Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #31
Banned

Photos: Albums
A second version of The Spy Factory is in the workd presently.

But let me first enlighten everyoneone about some ofht evolumes of content on the original - The Spy Factory.

In it a retired senior FBI agent shows in black and white (eerrr types documents) how the NSA was tracking a majority of the claimed terrorits for many months. How some of the terrorists stayed at places such as in the very neighborhood as the NSA; or how some of them had reservations (many times) to a hotel at about the location of the WTC. There's also the thing where a good portion of them were learning to be pilots.

No need for anyone outside of the NSA to be concerned about that one though. Because after all; each any every single one of the terrorists had direct phone conversations with Osama Bin Laden. Think that all might raise just one single red flag??

As usual; the united states federal government can't seem to get much at all right. It's so bad I can't help but think of items like Katrina

06-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm reminded that I haven't yet read Confederacy of Dunces...
but a quick google of Conspiracy of Dunces reveals these blasts from the past:
A CONSPIRACY OF DUNCES - TIME
QuoteQuote:
In the late 1970s, David Byrne wrote a faux be-happy song titled Don't Worry 'Bout the Government. Today few would appreciate the irony, since worrying about the government has become a kind of grim national obsession-it's what Americans seem to do best, or at least loudest. At its extreme, this anxiety is expressed in the now famous conspiracy theories held dear by some right-wing militia members-namely, that the U.S. government has a secret plan calling for United Nations troops to take over America. Coded markers are being placed on the backs of road signs so that the Blue Helmets will know...
06-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
How much money do you get paid to frequent websites to post such ridiculous statements that Obama is a moderate democrat?
Really...you want to go there? I assure you I get paid no money for having a realistic political opinion.

All presidents have their closet monsters. I agree that Operation Fast & Furious constituted very poor judgement. The goal of the operation was noble (to track guns to the source of the crime), but it was still a terrible idea in general and terribly executed. I would like to know what personal involvement Obama had in this one.

As for Solyndra; democrats generally favor giving government help to companies that promise green energy (particularly those who have novel ideas). Obviously some will succeed and some will fail (hopefully most will succeed). Whether you agree or disagree with with providing private companies with government assistance, it is normal democrat policy.

As for the kill list, it actually makes sense to me. Each operation caries not only military risk, but political risk, foreign relations risk, and has the potential to increase the recruitment of terrorists. I think Obama realizes that he owns the effects of these decisions, and thus want to have the final word (I say final word, because it seems as if those on the list would already be military targets if Obama was not micromanaging). I am personally against the war, so a bit unhappy about the kill list, but it makes sense to me.

My big point is that all presidents have their closet monsters. I think it goes with the level of power and responsibility they are given (i.e. special interests have a loud and compelling voice, and the president cannot micromanage everything). Clinton had them, Bush had them, I am sure Reagen had them, and Obama has them. Are Obama's any worse than the others? I don't think they are (or at least not significantly worse). I don't think Obama is the best president ever, and I don't think he is the worse president ever. Would Romney do better if elected? Perhaps or perhaps not (I don't really know). However, I do know that Romney would eventually develop his own list of closet monsters.

So, unless the presidents that came before him are also "utter incompetent frauds and serial liars," I do not believe he deserves that title. I also do not believe he deserves the title of "neo-marxist ideologue," as he has not governed using Marxist policies. Obama is a moderate democrat; nothing less, and nothing more.

Last edited by kswier; 06-22-2012 at 08:01 PM.
06-23-2012, 08:58 AM - 1 Like   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That was not an isolated incident. On Sept. 13, 1996, while on the golf course with his lawyer friend Vernon Jordan, President Clinton had refused to take repeated urgent phone calls from Berger, who needed the president’s approval for air strikes on Iraq. Patterson wrote: “Pilots were in the cockpits, waiting to launch, targets were identified, everything was in place, all [Berger] needed was the go-ahead.”

Bin Laden Lived To Fight Another Day--Thanks To Bill Clinton - Forbes

06-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #35
Banned

Photos: Albums
Excellent reference Jack.

Along with that reference there were some nine other itmes in which Osama Bin Laden could have been taken out easily. And even in the months before 9/11 - both the FBI and NSA had in fact documented and even tracked every single one of the claimed terrorist involved in 9/11 and done next to nothing with it.

Just remember people; that the united states government is supposed to exist to actually serve the citizens of it's country while being "financed" with american taxayer money. But then again; the same government is also supposed to generally protect america
Closed Thread