Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
07-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
There's a lot of fighting like the fight is all that matters.

Where do you really think you see this going, whatever your ideology?
I think 17 angry old white guys are out to buy the country.

I want them to fail.

07-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I would like the whole world to come together and solve our problems, together. Forget greed and profit. Let's work towards our common goals. We can solve poverty and starvation. We can cure cancer and scores of other diseases. We can save our environment. We can make life better for everyone. We choose not to.
07-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
07-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #19
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Kum ba ya, my lord; kum ba ya........

07-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #20
Banned

Bring John and Jim back and send the tea party to the dark side of the moon

07-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Right now? I just want to my girl cat to be whole and healthy again. She's on the mend but this has been a bad few days. She ate a rubber band and/or what might have been some plastic the other day and she's been very ill since. Couple of days ago I thought she'd die. So much for cat proofing the house. She was barfing up blood every few hours. I've had to take her to the vet's twice. Not that they can actually do much, but I had to have her checked. Yeah, all the money in the K-30 kitty and everything else in the house and on the CC went, and I really just don't care right now.

I'm totally furious with my one roommate who was basically responsible for leaving junk around and we're barely even talking. She's stopped barfing, finally, maybe, and actually she ate a little on her own today, but I still have to basically force feed her baby food every few hours to make sure she doesn't end up with liver damage from pain induced anorexia. It's been a bad few days and honestly if she doesn't recover completely I may be sans one roommate. That's saying something because we've known each other for nearly my whole life.

But anyhow, that's all I want right now. I just want my girl to be all better. No, actually one more thing, I also want my roommate to own up to what happened and help out with the freakin vet bill, something that's not happening just now. Somebody is really being a dickhead, but I'd honestly settle for her being a happy, well little cat again. I just hate that she's sick. Oh man, it felt good to get all that out.....

Last edited by magkelly; 07-16-2012 at 06:37 PM.
07-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #22
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I hope everything is okay, Mag. My cats are a HUGE part of my life and I know the stress from having one feeling poorly.

07-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh, your poor cat! I'm a big-time cat person and know how upsetting it can be to have an ill kitty. Sending good vibes your way...
07-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Magkelly

I hope your cat pulls through. We put done our cat, the last of the 5 animals we got more or less the same time, this May at age 19 due to failing kidneys etc. We lost two cats and a dog in 2008, the second dog in 2010 (Query the one in my Avatar) all from old age. Query paid for our vet to have a large boat and most likely put his kids through university but the little brat was worth it. I know what it is like to have to spend money you do not have on a pet but they sure are worth it. Best of luck for both of you.

World peace would be nice but the return of Quest and Query would be nicer (so I am a bit selfish) As far as what I gather the OP to be, less hatred of those who have a different opinion than yours would be great. I have had some good political discussions with people who were either far to the right or far to the left of me and we enjoyed them, learnt from each other and then went on to discuss more important things like Flames versus Oilers. But on the net, and in this forum there seems to be the need to demonize those from the other parts of the political spectrum, even when those two parties are in reality not that far from each other. There are two people on then entire internet who are on my ignore list and although both have different political views than mine it is their nastiness in speaking of others (not of me) that made be decide to not read whatever they have to say. There are some on this forum whom I may never agree with but they are civil. We should be civil in our discourse, emphatic to others and thoughtful whenever we can and passionate about what we believe in. Perhaps we should all be more like cats or dogs
07-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #25
Veteran Member

About half an hour after I typed this I told my one roommate to get out and go stay with his BF. It was either that or murder him. I walked into the bathroom after he had gone in there and he'd left a toilet paper wrapper, plastic, right where she could get it in the trash after I'd made it very clear that if anyone in the house ever let her near plastic or a rubber band again there would be hell to pay. I lost it and nearly slapped him actually. It was a total brainless dumb arse maneuver and that was just it for me. I told him to get whatever he needed for now and to get out. My only regret is that there was no deposit given when he moved in, no last month's rent. At this point I'd have taken it for the freaking vet bill.

