Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photo posting etiquette (v2.0?)

I didn't know exactly where to ask this, so "General Talk" seemed good enough.

I have a question about the etiquette of posting photos in the "Post Your Photos" section.

While my Pentax gear is still my main system, I've been dabbling in the M/43 scene with a body and a couple lenses. Also I have armed my wife with an M/43 body and she has just taken off with it.

I would like to share more pics with everyone, but quite a few of the ones I feel are good enough to share, have been taken with our M/43 gear. Since this is a Pentax forum, I just don't feel right posting them here. But, I've become quite familiar with a lot of the forum members here, and don't go to any other photography related forums. I've looked through a few, but just like it here because of the members and the great helping attitude.

So what does everyone think? I am right in hesitating posting images from a different brand camera/lenses here?

07-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Check out Camera Forum and Photo News Blog - Camera-Enthusiast.com I think many of the members would be familiar. Especially the Admin
07-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
We have a running thread for micro 4/3 users. You can post your pictures there too.
07-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Two great suggestions as an alternate for posting my photos - thanks!

I joined the Camera-Enthusiast forum when Adam first started it, but hadn't spent much time there - actually kind of forgot about it.......(sorry!)

07-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Also, if you shoot with Pentax glass on any camera, I say it is fair game.
07-04-2012, 12:08 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I will tell you what Adam told me about what cameras are allowed in PYP. Any camera is allowed, no matter the brand name. The Pentax only posting is in the games and challenges forums. So, Stormtech, your non Pentax brand is welcome in Post Your Photos forum.
07-04-2012, 05:43 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I will tell you what Adam told me about what cameras are allowed in PYP. Any camera is allowed, no matter the brand name. The Pentax only posting is in the games and challenges forums. So, Stormtech, your non Pentax brand is welcome in Post Your Photos forum.

Thanks so much for the info from Adam. I feel more at ease now if I want to post photos there.

What a great community!

07-04-2012, 06:01 AM   #8
Veteran Member

there are a large number of threads where you will see non pentax cameras used (the film ones and medium format come to mind, as does the street shots where the guy who started it now shoots nikon.
07-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
as does the street shots where the guy who started it now shoots nikon
Well, I guess there could be the exception in games/challenges to the rules of Pentaxforums. I actually had one member whose Pentax was in for repair and I allowed him to use a non Pentax camera, just that one time though.