Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 609 Likes Search this Thread
03-31-2017, 10:38 AM   #1816
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I want to know what the rear brake drum is on. Front wheel drive, five lugs. My guess is a Dodge Caravan.

I took this in St. Petersburg, FL last month. It was interesting to walk around the car and see it from all angles. The 2+2 body is not quite as nice from every angle as the roadster. I think it's a 74 or 75. If this were my car, I would seriously look into reworking all the US lights and bumper stuff so they were better integrated.

03-31-2017, 02:00 PM   #1817
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
Thanks, Jer. This XJS has had a bit more than 50HP added The red and the triple pipes caught my eye. A lot of work has been done to eliminate the issues that caused problems with these engines. About 450 HP at the flywheel.

Regards,
Richard.
Hey, Richard, I ordinarily wouldn't think of an XJS as a hot rod, but after seeing this one, I'll have to think again.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Super shots guys - love the little Jag Special! In keeping with the "red" theme, here's a '59 Corvette seen at a local car show last Fall.
Paul, great shot of a classy looking Corvette.

Jer

---------- Post added 03-31-2017 at 06:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey, Richard, I ordinarily wouldn't think of an XJS as a hot rod, but after seeing this one, I'll have to think again.

Jer

Paul, great shot of a classy looking Corvette.

Jer
Speaking of red - here are some shots of a late-'80s, 930 series 911 Turbo. I posted these earlier on another section of the forum, so forgive me if you've already seen 'em.

Jer

03-31-2017, 03:49 PM - 1 Like   #1818
Pentaxian

Posted in the B&W thread but fits here as well - K3 & DA70Ltd F5 1/500sec ISO100 Processed with Silver FX (apologies if seen before)

03-31-2017, 04:52 PM   #1819
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
Posted in the B&W thread but fits here as well - K3 & DA70Ltd F5 1/500sec ISO100 Processed with Silver FX (apologies if seen before)
Exceptional, Arjay - I like this shot very much.

Jer

03-31-2017, 05:57 PM   #1820
Pentaxian

Exceptional, Arjay - I like this shot very much
Thank you Jer.
I thought of you last weekend when I saw the vehicle and took the shot. I was visiting my son and family and went to their friends house for a child's party. This vehicle was parked in full sun in the driveway behind the jumping castle. Vehicle colour is that metallic medium grey blue Porche colour.
04-01-2017, 01:08 AM   #1821
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Jer
Jer, I think that the 930 wins the red stakes, but only for the moment. Signal Red? I'll find some more red

My mate, Barry, has been driving 911s for many years. He had a 930 from new. We used to talk cars and other important stuff, like being financially free, etc., while riding our bikes around the local velodrome. I think that we started around 2001. I remember him saying that the 930 was not a good daily driver. It was too hard core. But it was fun once you got away from houses and speed limits. A magnificent car. We were still talking about very important stuff when I visited Melbourne in November 2016 and caught up with him. He was about to trade in his almost three-year-old Carrera S for a new one because the warranty was running out. He loves his Porsches

Regards,
Richard.
04-02-2017, 06:53 AM - 1 Like   #1822
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Jer, I think that the 930 wins the red stakes, but only for the moment. Signal Red? I'll find some more red

My mate, Barry, has been driving 911s for many years. He had a 930 from new. We used to talk cars and other important stuff, like being financially free, etc., while riding our bikes around the local velodrome. I think that we started around 2001. I remember him saying that the 930 was not a good daily driver. It was too hard core. But it was fun once you got away from houses and speed limits. A magnificent car. We were still talking about very important stuff when I visited Melbourne in November 2016 and caught up with him. He was about to trade in his almost three-year-old Carrera S for a new one because the warranty was running out. He loves his Porsches

Regards,
Richard.
Hey Richard - sounds like Barry is even more addicted to Porsches than I am . . . . . and I've become a true believer.

It's interesting that the 930 was often referred to as the Widow Maker, given that power came on in a rush that could ambush the unwary. I've never driven one so I've no first-hand experience as does Barry.

