Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
Banned

Patriots for America :Obama seating Muslim Brotherhood in his Administration

QuoteQuote:
The truth is hussein Obama is SEATING Muslim Brotherhood in his Administration. They are not infiltrating as people keep saying, the muslim in chief and his marxist helper Clinton is bringing them in with open arms knowing who they are.
hussein Obama is SEATING Muslim Brotherhood in his Administration - Constitutional Emergency

The Patriots for America are total aholes.

07-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
The Patriots for America are total aholes.
Not to mention totally looney.
07-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Not to mention totally looney.
07-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
Veteran Member

All the foil hat folk comments aside,this is a direct quote from the link in the OP
"Bachmann said she never accused Abedin of working on behalf of the Brotherhood but questions how Abedin obtained a State Department security clearance, the Times reported.

“I am particularly interested in exactly how, given what we know from the international media about Ms. Abedin’s documented family connections with the extremist Muslim Brotherhood, she was able to avoid being disqualified for a security clearance,” Bachmann wrote, according to the paper"

is this really such an unreasonable question?

Last edited by seacapt; 07-18-2012 at 08:32 AM.
07-18-2012, 09:06 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
This is a direct quote from the link in the OP
"Bachmann said she never accused Abedin of working on behalf of the Brotherhood but questions how Abedin obtained a State Department security clearance, the Times reported.

“I am particularly interested in exactly how, given what we know from the international media about Ms. Abedin’s documented family connections with the extremist Muslim Brotherhood, she was able to avoid being disqualified for a security clearance,” Bachmann wrote, according to the paper"

Yes, it is far beyond unreasonable. Her unsupported claims are merely an excuse to reincarnate McCarthyism. That's not one bit hyperbole on my part either, but an accurate description of a new low to which the far right has sunk.

Bachman didn't just ask the question, she has gone on a campaign to spread nothing more than a vicious rumor, and she's attracted support for her nasty innuendos as well. "'It appears that there has been deep penetration in the halls of our United States government by the Muslim Brotherhood,' Bachmann told radio host Sandy Rios in June. 'It appears that there are individuals who are associated with the Muslim Brotherhood who have positions, very sensitive positions, in our Department of Justice, our Department of Homeland Security, potentially even in the National Intelligence Agency.'"

QuoteQuote:
Bachmann responded to Ellison with 16 pages worth of "evidence" implicating the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, to whom President George W. Bush created a "special envoy" position in 2008, and advocacy groups like the Islamic Society of North America and the Muslim Public Affairs Council. Bachmann doesn't make clear what evidence connects these latter groups to "infiltration" -- their mere existence seems sufficient to warrant her paranoia.

But by the far the strangest claim of "infiltration" that she cites is the one she leads off her letter with: longtime Hillary Clinton aide-de-camp Huma Abedin. In her letter, Bachmann tells Ellison that she is concerned about Abedin's familial connections to the Brotherhood, and raises concerns over her security clearance. As Alex Seitz-Wald reports for Salon:

As evidence, she pointed to Abedin’s late father, Professor Syed Z. Abedin, and a 2002 Brigham Young University Law Review article about his work. Bachmann points to a passage saying Abedin founded an organization that received the “quiet but active support” of the the former director of the Muslim World League, an international NGO that was tied to the Muslim Brotherhood in Europe in the 1970s through 1990s. So, to connect Abedin to the Muslim Brotherhood, you have to go through her dead father, to the organization he founded, to a man who allegedly supported it, to the organization that man used to lead, to Europe in the 1970s and 1990s, and finally to the Brotherhood.
And from there, all connections lead to the obvious Islamofascist puppetmaster: Kevin Bacon, star of Footloose.

Seitz-Wald goes on to point out what would normally be a sticky logical problem for this conspiracy fantasy: Abedin is the wife of Anthony Weiner, the disgraced former congressman from New York who is well-known for being one of the most relentlessly pro-Israel politicians in America. But if you recall, the sharia-paranoiacs have an answer for that, too. (It involves the wild notion that Muslim infiltrators positioned Abedin into her marriage to Weiner, or that Weiner himself is a secret Muslim, depending on the direction the wind is blowing that day.)

At any rate, if the Muslim Brotherhood wanted to infiltrate Congress, why wouldn't they do it the way everyone else does -- cut huge campaign checks and get their lobbyists to offer legislators lavish rewards for writing legislation?
Judging by some of your recent comments, apparently you are okay with such practices. Is that what you want for America? The demonizing of some group, and then treason-like charges leveled if any remote connection can be found between someone and the demonized group? If so, you've overlooked the danger that when a country practices trumped-up persecutions, one day a group you are part of may become the target.