He's gone and he's not coming back except to get his stuff. I don't mess around when it comes to my cats. I don't know what's up with him lately whether he's just gotten suddenly stupid or just doesn't care about anything but I didn't just go through this with her only to have her eat more and get sick again because she's still not feeling quite well and has the pica munchies. I know he didn't do it on purpose. He just wasn't thinking, but if I can't trust him to watch out for her he just can't be here. We have two cats and the pup to watch out for. I can't allow this to happen again. When I found her she was already eying the trash. A few minutes later and we'd have been right back where we were two days ago. The vet just put her on a supplement, vitamins and I'm hoping it will help stop her from going there, but still right now I have to watch her like a hawk and there can be NO plastic where she can get at it.

My other roommate is okay with me asking him to leave. We've been talking about it for a while actually. She's not been too happy with him lately either. Personal stuff but he's been acting like a real dickhead with her too apparently. If I didn't know better I'd say he was on drugs or whatever but that's not him. I think he's just stressing out over work and over family stuff and I am sympathetic, but I can't afford to be so sympathetic if it's going to cost me a cat and maybe the other roommate. I've been friends with both forever but he's always known that if it came down to it she would be the one to stay. She and I are excellent roommates. He's never been as easy to live with and this, it was just the last straw.
07-17-2012, 04:50 AM   #26
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Make sure you change the locks.
07-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
I think 17 angry old white guys are out to buy the country.

I want them to fail..
400 of them already own most of it. It may be too late.
07-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
400 of them already own most of it. It may be too late.
Yep, now they are just fighting amongst themselves for who has the most.
07-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Make sure you change the locks.
I've known this guy since I was like 12. I'm not that worried about him that way. Normally he's the nicest guy you'll ever meet though not the tidiest roommate. The snark thing is not like him. I'm just worried him being so wool headed lately is going to get someone killed. He also walked out the other day and left a burner on and a week or two ago he left the back door unlocked when he came in late. Fortunately both times I caught it but this is getting to be a real pattern with him and I just can't allow it to continue. He's already been over this morning apologizing, and to get his stuff. He wanted me to give him another shot, promised to watch it, but I just can't.

We parted friends. I told him I was worried about him. I didn't like what I was seeing and I asked him what was up. He just said he had a lot on his mind lately. I think it's more than that but I can't force him to level with me so that was that. He and the BF have been talking about rooming together for a while so maybe it's for the best. They've been mostly just friends but I think that's going elsewhere of late and that maybe they'll end up being more. I have a feeling I'll be losing the other roommate too come the end of the year. She's been getting very serious about someone too. I don't think they're ready to co-inhabit but it will happen sooner or later.

I'm kind of hoping they will actually. I've been wanting my house back for a while now. With the online store and my photography picking up a little more every day I think I can make the maintenance on my own and I want to move into the big back bedroom so I can shoot in the living room as well as the porch. I can't really build any boudoir sets until I have more privacy and space. If she goes too I'll have that. I don't want to kick her out before she's ready. We've been roommates and friends for a lot of years, but it needs to happen in the next year. Either that or I'll have to rent or buy another mobile home in the park and set up a little studio there. That might happen anyhow eventually. You can buy 100K mobile homes in here or 2K mobile homes. There's a wide price range. On my block there are two homes for sale now for under 10K and there are more in the park elsewhere even cheaper.

I just might talk to my CU about a loan for 4K in a year to buy another one and maybe to grab my K-30/18-135 and 55-300 combo too. My credit is not perfect but I've been with them for years. I've already paid off a car loan with them. Even when I was out West I still banked with them too. I have their CC and I'm not asking for much. They're big on small business loans for women I'm told so I think they will go for it. I don't want to take out a loan though until I am sure I am making enough money to be able to afford the maintenance on a second place and a loan payment. It would be far easier if I could just have her move out instead.
07-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #30
Banned

what I want is for the fees and taxes on my 500 dollar plane ticket to not be MORE than my 500 dollar plane ticket. only in the US…
Closed Thread