Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2008, 08:52 AM   #1

How was your Mon.

Mine was not so good.

Some out of town type go lost up here where I live and decided to turn around just over a rise in the road as they missed their turn. I went for the ditch as I didn't want to t-bone him but didn't quite make it past.

I don't understand some one who backs up from a driveway across both lanes and then sits there discussing what to do with his wife.

01-24-2008, 08:57 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That totally sucks bigtime. Some idiots should never drive!! I hope you meant you hit his car. If so he's totally at fault. If you missed him and all that damage is from the ditch, unbelievably it's your fault.

I had exactly the same thing happen 7 years ago and had a choice. Hit and possibly kill the guy blocking the road, or hit a parked car. Split second decision was to hit the parked car and it cost me close to $20,000* as the insurance adjuster said I should have hit the guy and then it was his fault.

*damage plus 5 years of high rates.
01-24-2008, 08:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That sucks! Did they offer any help? Whose insurance will take care of it, or did they at least offer some cash? Great job on the defensive driving you made the right choice without a doubt. I hope your decision to sacrifice metal over flesh does not incur any out of pocket costs. Good luck.
01-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #4

Original Poster
front end damage is from the ditch. Back end damage is from the front end of his truck. police said he is 100% at fault but they had not decided if they were going to charge him with failing to yield from a private driveway.

My insurance is playing games as to closing the claim.

01-24-2008, 09:26 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I bet if you push them to give him a ticket, you'll get your claim handled faster and another thing is to have them get you a rental. They get these claims done fast when they are paying for a rental. As Dave said, good job on the driving but it's a good thing you clipped his truck.

I hope you or they, don't have any injuries as well.
01-24-2008, 03:55 PM   #6

Original Poster
Just had a run in with the insurance co. Everything people say about those ____________ _________ __________ is true.
01-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #7
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Just remember they really dislike the word LAWYER.