Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 609 Likes Search this Thread
06-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey Ron-

I've been to only one Concours and that was in Palo Alto last June - I was in heaven. I'll risk banishment and post a few from that event. The last two aren't worthy of a Concours, but I sure enjoy driving 'em. All these photos have appeared at various times in the Post Your Photos section.

Jer

06-22-2012, 05:50 PM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
Thanks to Magkelly (a restored Beetle sounds great!) Tonto, Ratmagiclady (what car is that? I don't recognize the interior), Kaufeetime- great photos, especially the last Mopar shot- and Jer, you would have loved the show two weeks ago, Concours de' Elegance (spelling???) rare and exotic cars, hundreds of' em. They had judges crawling all over the cars, handing out ribbons and plaques for the best ones. I took my K10D and K-7, nearly 800 photos, ran out the battery in the K-7. One of the best shows I've seen.
Thanks again for all the support, this has turned into a fun thread!
Ron
You've inspired me to keep an eye out for any Vette events in Sydney as it will be a fair while till I'll have one of my own to shoot
06-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Here's one of mine.

I need to get some more recent images, but want to clean the car up first (unfortunately the front bar is scuffed up from an incident with a VW Tiguan)

Also, do feel free to critique both photo and car.
Opinions always help with future learning.

Last edited by hks_kansei; 06-22-2012 at 08:57 PM.
06-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Group Shots

Hello Jer, Nice photos! That's quite a site you have there, looks huge. I think the last 2 shots fit this thread just fine. Keep' em coming.
Hi Tonto, I'll look for some Corvette shots, there were several classics at the Concours Event. Last year at a show they had 'Vettes lined up, one of every production year. THAT was impressive!
Hks Kansei, nice shot! Thanks for posting.
Here's my last 5 (well, maybe, there's another show coming in July!) and this time it's group shots.
Ron

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K110D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
06-23-2012, 05:48 PM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ratmagiclady (what car is that? I don't recognize the interior), Ron

That... is da Duster. Story behind that one, certainly no concours restoration, but I yaknow, special to me.

I guess first in a long line of beaters I returned/improved to relative coolness. I've always been of the theory that probably most vehicles I can get hold of might have problems, so I may as well pick something lovable.

(seeing more pretties) Ooh, I love the mint-green Boss 302.
06-23-2012, 06:33 PM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Those BelAir's are special and the Hertz Shelbys, but what's that last Ron, a Jag XK120 Coupe? I'm in lust!!
06-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Most of my shots are street captures and have been seen in other threads in post your photos or the trains and boats and planes thread in mini-challenges. On the basis that there are people here that don't visit those places, a sample:

Not a real RUF, but a pretty nice conversion none-the-less

T-Bird rag-top detail

Chev Banana

CarLust I

CarLust II (458 Italia)

Hmm. I wonder why I blank out some number plates and not others.

Noddy's car

Richard.

06-24-2012, 12:47 AM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh no! I did a car post without a Saab. That has to be corrected.

Check out the massive 3 cylinder, two-stroke engine.

This is a sort-of Saab. It has Saab badges when racing. But it has a 6L Chev racing engine (under the yellow blanket with the stripes) and the body is carbon fibre over a tubular space frame. It goes

A 1989 900 Aero (SPG in the USA). Manual, of course. It's only done 310,000km. Taken from inside my local butcher's shop (he's a keen photographer) when I was showing him my new K-5.

The red one.

OK. Now I feel better.

Richard.

Last edited by RichardS; 06-24-2012 at 12:55 AM.
06-24-2012, 03:49 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
More Great Photos

Hello RichardS, Thanks for posting those. I like the idea of "Street" car shots, there's been several times I've wished for a camera while I'm driving!
Monochrome, Yep, XK120, British racing green, no less. Some interesting facts here;
Jaguar XK120 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ron
06-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Monochrome, Yep, XK120, British racing green, no less. Some interesting facts here;
Jaguar XK120 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ron
Hey, my Barbie had one of those. A roadster, though. British Racing green, no less. (Picture my older sister trying to barb-ify me, so I come home from some yard sale or something with *that,* she was like, 'Stop putting Ken's clothes on Skipper and Barbara Bain from Space: 1999! ' (Kind of a portent of things to come, now that I think of it. I dunno. I tried. A little. )
06-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm going to visit my brother Dean in Pittsburgh in late July, the visit to center on the Vintage Grand Prix the weekend of July 21 and 22. Check the url for more details: Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix | Presented by Shop 'n Save For gearheads and photographers this is an amazing event. The roads in Schenley park are closed off for the races, where amateurs, talented and otherwise, slug it out in what looks like a pretty challenging road course. Classes for the races run from 120 Jags and their contemporaries, to open wheel formula cars, to classic Datsun 510s and many, many other vehicles.

I've been twice before and burned a lot of film with my LX. My Flickr shows a fine Hudson convertible shot with a 19mm Vivitar on C-41. This time I'll take the K10d with a lot of cards, and my ME-Super to allow use of the 19mm. The LX needs repair, sadly.

So, if you're at the event that weekend, watch for an Old F*** with Pentax film and digital gear. Hope to see you.
06-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello Jer, Nice photos! That's quite a site you have there, looks huge. I think the last 2 shots fit this thread just fine. Keep' em coming.
Hi Tonto, I'll look for some Corvette shots, there were several classics at the Concours Event. Last year at a show they had 'Vettes lined up, one of every production year. THAT was impressive!
Hks Kansei, nice shot! Thanks for posting.
Here's my last 5 (well, maybe, there's another show coming in July!) and this time it's group shots.
Ron
Ron, I dig these last 5 - I think you have access to better shows than I do.

Jer
06-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
Most of my shots are street captures and have been seen in other threads in post your photos or the trains and boats and planes thread in mini-challenges. On the basis that there are people here that don't visit those places, a sample:

Richard.
QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
Oh no! I did a car post without a Saab. That has to be corrected.

Check out the massive 3 cylinder, two-stroke engine.

This is a sort-of Saab. It has Saab badges when racing. But it has a 6L Chev racing engine (under the yellow blanket with the stripes) and the body is carbon fibre over a tubular space frame. It goes

A 1989 900 Aero (SPG in the USA). Manual, of course. It's only done 310,000km. Taken from inside my local butcher's shop (he's a keen photographer) when I was showing him my new K-5.

The red one.

OK. Now I feel better.

Richard.
Hey Richard, these are great photos of cars - as we chemists would say - in situ. I love that red on your new car.

Jer
06-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Car Shows

Hi Jer,

"Ron, I dig these last 5 - I think you have access to better shows than I do."

Well, we're pretty lucky here, lots of classic car buffs around!
There's a Classic Car Council (CCC) that organizes the shows and cruises so they don't overlap. I check it before every weekend, especially in the Summer.
The best one for photos is the Golden Cruise, the first Saturday of each month, May to October. They start off the first one with a car show + Cruise, at the Colorado School Of Mines.
They cruise up + down Old South Golden Road, from late afternoon to 8:00 or 9:00pm. Every parking lot is full of Detroit Iron, plus some imports. And these guys love to gab about their cars, explain the restoration, talk about how it runs, the good old days, etc. Thousands of spectators in lawn chairs wave to the cruisers, it's a big family event.
Last month got rained out, so I expect a good turnout for July. 2 camera bodies and most of my lenses, I'll need a helper to haul my gear!
I'll post a few here when I get done...
I had a thread going for the first Spring Cruise, maybe I can find it.
Ron
06-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #30
Pentaxian

1958 Chevy Impala