wrong doing before the recall election. Take Action News reached out to Governor Walker's spokesperson for comment on this story and received no response.

Sources say Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker is Now the Target of Corruption Probe | Wisconsin Politics

06-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #8
Inactive Account

FYI, if your side is upset because the state and local budgets are getting balanced without causing human suffering while simultaneously reducing property taxes... You are on the wrong side of the issue.

It reminds me of this web comic:

DOGHOUSE | Who Could Dislike That?
06-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Creative accounting and financing is not balancing the budget

The Walker Administration borrowed $558 million to balance the budget for this past year and a half which nearly matched the full amount borrowed by the Doyle administration over the entire 7 years combined. This report also shows Wisconsinites will pay another $55 million in yearly interest through 2018 before that rate drops slightly.

Also, my property tax didn't go down one cent
06-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
FYI, if your side is upset because the state and local budgets are getting balanced without causing human suffering while simultaneously reducing property taxes... You are on the wrong side of the issue.

It reminds me of this web comic:

DOGHOUSE | Who Could Dislike That?
No mikemike it IS smoke and mirrors accounting.. and the "crippling debt" he "kicked down the road...........

http://bdgrdemocracy.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/lfb-debt-restructuring.pdf
The impact? The state standard for debt-to-revenue ratio is no greater than 4%, with a target debt ratio of 3-3.5% of General Program Revenue. Table 2 in the linked memo shows the debt-to-revenue ratio projections. THIS IS CRITICAL – Debt ratio grows from 2.28% this year, to almost 5% next year. In 2013-2014, it grows to OVER 5%, even with a generous 4% growth in revenue. A debt-to-revenue ratio of over 5% is higher than ANY budget under Jim Doyle. This literally saddles Wisconsin with increased debt AFTER Walker’s term is over.

tread carefully and research more than Jindlisms.........

There is more.. a LOT miore but see he is that tricle down type.. ass-u-ming tax cuts ect will spur buisness and not crush the state as he racks up more debt bonding ect..

I ass-u-me, like proven time and time again it doesn't work..

Of course as to his MO he will declare another fiscal emergency and then take more from the "little people" but why bother w/ understanding fact huh mikemike.....

The June 9, 2011 LFB memo from Rob Reinhardt itemized the long-term consequences of these tax cuts for large corporations and the wealthy. The total LFB projection in lost revenue over ten years – over $2.3 Billion. Yes – BILLION. Most of the revenue loss is due to the changes in Capital Gains and Combined Reporting, benefitting the highest income earners and largest corporations in Wisconsin. Scott Walker will be out of office long before this revenue loss impacts Wisconsin’s children.

http://bdgrdemocracy.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/lfb-revenue-losses1.pdf

BTW: 4% is very optimistic at this point.. but the "magical job creators" will SURELY kick in to help............bwahahahahahahaha
06-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
The Walker Administration borrowed $558 million to balance the budget for this past year and a half which nearly matched the full amount borrowed by the Doyle administration over the entire 7 years combined.
The exact same thing happens every time the cons get into power up here to. Tax cuts and increased debt. The tax cuts and borrow people. Sad thing i, they are buying people's votes with their own money, the tax payer will pay the debt, not the Republicans. People who vote Republican don't care. Irresponsible lying people vote for irresponsible lying politicians.

The secret goal of the Republicans and Conservatives in Canada is to put the government under so much stress it collapses. They think that would be better for them. As the country descends into a chaos of private armies and warlords that will make Somolia look like a picnic, every self serving ego-maniac is lining up to vote Republican. What ever evil comes of this will be the Democrats fault you can be sure.
06-04-2012, 05:36 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Why am I not surprised at the debt + slash approach, the very thing that keeps the country from ever recovering... The supply side virus needs to be squashed.

On a related note, the jobs numbers came in poor. Gee I wonder why? A. government jobs are being cut, B. the big corporations are not hiring, and will not be hiring, due to their version of the Republican economics (slash jobs + more aggressive amortization = internal conditions that make it impossible to both grow and show that quarterly profit)...
06-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #13
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by larryinlc Quote
He may win this recall election, but in the end, I think this might be his undoing.
I would expect that if he wins it will be perceived as a green light for even more reforms such as taking the next step and passing a "right to work" law, privatizing medicaid, or making it easier to setup charter schools and displace traditional public schools.
06-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
I would expect that if he wins it will be perceived as a green light for even more reforms such as taking the next step and passing a "right to work" law, privatizing medicaid, or making it easier to setup charter schools and displace traditional public schools.
Well there is the "john doe" thingy.. AND balance of power in the Leg. to consider..
Even if he wins and if the Senate control flips.. it will be a victory.. possibly short lived since the Assembly is up for a full redo in Nov..

Hopefully Walker will end up a bad footnote in WI.. YOU can have him...
Wis Republican State Senator Dale Schultz Rips Into Walker, Calls Union-Busting "Classic Overreach"
06-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #15
Veteran Member

And here I thought Fox couldn't get any stupider..

Why Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker will win big on Tuesday | Fox News

QuoteQuote:
Unions will lose big and Wisconsin's Republican Governor Scott Walker will win big this Tuesday in Wisconsin. Here’s why.

Government employee unions are a real threat to national security, far worse than the unproven fraud called global warming. Government employee pensions threaten our children’s future. They will destroy the American Dream and wipe away our quality of life. America is doomed to follow Europe off the cliff, if we don’t dramatically reform public pensions…today.

Here in my hometown of Las Vegas, we have some of the most clueless, delusional union members in the country. A recent Letter to the Editor to the Las Vegas Review Journal sums up the reason why unions will lose big on Tuesday in Wisconsin. The letter writer decided to comment on all the letters attacking unions in recent days -- including complaints about their bloated salaries and obscene pensions.
Read more: Why Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker will win big on Tuesday | Fox News
QuoteQuote:
The cold, hard truth is that America is bankrupt, broke, and insolvent. Just like Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Ireland, Belgium, France…and soon add UK to the list. Europe is facing an economic Armageddon that will go down in history as “the Big One.”

Why?

Because the European countries have too many government employees, let them retire too early, give them bloated pensions for more years than the employee actually worked, and of course they all get free health care for life. Unions killed the EU. It’s all over for them. The question is can America still be saved?
Closed Thread