Last edited by les3547; 07-18-2012 at 12:30 PM.
07-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Yes, basing information on media reporting is highly irresponsible. Doing so selectively indicates a lack of morals and ethics.
07-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
Veteran Member

McCain Defends Clinton Aide Huma Abedin Against Bachmann Accusation About Muslim Brotherhood - ABC News

07-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He may have very well won the election had he not sold his integrity to the far-right. Sen. McCain circa 2000 was as good of a person in politics as you were likely to find.

Yeah, I know that's faint praise, but it's the best we can hope for.
07-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #9
Banned

Original Poster
All the foil hat folk comments aside,this is a direct quote from the link in the OP

Do YOU agree with the Patriots for America ?

Last edited by jogiba; 07-18-2012 at 03:07 PM.
07-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Jogiba - did I not preface my post with " all the foilhat comments aside"? Maybe I should have used the term pinhead anarchist comments?
For the record:
I find Bachman an embaressment however I do question the effectiveness of the current security clearance background check system. This is not directed at any one individual or a desire for a rebirth of McCarthyism. It is a suject that I have discussed in depth with a former Marine 1 Presidential Honor Gaurd.

Last edited by seacapt; 07-19-2012 at 09:44 AM.
07-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Bushes have a history of canoodling with the Saudis. Saudis, Oil, Bushes, America. Hmmm....

Edit: I don't mean this as a deflection, as in "what's good for the goose is good for the gander". I think we have to trust the system, that it is reasonably thorough and fair and does not compromise the essence of what America is.

I also genuinely believe that M. Bachman has a personality disorder. Not in the sense that Sarah P. and Obama have - I think they've got some megalomania going on, pretty standard stuff for a politician - but a genuine personality disorder, like schizotypal or something of that nature.

Last edited by luftfluss; 07-18-2012 at 07:50 PM.
07-19-2012, 06:47 AM   #12
Banned

Original Poster
Jogiba - did I not preface my post with " all the foilhat comments aside"? Maybe I should have used the term pinhead anarcist comments?
For the record:
I find Bachman an embaressment however I do question the effectiveness of the current security clearance background check system. This is not directed at any one individual or a desire for a rebirth of McCarthyism. It is a suject that I have discussed in depth with a former Marine 1 Presidential Honor Gaurd.
I bet he would love to shoot Obama just like many other conservatives in the Marines AKA Patriots for America.
Board: Ax Marine Who Put Obama on Jackass Poster - General will make final decision on Sgt. Gary Stein
07-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Who's unamerican?????????????
QuoteQuote:
This was too much for McCain. On the Senate floor, he called Bachmann’s charges “an unwarranted and unfounded attack on an honorable woman, a dedicated American and a loyal public servant.”

“Put simply, Huma represents what is best about America: the daughter of immigrants, who has risen to the highest levels of our government on the basis of her substantial personal merit and her abiding commitment to the American ideals that she embodies so fully,” McCain said. “I am proud to know Huma and to call her my friend.”
The redemption of John McCain - PostPartisan - The Washington Post
QuoteQuote:
But it is the robust defense of Abedin and the implied criticism of Bachmann that shows the best of McCain. He is willing to take on the lunatic fringe of his party — in the GOP, the fringe is pretty wide — showing once again that he has irrepressible core values. In this, he is like the man he replaced in the Senate, Barry Goldwater, the founder of the modern conservative movement. As he aged, Goldwater inched to the left, finally even embracing homosexual rights and heaping scorn and derision on the religious right. When the Rev. Jerry Falwell said “every good Christian” should be concerned about the nomination of Sandra Day O'Connor to the Supreme Court, Goldwater delicately rejoined, “Every good Christian ought to kick Falwell right in the ass."

Years have passed, and genders have changed, but that’s pretty much what McCain did to Bachmann. Must be an Arizona tradition.
07-19-2012, 07:50 AM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
I bet he would love to shoot Obama just like many other conservatives in the Marines AKA Patriots for America.
Board: Ax Marine Who Put Obama on Jackass Poster - General will make final decision on Sgt. Gary Stein
Wow , talk about a meaningless inuendo from left field.
07-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #15
Banned

Original Poster
Wow , talk about a meaningless inuendo from left field.
"Obama range targets! Great idea, glad I thought of it!"