Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Who Fans? You Have GOT To See This....

The coolest custom MH dolls EVER, a pair of Weeping Angels.....

All sizes | Two Monster High custom - Weeping Angel | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Aren't they awesome?

06-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Gosh, I don't think I'd want them anywhere in my house at night (or day).

They are stunning though.

Thanks for sharing.
06-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
JHD
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
They don't look much like Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey.
06-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #4

Awesome! Though I don't think I could have those in my bedroom, I'd probably have extreme nightmares!

06-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ticoun Quote
Awesome! Though I don't think I could have those in my bedroom, I'd probably have extreme nightmares!
They're causing quite a stir on the doll boards. Everyone loves them. A lot of doll fans are also major Who fans. You've got people modding all kinds of various dolls to resemble various characters and one woman she actually sculpts amazing Doctor heads out of Sculpey. She puts them on Ken bodies and such. She's fond of The Who has done the whole band as I recall. Another woman who is a My Little Pony Fan has made ponies into the various Doctor's complete with their most well known accessories. They're all cute but these are just exceptional. I think they are absolutely fabulous...
06-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I might be interested in an Otis Doll.....or a Devil Squirrel?

Regards!
06-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JHD Quote
They don't look much like Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey.
I'm a pretty big Dr Who fan myself, and without the "Dr" in the thread title I was thinking rock-n-roll too

06-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
I'm a pretty big Dr Who fan myself, and without the "Dr" in the thread title I was thinking rock-n-roll too
Exactly!!
06-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Was hoping for some unseen Keith Moon footage...
06-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Not everybody here's the word "Who" and thinks of the band, okay? I daresay there are as many Classic and Modern DOCTOR Who fans out there as there are Who band fans, probably far more actually. Nothing against them. I like them actually but...
06-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #11
JHD
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Not everybody here's the word "Who" and thinks of the band, okay?
It would seem that you don't belong to...
06-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My favorite bands are The Beatles, The Moody Blues, The Doors, Buffalo Springfield, Duran Duran, Dead Can Dance, and Adam and the Ants. The Who ranks somewhat below all those, maybe about the same as Bauhaus, Jefferson Airplane, The Mamas and the Papas,The Police, Queen or maybe The Psychedelic Furs. They're in my top 25 let's put it that way but not in my top 10. I actually like Daltrey much better as an actor than as a singer. He totally made me laugh as Hugh Fitzcairn in Highlander TS. My Generation actually came out before I was born, but most of the bands I like are 60's and 70's bands. I like a lot of 80's music too. Not so much the 90's and new millennium bands though there are a few I like a little bit. But yeah I'd consider myself somewhat of a Who fan, but not nearly as much a fan of the band as I am of Doctor Who. So "Who" to me will always be DOCTOR WHO.

Generally speaking my taste in music runs the gamut. I like just about everything except for really traditional country, rap and similar. I listen to the classical composers, to Blues, to R&R, to Pop, to Goth, tribal New Age, even to some Heavy Metal depending upon who it is. I tend to like the Scandinavian metal bands versus the American ones. I like a bit of a hard edge now and again but only the stuff with mythological and fairy tale imagery. No racism, no skin head stuff, no Anti-Christ occult oriented type heavy metal. Ozzy makes me laugh as a person. He's a funny guy, but I don't like his music much and I can't stand Marilyn Manson for instance either. I'm not as big on bands as I am on individual artists most of the time. I prefer Sting solo to The Police most of the time though I like The Police well enough. I'd rather have my Bowie sans Tin Machine et all.
06-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Well I'm also a dr who fan (and a Who fan having seen them way back with moon still on the kit)

gotta say i'd buy these and we don't have any dolls in the house (cool kind of gothic look to them, and one of my favourite who episodes to boot)
06-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Exactly!!
+1

PS - This scenario of The Who vs Dr. Who fans brings to mind the Rush (band from Canada) fans who, while wearing their Rush regalia, are approached by people who want to talk with them about Rush Limbaugh...
06-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
There are a lot of doll people who are both. Who is both. Not a battle to be won, in fact as I recall there are a couple of members of The Who who are Dr Who fans so I'll be they are happy to share the designation. The Moodies definitely are. Ever heard a Moodies song called "Gypsy?" That song is very much a tribute to a certain Doctor. See Dr Who ROCKS... ;P

Yeah, my band is STILL rocking down the house....and selling it out too.....GO MOODIES!!!!! I've been listening to them for most as long as I've been alive....3 1/2 decades plus and about 50 concerts at this point? I have every album, every CD of every album, solo, band, every video, blah, blah, blah...I'm not groupie type. The whole sleeping with the band thing, ick, but these guys I followed in my teens and 20's like some people followed The Grateful Dead. I still try to go to see them whenever they play near me at least once, though I can barely afford to go these days. Plus Thomas is gone and that makes me sad. The new flutist is lovely I hear but it's just not the same sans Thomas.

I could handle the two keyboard guys they had for years after Pinder left. I even liked Moraz while he lasted. They were all good, but losing Ray Thomas was really, really hard. And yes, I even like and listen to the early stuff with Denny Laine. My Moody Blues love goes ALL the way back, though I started with the albums after Hayward and Lodge's entry pretty much. Ah, Hayward, how the years are showing on his face, but he's still one of the best looking men I've ever seen. Awesome eyes, awesome voice, nicest guy you'll ever meet. His wife is a very lucky woman, lol. Major crush that guy, practically forever, sigh. He and Lennon, I think they're majorly responsible for my UK guy fetish. I was exposed to them at a very young and impressionable age. Probably it was Masterpiece Theatre and all my Mom's Regency Romances too, but definitely all that Beatles and Moodies music I listened to, that had something to do with it. But I'm not the only one with a Hayward fetish. There are actual odes circulating out there to that tie-dyed poet's shirt and the later one he wore at Red Rocks, lol.

The video that started it all for me...I'd heard and liked them before this, but after TOSOL I was totally hooked. It's a tie actually between them and the Beatles for favorite band. I couldn't chose if I had to. I love that they're singing in a Cavern here. Clearly a little personal tribute to the Beatles who they all knew and liked, and vice versa. It's a strange video, very stylized 80's, but I still like it.

My favorite version, live is way better, IMHO.

and if you haven't heard this...you should...Orbital, Dr Who Glastonbury 2010!!!!!

Last edited by magkelly; 06-27-2012 at 03:51 PM.