Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
Ed in GA

The increasing popularity of Pentax Gear

When I purchased my K100D in September of 2006, I got the only one, besides the display, that was in the local store.

A few months later, I was in the store again and noticed that there were several K100D's in his stock case and a couple of K10D's. But, the only lens he had for the Pentax cameras were the Promaster line.

Yesterday afternoon after work, I dropped by that store to pick up a UV filter and while there asked if they were going to bring in any of the new K20's. 'Yes, but I don't know when they'll be here." was the answer.

While talking to the sales person, I noticed that they now have a number of Pentax Lens in their case. Half dozen FA 50mm f/1.4s, about the same number of DA 50-200's, a couple of Da 16-45's and one DA* 50-135.

I asked him why they had decided to bring in all of those lens? He said, "we've begun to sell quite a few of the Pentax cameras and thought we should have some lens in stock as well." I asked how many Pentax cameras he had sold lately. "Actually, quite a lot." "We've sold more of them in the last year than in probably the three previous years combined."

Thought I'd share that bit of info.

Last edited by Ed in GA; 01-25-2008 at 11:20 AM.
01-25-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Thanks Ed. That is damn good news both the sales stats and the fact they'll be carrying Pentax equip and accessories for YOU.
01-25-2008, 11:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That is good news isn't it Ed? I am lucky that the two local privately owned camera stores in my area do stock Pentax. Nelson's photo in San Diego has nothing but good to say about Pentax and stocks accordingly. Lots of lenses available and what they don't have they will order for you. I just picked up a tamron 28-75 at George's here in San Diego this past tuesday. Funny thing is that the gal at Nelson's told me to check George's because they didn't have the lens in stock at the moment.
01-25-2008, 08:11 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Pentax are working their way back to the position they were in with film cameras.
The hugely successful entry level K1000 which was the perfect beginner/student/enthusiast on a budget camera, with a series of higher models for the serious amateur who could afford more than the K1000. Then they had their LX as a pro 35mm model and the well regarded 645 pro system.