Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
07-06-2012, 02:08 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Read my DailyKOS 'diary' on a WSJ spanking

Check this out : Wall Street Journal Gets Spanked!

I emailed the author of a JAMA article when I thought a WSJ editorial piece was misrepresenting that JAMA article to try to prove it's (very shaky) point. The doctors who authored the JAMA article agreed with me and emailed the WSJ.

07-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great job!!!!
07-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

do the letter.. it's important.........

QuoteQuote:
Daniel Henninger’s column (ObamaCare's Lost Tribe: Doctors ) fundamentally misrepresents our perspective as well as key facts about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS). ACA did not create PQRS, it was established during the Bush administration and by a Republican Congress.

As we noted in JAMA, we believe in and support efforts around physician measurement –measurements that are meaningful, improve quality of care and have patient care-centered goals.

Physicians are, at their core, scientists – scientists who believe in evidence and measurement. They are also very used to being assessed and evaluated. From medical school through residency to practice they demonstrate to themselves, their peers and the public that they have met the standards of the profession through exams, board certification and Maintenance of Certification. Physicians use performance data from these and other programs to identify areas for improvement.

But the measurement world isn’t perfect. The Affordable Care Act (ACA), in its wisdom, understands that and has created mechanisms to examine innovative approaches to care delivery and measurement. In fact, many programs of the ACA (Accountable Care Organizations and the Innovations Center to name two) focus on enhancing the physician patient relationship and put doctors and other health professionals in the driver’s seat for designing new approaches to care delivery.

We have no misgivings about the appropriateness of measuring physician’s performance – we believe it is important, vital, to improving the quality and safety of health care in this country. It is unfortunate that Mr. Henninger chose to use our analysis on how to improve physician measurement as a way to demonize the ACA and cause unnecessary fear for patients. The ACA will not damage the relationship between ill patients and physicians – in fact it will allow more patients to get the care they need.

Christine Cassel, MD Sachin Jain, MD
Philadelphia, PA Boston, MA
07-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I feel mildly, oddly flattered, my 'diary' regarding this WSJ article spankage is currently in the lead for 'recommends' on the K.O.S main page

07-08-2012, 04:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I'm proud of your well-reasoned letter, a clear indication of the superior quality of most Pentaxians