Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
at the video!

The thing is, it is easy to criticize the BHO administration, without resorting to lies, half-truths, birthers, insinuation and statistics/facts that can be twisted any which way.

The truly sad fact-of-the-matter there is no current viable candidate who looks to be able to do better. The only reason to elect someone other than BHO?

"Change"

Oh, the irony.
I think that is a huge part of the reason democrat supporters (former, anyway) are leaving the party in droves...same with the house and senate and why they're not talking about or interested in the healthcare debate any more.

Obama campaigned on a promise of change, changing the country and the way politics in this country are done, leaving the partisan BS behind in the past, and lifting America to new heights.

All of it was a farce, a sweet story to capture the votes, make people swoon, give Chris Matthews a thrill up his leg...

None of it was true (except the thrill Chris Matthews felt in his loins, that did happen). It's business as usual. Back room deals, preferential treatment, more Us vs Them than Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.

His entire presidency have been a farce because he promised us something so different and even 3-4 years in office, still blames Bush for his woes. He has never take ownership or the reigns and said, "This is mine, I'll make it better."

07-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yep, pretty much.
07-12-2012, 12:26 PM - 1 Like   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
To a large degree he's governed as a moderate Republican... only to find there are no moderate Republicans left to be bipartisan with.
07-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jtkratzer Quote
Didn't see anything in the passage, real or altered, about SEXUAL abuse. Where are you getting that from?
Read the whole blog page it's linked to, that the passage is quoted from. Down the page the blogger insinuates that Obama was sexually abused and that's why he lies all the time.

07-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #35
Banned

I think that is a huge part of the reason democrat supporters (former, anyway) are leaving the party in droves...same with the house and senate and why they're not talking about or interested in the healthcare debate any more.

Obama campaigned on a promise of change, changing the country and the way politics in this country are done, leaving the partisan BS behind in the past, and lifting America to new heights.

All of it was a farce, a sweet story to capture the votes, make people swoon, give Chris Matthews a thrill up his leg...
Chris Matthews' thrill up leg - YouTube

None of it was true (except the thrill Chris Matthews felt in his loins, that did happen). It's business as usual. Back room deals, preferential treatment, more Us vs Them than Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.

His entire presidency have been a farce because he promised us something so different and even 3-4 years in office, still blames Bush for his woes. He has never take ownership or the reigns and said, "This is mine, I'll make it better."
I see your a man of faith.
07-12-2012, 02:15 PM - 1 Like   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You are making up your "facts." Exactly what "droves" of democrats are leaving the party? It's independents who are waffling (as usual), not Democrats:

QuoteQuote:
Digging into the crosstabs of our ABC/Washington Post poll it’s clear that Obama has a significant problem with independent voters. On every measure, independents are significantly more disappointed with the president and more open to a Mitt Romney message.

While 45 percent of voters overall say they approve of Obama’s handling of the economy, just 37 percent of independents believe that. Obama has a 12 point advantage among all voters on the issue of “who has presented a clearer plan for dealing with the economy – Obama or Romney?” But among independents that flips to an eight point advantage for Romney.

Even on the issue of Romney’s record in business, independent voters are more sympathetic to the Republican. Among all voters, more thought that Romney in his work as a corporate investor did more to cut jobs than create them (42 percent to 36 percent). But among independents, that flips to a six point advantage for Romney – 43-37 percent.
So, why isn’t Romney ahead?

As ABC pollster Gary Langer points out, the Democratic base is more energized and engaged.

Obama campaigned on a promise of change, changing the country and the way politics in this country are done, leaving the partisan BS behind in the past, and lifting America to new heights. . . . His entire presidency have been a farce because he promised us something so different and even 3-4 years in office, still blames Bush for his woes. He has never take ownership or the reigns and said, "This is mine, I'll make it better."
President Obama's biggest problem with disillusionment is the infantile voting population's belief that change can happen overnight. The kind of change he talks about will take a lot more than four or even eight years.

And what's the biggest reason for slow change? The entrenched right wing. While the President hasn't achieved all he hopes to, what he did achieve in the face of incredible resistance is remarkable, and I for one hope he keeps at it. If the right has its way, 90% of the wealth will be in the hands of .01%, no social safety net or public education will exist at all, we will be invading countries over nonexistent weapons, Wall Street will be selling junk again, gays will be forced back into the closet, women's rights and their health care will be the domain of chauvinistic old men, the US will remain a world class polluter, and everyone in the US will have assault weapons.

