Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-05-2012, 11:34 PM - 1 Like   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Video of Venus in Transit

I shot this today using my K-5 and a Pentax 1000mm reflex (the built-in filters were a life-saver as my normal ND and IR filters didn't fit the lens). About halfway in you can see an airplane pass in front of the Sun as well!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-06-2012, 05:43 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Neat video. Thanks for posting. I hauled out my old Jason telescope and set it up. Haven't used it in over 25 years. Projected the image onto the screen attachment for solar viewing and let whatever neighborhood kids or adults wanted to watch. A few of my neighbors did tick me off. I could not understand why they wouldn't let me tear down their houses and burn the woods behind so that I could extend my viewing time.