Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Words of wisdom from Boehner:

Boehner: I can't make you love Mitt Romney - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

QuoteQuote:
Speaking last week at a fundraiser in Wheeling, W.Va., Boehner was surprisingly candid in his characterization of Romney's candidacy when asked, in a question-and-answer session: "Can you make me love Mitt Romney?"

..........."No," he answered, as first reported by Roll Call. "Listen, we're just politicians. I wasn't elected to play God. The American people probably aren't going to fall in love with Mitt Romney."

He added that the presumptive Republican nominee had "some friends, relatives, and fellow Mormons... some people that are going to vote for him," but suggested that at the end of the day, Republicans would be voting against President Obama rather than for Romney.

"I'll tell you this: 95 percent of the people that show up to vote in November are going to show up in that voting booth, and they are going to vote for or against Barack Obama," Boehner said. "This election is going to be a referendum on the president's failed economic policies. "

Calling Romney a "solid guy," Boehner went on to say that the former Massachusetts governor is "going to do a great job, even if you don't fall in love with him." .........
(My highlight above.....)

With friends like that (Boehner) who needs enemies?

07-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, it *is* their strategy. They've been *against* *everything* just cause the only things they want to *do* are more of the same things they made this mess with in the first place.

The first thing they *attacked* in this Presidency in particular was the very ideas of *hope,* *change* and *yes we can.* Alll they've done is monkeywrench and spin. ANd Boehner's one of the biggest and most obvious offenders in just that way. And if Mormons think doing the bidding of the Christian Right will gain them acceptance from their very religous bigotry... they got another thing coming, unfortunately.
07-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery