Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
For the Truthers

New CIA Docs Show Bush Ignored Seven Different Warnings About Imminent Attacks | Crooks and Liars

06-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

"Perhaps most damning are the documents showing that the CIA had bin Laden in its cross hairs a full year before 9/11"

Ummmm so that would have been under CLINTON's watch. Why are these serious journalists trying to put blame on Bush?
06-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

How many resources and how much urgency do you put toward chasing one man or organization who is trash talking your country? What should our tolerance be? Should we go after every individual who threatens the United States?

Everything is clear in hindsight. It is always easy to dig up information that people should have seen before. It is much harder to decide where to allocate resources to prevent an attack from occurring.
06-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
al-Qaeda had established itself as the biggest threat outside the US. Bush decided it was more important to go after obscenity.

06-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
Veteran Member

boriscleto this is all you have got?

Dredging up the mistakes of the Clinton Administration and the disaster he created that lead us to 9/11 is not the way to divert attention away from the fact the country is now in serious trouble because there is a complete and utter incompetent fraud and serial liar in the White House by the name of Barack Obama. We have a lawless and racist Attorney General that is doing every thing he can to protect the calamity that is taking place in the oval office.

Your tact is to bring up the failures of the Clinton Administration.
06-21-2012, 03:53 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
the country is now in serious trouble because there is a complete and utter incompetent fraud and serial liar in the White House by the name of Barack Obama
Please explain.

I can understand those that disagree with many of Obama's policies, but I think calling him an "utter incompetent fraud and serial liar" is a bit over the top. Obama is a moderate democrat. Nothing less, and nothing more.
06-21-2012, 05:21 AM   #7
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kswier Quote
Everything is clear in hindsight
There were numerous people that were involved in the 9/11 plot that had been under quite close NSA watch for well over one year. But please don't take my word for it on this one; simply watch The Spy Factory - it's a free watch on PBS and Hulu. It shows literally how all of the terrorists operated with in plain site here in america - six of them even learning to fly on private aircraft. The NSA also knew where Bin Laden was up to the day before 9/11, all of his telephone numbers, etc... But didn't do much with the information - including sharing it with the FBI.

But then again this is the same NSA that isn't mentioned much at all in the entire 9/11 commission report. Wonder why that is??

06-21-2012, 06:30 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
"Perhaps most damning are the documents showing that the CIA had bin Laden in its cross hairs a full year before 9/11"

Ummmm so that would have been under CLINTON's watch. Why are these serious journalists trying to put blame on Bush?
Perhaps because that time period would be 3 months of a lame-duck Clinton presidency and 9 months of a Bush presidency? Actually, journalists have noted missed opportunities by both presidents. Osama bin Laden: missed opportunities - NBCNightlyNews - msnbc.com As I recall, Clinton had in fact taken a shot at Bin Laden and tried to come up with a legal rationale, which is more than his successor had attempted before 9/11. Report: Clinton Targeted Bin Laden - CBS News
06-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
al-Qaeda had established itself as the biggest threat outside the US. Bush decided it was more important to go after obscenity.
I would agree with you if you are saying that President Bush was a bit asleep at the wheel, but if this "truther" thing means 9/11 was an inside job, then no. Pres. George W. Bush was a talented politician who had a record of not really enjoying the process of governing, even back in Texas. I may be wrong, but it makes more sense to me that it simply took him 9 months in office to get down to business, and that turned out to be 9 months we didn't really have.
06-21-2012, 06:43 AM   #10
Banned

The fat butt GOP couch potatoes said Clinton was going after Bin Laden to get Monica off the front page.
06-21-2012, 06:58 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
I would agree with you if you are saying that President Bush was a bit asleep at the wheel, but if this "truther" thing means 9/11 was an inside job, then no. Pres. George W. Bush was a talented politician who had a record of not really enjoying the process of governing, even back in Texas. I may be wrong, but it makes more sense to me that it simply took him 9 months in office to get down to business, and that turned out to be 9 months we didn't really have.
I'm not saying the truther conspiracy is right at all. Quite the opposite. What is really galling about this whole episode is that we had Bin Laden dead to rights. He was in the cross hairs and nothing was done. Because nothing happens in this country from the first Tuesday after the first Sunday in November until some point after January 20th every four years. Even when an incumbent is reelected there is a transition from first term to second term.

In this case you had a new President get elected and then take a nine month vacation. He essentially dismantled all the work done by the previous administration on counter-terrorism, which wasn't nearly enough anyway, and divert the resources to social issues to please his religious base.
06-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
In this case you had a new President get elected and then take a nine month vacation. He essentially dismantled all the work done by the previous administration on counter-terrorism, which wasn't nearly enough anyway, and divert the resources to social issues to please his religious base.
Evidence is that this was NOT the case with Obama, whose team hit the road running. With Bush II, it seems to me the neo-cons + corporate interests proceeded to re-make the world according to their theories.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
utter incompetent fraud and serial liar in the White House by the name of Barack Obama.
I thought you might say 'serial killer'?
06-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Evidence is that this was NOT the case with Obama, whose team hit the road running. .
Yep through all 57 states.
06-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Perhaps because that time period would be 3 months of a lame-duck Clinton presidency and 9 months of a Bush presidency? Actually, journalists have noted missed opportunities by both presidents. Osama bin Laden: missed opportunities - NBCNightlyNews - msnbc.com As I recall, Clinton had in fact taken a shot at Bin Laden and tried to come up with a legal rationale, which is more than his successor had attempted before 9/11. Report: Clinton Targeted Bin Laden - CBS News
or pehaps because the "Truthers" are a bunch of nut jobs and publicity hounds.
06-21-2012, 07:34 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Yep through all 57 states.
At least they did not misunderestimate the job.
Closed Thread