Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hrm. Leica thread mount is M39: if it's a little bigger, that's probably Miranda screw mount, M44. (Which carried over in their bodies well after they made a bayonet mount, )

It could also fit some Novoflex accessories, but I'm not sure of my memory there.

06-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Hrm. Leica thread mount is M39: if it's a little bigger, that's probably Miranda screw mount, M44. (Which carried over in their bodies well after they made a bayonet mount, )

It could also fit some Novoflex accessories, but I'm not sure of my memory there.
Thanks for that input. I actually ran across a mention of that adapter last night, thought maybe? That would make sense in terms of the "M" part of things but I haven't been able to find a pic of that adapter yet to compare. I've spend a fair bit of time trying to figure this one out. I've been really busy today, cleaning for the company, and haven't had any time to take more pics but I want to post a macro type photo of the thing with the thread more visible. Maybe someone will recognize it if they can see it a bit better. It's not the Leica though. I found pics of that, not even close. I'd wonder what the Miranda adapter was doing with these cameras though. One M42 mount, one K? Could be there was a third Miranda thread camera and they just split it from the lot? If so I feel sorry for the person who got that one. It would have been nice them having that adapter.

I do need to find out what it is and if it's worth anything though. If I can't use it then it's going. I'm doing a major thin out in a week or so here. I'm going to be listing a lot of stuff on CL including at least one K1000 and an SP/SPII combo. I'm seriously thinking of selling off my Yashica gear, all of it too. I love the FRI but those cameras and the Yashica lenses are really increasing in value of late and it might be a good time to do it, get back to an all Pentax kit. I've got a whole kit of Minolta, a Canon, and some Nikon stuff too. Way too many cameras and lenses I'm not using enough to be sitting on them. I've got like a dozen bodies of just Pentax, most of which are not getting used. It's a waste and I really need the money for other stuff. I really want to start a fund in the kitty bank for a K30. I'm very serious about getting one in a bit and I have to come up with $850 just to grab a body so....