Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
what I want is for the fees and taxes on my 500 dollar plane ticket to not be MORE than my 500 dollar plane ticket. only in the US…
They have finally started posting prices in ads etc up here that are the actual price, all fees in
makes life easier

07-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #32
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
They have finally started posting prices in ads etc up here that are the actual price, all fees in
makes life easier
Here they prefer to twist the knife slowly, a little at a time.
07-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I've known this guy since I was like 12. I'm not that worried about him that way. Normally he's the nicest guy you'll ever meet though not the tidiest roommate. The snark thing is not like him. I'm just worried him being so wool headed lately is going to get someone killed. He also walked out the other day and left a burner on and a week or two ago he left the back door unlocked when he came in late. Fortunately both times I caught it but this is getting to be a real pattern with him and I just can't allow it to continue.
Sounds like there may be some chemicals in play there, if it's really 'not like him'. Years ago I had a friend who just started to fall apart in exactly the same way, and a few other friends finally found out he was hiding the substance abuse the best he could - but kept screwing up in these kinds of ways.

07-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
what I want is for the fees and taxes on my 500 dollar plane ticket to not be MORE than my 500 dollar plane ticket. only in the US…
My "99-cent" phone deal cost $30.13 after taxes...

07-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Sounds like there may be some chemicals in play there, if it's really 'not like him'. Years ago I had a friend who just started to fall apart in exactly the same way, and a few other friends finally found out he was hiding the substance abuse the best he could - but kept screwing up in these kinds of ways.

Nah, it's not drugs. He barely drinks, doesn't smoke, won't touch so much as an aspirin most of the time. He's a total purist that way. He spends more time at work than he does at home. He works 2 jobs, nearly 80 hours a week, basically just crashes here. He doesn't even have time to do his laundry let alone to get high. He's got major family pressure going on and I do think that's it. My other roommate is bi, female. He's pretty much gay. He's 40 something and his family still doesn't know he's into guys. It's causing problems for him.

He used to ID as bi, but now it's fully gay. He's been really conflicted for a while now. He's not really in the closet except to work and them. His family they can't handle it. The signs are all there, have been for years, but they've been just brutally determined to ignore it all. He's the only son. They're nagging him to find a GF and get married all the time, want grand kids. It's a mess. There was a marriage in the family recently and I have a feeling his parents put the screws on him too. He's been cranky ever since.

Like I said I do sympathize, but I can't let him stay. That's several times now he's put my cats or us in danger. I think it will be good for him being with the BF too. Maybe he'll finally admit how he really feels about this guy, maybe even come out to his folks after all, who knows? I hope so. They won't take it well, but it would be far more healthy for him. I'm going to be there for him, help him through all this. We both will, but he can't live here anymore.
07-18-2012, 05:23 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote

Like I said I do sympathize, but I can't let him stay. That's several times now he's put my cats or us in danger. I think it will be good for him being with the BF too. Maybe he'll finally admit how he really feels about this guy, maybe even come out to his folks after all, who knows? I hope so. They won't take it well, but it would be far more healthy for him. I'm going to be there for him, help him through all this. We both will, but he can't live here anymore.
this is bang on, It may be a rough ride for a few months when he comes out but ultimately it would make his life so much simpler, and reduce the stress. The family likely has their suspicions anyway, they almost always do. Some will be nasty (sadly) others will come around and support him. It's a tough choice to make, but I've never known anyone who didn't ultimately end up happier (though not all were able to maintain good relations with their family - instead good friends like you become their family)
07-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Precisely what I want, thanks, and I don't think it is too much to ask.

07-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #38
JHD
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Bring John and Jim back and send the tea party to the dark side of the moon
I beg to differ... The Tea Party is one of the most underrated and unappreciated bands!

07-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow. A few good tunes, (also a bunny with a waffle on their head, which is very good, but perhaps not about these politics: of couuse if anyone said to me, 'Would you like a baby bunny with a waffle on his head,' I would of course say, 'Immediately, but that's not the point. ' .........but none of it actually addressed ....or considered, the question.

Particularly in terms of all this arguing here...

So far, 'Instant Karma' wins, even if the bunbun's a sentimental favorite.

But still.

If saying something so simple is just an inkblot test.. Is that an answer?

Everyone's got an opinion, won't answer a straight question.

What do you *want?*

Where do you see this going?

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 07-23-2012 at 06:48 PM.
07-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #40
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Honestly? Nowhere........
07-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Honestly? Nowhere........
I have to wonder if that's exactly why things have been a 'war' instead of any pretense of 'talking about a solution' since I was yea-high. (well, counting hair, yeea high.)

The question stands, then.

Or becomes. 'Why?'

Do any of you have any intention of *doing* anythign besides claim victory, however falsely?

Or is this just jibba-jabba, eh?

Seems to me like the worst in people is trying to talk themselves into something, and our better natures are... well, just talkin.

(This is just one of those months where, you know, my basic civil rights would have come in *damn* handy* in these years when everyone was talkin. (
07-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #42
JHD
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
What do you *want?*

Where do you see this going?
Well since you asked... I want Obama to win a second term. I want politicians to come to their senses and play nice. Those that don't, I want Jesus to come and kick their ass.

I want magic mushrooms and pot legalized; I want to see the death penalty enforced for the consumption and distribution of all other illegal drugs along with alcohol.

I want to lose 40 lbs and become a vegetarian - damn that chicken to hell! On second thought, I want everyone to become a vegetarian, exercise daily and drink lots of water.

I want my puppy to stop pissing and shitting on the carpet. I want all animal abusers, rapists and pedophiles castrated and publicly flogged.

No doubt there are many other things I want, but I want to keep this short and find contentment in spite this bullshit three ring circus side show called reality.
07-24-2012, 01:43 AM   #43
Banned

if there was ever a pretext for the use of the term 'it's all relative.' this thread would be such. Especially the last part of the above statement.
07-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #44
Site Supporter

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/790510/thumbnail/bunny_pancake.gif

I would like to catch The Doors, live in 1967 . . .
07-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JHD Quote
I want to lose 40 lbs and become a vegetarian
Reverse the order of that and it might happen.
Closed Thread