Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yet Another Broken Tessar: Can't remove aperture selector?

Can You??

QuoteQuote:
My example is the tiny 1950's (serial 4716620) f2.8 50m

Everything was stuck solid, so i followed the usually guides,

Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50mm f2.8 (M42 mount) Servicing
Carl Zeiss Jena Lenses

But I find I'm still stuck getting the aperture out so I can clean the control blades etc etc The back and front name plate has been no worries (after I cut a plug up for the name plate)

Sorry if this has been asked numerous times, the search function within this site is a little hit and miss, and I've run out of queries to pump into google

Attached is as far as I have come in disassemble

The red white balance is to help express the hell and frustration i find myself in :P. Just how do i get the rest of the body apart to service the aperture blades and control?

Any hints of shoves in the right direction will be greeted with joys and exuberance!
Was what I posted Yet Another Broken Tessar: Can't remove aperture selector?

You'd these guys would know a thing or too :P

More annoyingly, I cant believe that these little old lenses are without much documentation now (and that I cant work how to get in to it ) Sadly I can't wait to play with it. heaps of aperture blades, a decent depth to the front element should make it ok without a hood. The thing is not a great deal larger then the crazy small industar 50! .. actually maybe a single cm longer... or two. Anyways... Does anyone here remember playing with a late 50's (serial number put its around 1958) Carl Ziess Tessar ops: Particularly, how to remove the aperture selector control.

If i didn't have a K10, I wouldn't care so much, but I do, so I do :P Because to all that has matted a shiny piece of metal up against the black body of any of the pentax digital's know. It just looks freeking hot :P

But seriously, anyone here had a crack at servicing an early Tessar?

Last edited by tromboads; 06-17-2012 at 06:54 PM.