Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
Veteran Member

forum etiquette on pictures?

hellow pentax forum

i'm looking around the rules and i cant really seem to find anything in specific.
i'm wondering if theres a number of pictures we can put up in a thread here?

i ask because i went to a 3 week long trip to Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
in saudi i took about 400 pictures, and in turkey i took over 2000.
obviously i wont upload all of them here. but i took all of the pics and the 50 videos using my pentax K-x and most of the pictures turned out AMAZING.

so on other forums, i've already posted some of the pics and videos, but i wanted to share em with you guys too.

and also, while i was on the trip, i came across a fewother people that were using my camera too. and odd still, they all had it in the same color that i did which was white.

thanks,

let me know

hadi

06-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It would probably be best to set up an account on flickr or photo bucket and upload most of the pictures there. Then post a few here with a link back to the set on the host.

This works better because you have a limited amount of storage on this site. I'm not sure, but I think there is still unlimited storage at Camera-Enthusiast.com

Camera Forum and Photo News Blog - Camera-Enthusiast.com
06-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You're welcome to create albums here on PentaxForums.

PentaxForums.com - Member Photo Albums

It then becomes very easy to link from a post in a thread to an image in the album since the links to use are available below your photos in the album.
06-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have 8 threads going at the moment with about 100 pix each :-). But they are all linked images, no storage.

06-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
well yes, sorry i should have clarified. i am uploading the pictures onto facebook, then using their URL link to put em on the other forums.
so i'm wondering if theres a limit or something.

and though i've been on the forum for a while, i hardly ever hang around here, so i'm not sure if people are even interested in Turkey or Saudi.

and i'm also using the pics to create a type of travel-blog, just pictures and my thoughts and experience there...
06-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I suspect a few of us would be interested in Turkey and Saudi.

I'm not sure how the Facebook thing works with this sites scripts. Fickr embeds work just fine. Suggested maximum width for this site is 1000px.

Post a few.
06-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
and should i post em in the 'general talk' section or in the 'post your picture' section as there is a lot of typed up stuff on it too

06-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hadi Quote
and should i post em in the 'general talk' section or in the 'post your picture' section as there is a lot of typed up stuff on it too

Unless you want to select a specific camera or lens sub-forum to post them in, I would think Post your photos! - PentaxForums.com would be your best choice.

You may wish to group them in more than one post by country or subject. The mods here are all friendly if you make a mistake they will just move it for you and maybe send you a note. Spammers are the only members they are harsh with.
06-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #9
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A link to the blog with perhaps a few selected photos linked onto your post might be a good idea. Look forward to seeing these pics.
06-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #10
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
A link to the blog with perhaps a few selected photos linked onto your post might be a good idea. Look forward to seeing these pics.
Yeah, how does that work? I am rebuilding my blog, posted it in my introduction, and it was removed by a moderator for spam, so I don't really know how I can link because I'm essentially putting everything on my blog over time. It's not a big deal about following the rules, but it's kind of hard to figure out what's allowed and what's not.
06-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #11
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You have put your blog as a link in the signature. This is permitted as you can see for yourself. Letting people know of your linked blog in your signature is OK.
06-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
nothing odd about people in saudi arabia owning white dslrs. the black ones melt.
06-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maltfalc Quote
nothing odd about people in saudi arabia owning white dslrs. the black ones melt.
well, white k-x in turky too :P

okie, i'll post a few handful of pics here and let you guys see the others from there on.

thanks for the help folks!!!
06-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #14
Banned

Ok, so like now, I put up a new post in my blog, but it's got 50+ pics in the entry. How do I handle that? Posting the hotlinks to the forum might be very difficult, plus not the best for viewing and bandwidth concerns.

So can I just make one thread and bump it with a new entry notification, or what?
06-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snake Quote
Ok, so like now, I put up a new post in my blog, but it's got 50+ pics in the entry. How do I handle that? Posting the hotlinks to the forum might be very difficult, plus not the best for viewing and bandwidth concerns.

So can I just make one thread and bump it with a new entry notification, or what?

You are allowed to upload a limited amount of images to this form. You may also choose to use a photo service like Flickr. You can hotlink to your own images but it does burn bandwidth.

I agree that 50 pix in one post is way too many. Start a thread, post a few and then add more posts/images if you like.

This is just my personal attempt to help you; follow advice from any mod before you follow mine.