Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2012, 07:49 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteQuote:
If it had happened here odds are still high he would have been shot (heck they shot that asian guy on a street car year back remember) , norm, but in the uk he would have likely have just been subdued (Hell uk cops are used to subduing violent idiots just hang about after a football game between fierce rivals)
Our cops spend a great deal of time mimmicking the bad habits of their American cousins. They don't think of anything first, but they love piling on the bandwagon. We have hockey riots here and g20 riots... the cops don't tackle anyone. They sit back and watch.... it never occurs to NA police that to much of the world they appear to be trigger happy cowards, who'd rather put a bullet in someone in distress than make a teeny tiny effort to subdue them without fire arms. When I read the reports such as the Asian man in toronto... that's what I think... what kind of coward would do that in that situation? I know they consider themselves to be some kind of heroes, and some of them are. Most are just little boys with guns shaking like leaves in the face of some imagined threat.

07-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Our cops spend a great deal of time mimmicking the bad habits of their American cousins. They don't think of anything first, but they love piling on the bandwagon. We have hockey riots here and g20 riots... the cops don't tackle anyone. They sit back and watch.... it never occurs to NA police that to much of the world they appear to be trigger happy cowards, who'd rather put a bullet in someone in distress than make a teeny tiny effort to subdue them without fire arms. When I read the reports such as the Asian man in toronto... that's what I think... what kind of coward would do that in that situation? I know they consider themselves to be some kind of heroes, and some of them are. Most are just little boys with guns shaking like leaves in the face of some imagined threat.
I agree, I'm not a huge fan of our police forces tactics at all. People on the street are more likely to intervene and subdue people properly sometimes - I've been known to once or twice using skills learned bouncing shows in my youth.