Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
That's why I will ONLY correspond with a buyer through eBay and PP official systems. That way the officials can look at the correspondence on their own system to verify that I followed the protocols. Sometimes things happen in folks lives, sometime people make mistakes, file the correct dispute, cancel the transaction and move on. A week lost can not be recovered no matter how much we moan and groan about it - I know, I've tried
you do get the reverse happening as well. I pay as soon as i have won (well the next morning since most end while i am sleeping) on a recent one i sent a couple of when is it shipping queries but it took the threat of reporting it to get a response. hell i realise you can't always ship right away depending on where you live but all it takes is a quick note explaining when it will ship to shut me up. communication is a 2 way thing.

07-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
That's why I will ONLY correspond with a buyer through eBay and PP official systems. That way the officials can look at the correspondence on their own system to verify that I followed the protocols. Sometimes things happen in folks lives, sometime people make mistakes, file the correct dispute, cancel the transaction and move on. A week lost can not be recovered no matter how much we moan and groan about it - I know, I've tried
Yeah, it sucks, but I'll live. I've had so many good transactions both ways on this forum(only one bad). Starting out on eBay has been a very negative experience for selling. I am going to set this auction up as a BIN next go around. It's the only way I've had a smooth sale so far. It kind of scares me, as I move away from pure Pentax equipment, I need to find a good place to sell my stuff.
07-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
you do get the reverse happening as well. I pay as soon as i have won (well the next morning since most end while i am sleeping) on a recent one i sent a couple of when is it shipping queries but it took the threat of reporting it to get a response. hell i realise you can't always ship right away depending on where you live but all it takes is a quick note explaining when it will ship to shut me up. communication is a 2 way thing.
No disagreement here. I bought a high-end used watch online (my other hobby) from a seller that had sold 12+ higher-end watches with 100% positive feedback. The pictures were clear and seemed detailed. The description indicated it was worn but in top shape. Got the thing and it had huge gouges out of the bracelet, dings in the bezel, etc. In reviewing the online photos the seller had VERY carefully arranged to photo the watch from EVERY angle that hid those two areas while still giving the impression that the whole watch was seen - even to the point of one photo being reversed to mislead the buyer into thinking they had seen the other side of the bracelet.

I communicated ONLY through PP's system with the seller. He tried to contact me dozens of times via regular email. I just cut and pasted his rants into my PP system replies to him. PP found in my favor despite his "perfect" records, etc., etc., etc.

Some people have bad things happen in their lives and we just need to move on, others are just bad people who happen to others. Document, document, document because in the beginning there is no way to know which situation you are having to deal with.
07-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Yeah, it sucks, but I'll live. I've had so many good transactions both ways on this forum(only one bad). Starting out on eBay has been a very negative experience for selling. I am going to set this auction up as a BIN next go around. It's the only way I've had a smooth sale so far. It kind of scares me, as I move away from pure Pentax equipment, I need to find a good place to sell my stuff.
Sorry to hear about your problems, eBay is a crapshoot at best. Everybody makes mistakes, heck I just got a reminder from the mods about the Marketplace rules here , I believe that it's how you deal with them when they are brought to your attention that tells a lot about you.

Have you looked at Adam's new photo website that is for all brands? It has a marketplace too.

07-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Sorry to hear about your problems, eBay is a crapshoot at best. Everybody makes mistakes, heck I just got a reminder from the mods about the Marketplace rules here , I believe that it's how you deal with them when they are brought to your attention that tells a lot about you.

Have you looked at Adam's new photo website that is for all brands? It has a marketplace too.
While I would love for camera-enthusiast to be a success, at the moment, it is a bit of a ghost town. I may try FredMiranda's marketplace.
07-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #36
Veteran Member

It doesn't have the greatest reach yet, I have My Bronica system up here and over there (and on CL and Kijiji) the only interest i've had so far was a guy wanting to swap jewellery he made for it(no thanks) and 4 emails about the KEH buyer coming to town - hte last was from the KEF buyer and when i answered with the price OBO I never heard from them. If I wanted to sell to KEH I would have done so on their site ages back