Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Bill Maher on Right Wing Teenagers

Maher on What Teenage Right-Wingers Represent: Conservatism Today Is "Just Being a Dick" | AlterNet

QuoteQuote:
"I'm not trying to slam these kids, because being an ******* is totally understandable when you're fourteen," Maher says. "But my point is to Republican adults. When 14-year old boys sound exactly like you do... maybe you should rethink the shit that's coming out of your mouth."

06-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Heheh. Saw that one. Been saying it for years.
06-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Perhaps Bill Maher could practice what he preaches.
06-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Bill Maher is an entertainer. That's it....nothing profound there.

06-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Perhaps Bill Maher could practice what he preaches.
What, that being a dick is the easy part?
06-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Bill Maher has swung really far left from his traditional libertarian stances. I think what is really funny/sad is that none of the liberal hypocrites calls him out for stuff like calling GOP "The Party of the Apes" because of Allen West. If Rush Limbaugh ever called a black congressman an ape the world would never hear the end of it.
06-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
Bill Maher has swung really far left from his traditional libertarian stances. I think what is really funny/sad is that none of the liberal hypocrites calls him out for stuff like calling GOP "The Party of the Apes" because of Allen West. If Rush Limbaugh ever called a black congressman an ape the world would never hear the end of it.
Been listening to Fox, have we? Read Maher's blog post which is at issue. Bill Maher: The Right Shift - BLOGGA PLEASE
QuoteQuote:
Now, if I were a Washington pundit, I’d launch into some boring speech about how both sides are equally to blame, and then I’d call it a day and we’d all meet at Katherine Graham’s house for cocktails. Which is weird because Katherine Graham is dead. But this is why you never see us booking George Will and Peggy Noonan on my show (besides the fact that they wouldn’t do it): Because the same old Washington pundits haven’t said anything interesting since disco. Also because the idea that the blame for our government’s dysfunction is equally shared by the parties just is a giant, steaming mound of horseshit and anyone who has paid attention to politics over the last 20 years knows it. Or as I like to call it, “The Rise of the Party of the Apes.”

In fact, recently Thomas Mann and Norman Ornstein, two old wonks who have been in Washington as long as the Potomac, wrote a book called “It's Even Worse Than It Looks: How the American Constitutional System Collided With the New Politics of Extremism” in which they basically say, flat out, what I say every week: it’s the Republicans who are crazy. And they wrote an op-ed in The Washington Post to go along with the book called, “Let’s Just Say It: The Republicans Are the Problem.”
FIVE PARAGRAPHS LATER, after discussing numerous other politicians, he mentions West:

QuoteQuote:
Or take Allen West. Seriously, take him to the padded cell and give him 20 CCs of the high test. Ornstein and Mann start off their Post op-ed by noting that recently Rep. Allen West said that there are “78 to 81” Democrats in Congress who are members of the Communist Party. And not one Republican said, “Allen, come on. You’re making us look dumb.” Not one of the Republican candidates for president said anything. Because in today’s Republican Party, that’s not even edgy anymore. They probably saw him later on and were like, “Word, Allen. Word.” Because that’s how they think black people talk.
That description of his blog as if he had said West is an ape is a gross distortion. Crazy, yes, but coming up with a racial epithet because the word "ape" and the name of a black man are somewhere on the same 8 paragraph, 600 word page is silly whether it is Maher or Limbaugh.

Last edited by GeneV; 06-27-2012 at 09:53 AM.
07-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Daily Kos: Former conservative wonder kid Jonathan krohn NOT conservative anymore