I took a number of pictures at the Porsche concours I attended a few weeks ago; here are some favorites of mine that you might enjoy if you haven't seen them already (I posted most of 'em in other sections of the Forum earlier).

Jer

04-02-2017, 05:01 PM   #1823
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for all those Porsches, Jer. Nostalgia time.

Regards,
Richard.
04-03-2017, 01:11 AM   #1824
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A PS to the Porsches, Jer. The benefits of living in Nelson Bay are many, but they don't include the quality of internet access. This morning I had 12Mbs on my ADSL2 service, but the available bandwidth was around 15Kbps. I got the page, but I gave up trying to refresh it after my comment when it died after 15 minutes. The ISP can say that it's providing the speed that they advertise, but that speed is only from end user to their server. YouTube gives 13Mbps, but Flickr gives < 2kbps with an occasional burst of 120kbps lasting < 1 second. They haven't bought enough bandwidth to service their customers. So I don't know whether or not my comments got through. I wanted to post a shot of Horst's 356SC, but that's stored on SmugMug and the logon screen times out before it opens.

Looks like I have to go to my mobile broadband. I can get > 80Mbps, but the cost of data is huge.

Ah well. The view is great and the climate is mostly wonderful.

Regards,
Richard.
04-03-2017, 01:06 PM   #1825
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for all those Porsches, Jer. Nostalgia time.

Regards,
Richard.
Glad you liked 'em, buddy.

Jer

A PS to the Porsches, Jer. The benefits of living in Nelson Bay are many, but they don't include the quality of internet access. This morning I had 12Mbs on my ADSL2 service, but the available bandwidth was around 15Kbps. I got the page, but I gave up trying to refresh it after my comment when it died after 15 minutes. The ISP can say that it's providing the speed that they advertise, but that speed is only from end user to their server. YouTube gives 13Mbps, but Flickr gives < 2kbps with an occasional burst of 120kbps lasting < 1 second. They haven't bought enough bandwidth to service their customers. So I don't know whether or not my comments got through. I wanted to post a shot of Horst's 356SC, but that's stored on SmugMug and the logon screen times out before it opens.

Looks like I have to go to my mobile broadband. I can get > 80Mbps, but the cost of data is huge.

Ah well. The view is great and the climate is mostly wonderful.

Regards,
Richard.
My friend, from what you've described in earlier posts, Nelson Bay is terrific. Slow internet sounds like a small price to pay. I'm looking forward to seeing the 356 SC.

Jer
04-04-2017, 04:53 AM   #1826
Veteran Member

Red? I'm liking the taupe XKE coupe and the 356 coupe. Also I don't remember ever seeing a cocoa-brown 911 before.
04-12-2017, 07:59 PM   #1827
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Speaking of red . . . . . . . . I just bought a 50-dollar ticket in the Porsche Club of America's spring raffle which is offering a new 911 GT3 as the prize. Wish me luck.

Jer

04-13-2017, 08:15 AM - 2 Likes   #1828
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe you can get the Rangers to look the other way for a little drive in the Hill Country. I got off I-10 at Comfort instead of Junction while heading to Eden. That is a beautiful drive.

Last edited by wtlwdwgn; 04-13-2017 at 08:21 AM.
04-13-2017, 09:48 AM - 1 Like   #1829
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Speaking of red . . . . . . . . I just bought a 50-dollar ticket in the Porsche Club of America's spring raffle which is offering a new 911 GT3 as the prize. Wish me luck.

Jer

New Porsche 911 GT3 exclusive. Welcome back manual GT3 - YouTube
Good luck Jer.
04-13-2017, 11:14 AM   #1830
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Maybe you can get the Rangers to look the other way for a little drive in the Hill Country. I got off I-10 at Comfort instead of Junction while heading to Eden. That is a beautiful drive.
Sounds like a plan, Steve. I gotta get my Carrera over to Hill Country and enjoy those roads; after all, I might not win that GT3.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Good luck Jer.
Thanks, buddy.

Jer