Greed, selfishiness, and exclusivity . . . that's what the US right wing is all about.
07-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by les3547 Quote
President Obama's biggest problem with disillusionment is the infantile voting population's belief that change can happen overnight. The kind of change he talks about will take a lot more than four or even eight years.

And what's the biggest reason for slow change? The entrenched right wing. While the President hasn't achieved all he hopes to, what he did achieve in the face of incredible resistance is remarkable, and I for one hope he keeps at it. If the right has its way, 90% of the wealth will be in the hands of .01%, no social safety net or public education will exist at all, we will be invading countries over nonexistent weapons, Wall Street will be selling junk again, gays will be forced back into the closet, women's rights and their health care will be the domain of chauvinistic old men, the US will remain a world class polluter, and everyone in the US will have assault weapons.

Greed, selfishiness, and exclusivity . . . that's what the US right wing is all about.
I completely agree. It takes a lot longer to fix things than it does to break them.

07-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GibbyTheMole Quote
I completely agree. It takes a lot longer to fix things than it does to break them.
Working on a bad shot in Photoshop teaches you that.
07-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #39
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Working on a bad shot in Photoshop teaches you that.

Yep. I've spent very long sessions trying to salvage a shot that may have taken only 1/1000 of a second to screw up.
07-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Speaking of lying.................
QuoteQuote:
The documents, filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, place Romney in charge of Bain from 1999 to 2001, a period in which the company outsourced jobs and ran companies that fell into bankruptcy.

Romney has tried to distance himself from this period in Bain's history, saying on financial disclosure forms he had no active role in Bain as of February 1999.
QuoteQuote:
"When a (fill in the mittens) doesn't tell the truth, how can we trust him to lead?" the narrator says in the Romney ad titled "No Evidence."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gayxGHH8V9fU3ki-NY19OL-NgL...ab5e776c4b01ca

you tell it Mittens...........
07-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #41
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

First, a disclaimer: I don't want Romney to become president.
Now having said that, whatever he did in the private sector is irrelevant as far as outsourcing, closures, etc., as he was doing the job that he was getting paid to do to the best of his ability. Let's just hope, if he's elected, that that work ethic carries over.
07-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #42
Pentaxian

Political followers are not much different than political leaders.
07-13-2012, 05:48 AM   #43
Banned

Ronald Reagan Lies About Secretly Selling Arms To Iran Through Israel For Hostages

07-13-2012, 05:52 AM   #44
Veteran Member

What would a partisan psychologist say about the "Etch-a-Sketch" syndrome?
07-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #45
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is probably one of the most hateful pieces of propaganda I have ever seen. The author is a psychopath, completely and totally devoid of conscience. If the author's problems stem from sexual abuse, not genetics... he's lucky. But really , why else would one grasp at a sexual abuse theory on such flimsy grounds, unless projecting one's own experience? The whole post borders on hate literature directed agains the president. That such garbage would pass as legitimate political commentary is an indictment of the American right as a whole. There just is no excuse for this kind of trash being published. It is nothing more than a fabricated personal attack on the president.

I suspect the author is a victem of sexual abuse, who blames his penchant for lying on his abuse. That's an attack on victims of sexual abuse. I know of no literature that says victims of sexual abuse are more prone to lying. Not only that his identification with his abuser, in discrediting other abuse victims and branding them as liars, demonstrates a marked Stockholm syndrome. He's taken on the mind set and defense strategies of his abuser. And not one shred of that has anything to do with Obama.

I'm really disappointed that it would be tolerated and defended in any public forum. Lets talk about how your mom was a pervert now. Lets see how those who favour informed free speech would respond to that. If you think some arm chair psychologist somewhere couldn't make a case for that, you're wrong. The thing is, there would be no point in declaring your mother a pervert. There is huge political mileage in declaring Obama a liar. And to propose that his lying (which isn't even demontrated) could be caused by sexual abuse.

After reading this, the only question is, how low will these psychopaths stoop in spreading their hate?

And I would say the same thing if this kind of garbage were published about any politician.

Last edited by normhead; 07-13-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Closed Thread