Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GibbyTheMole Quote
I never paid much attention to the bloated bag of idiot-gas that is Rush Limbaugh. But I started actively ignoring him in earnest about the time he accused Michael J. Fox's of faking his Parkinson's Disease.

Rush is the Fred Phelps of the air. A pill-popping hypocritical hatemonger who should be ignored by anyone with half a functioning brain cell.
I'm not a fan of Rush Limbaugh, but if I recall correctly Mr. Fox went 'off his meds' in order to impress Congress with the severity of his condition.

Faking it? You be the judge, but I won't condemn anyone who says it is or it is not faking.

07-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
I'm not a fan of Rush Limbaugh, but if I recall correctly Mr. Fox went 'off his meds' in order to impress Congress with the severity of his condition.

Faking it? You be the judge, but I won't condemn anyone who says it is or it is not faking.
"On his meds" would actually be faking it. Meds provide an unnatural amelioration of a disease or illness.

BTW, Limbaugh subsequently apologized:

QuoteQuote:
"All I'm saying is I've never seen him the way he appears in this commercial for Claire McCaskill," says Limbaugh. "So I will bigly, hugely admit that I was wrong, and I will apologize to Michael J. Fox, if I am wrong in characterizing his behavior on this commercial as an act, especially since people are telling me they have seen him this way on other interviews and in other television appearances."
07-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I have a dinner.

I don't eat it, I put it in the refrigerator.

I then go to the soup kitchen and tell them I'm hungry.

Faking it?

The analogy is a bit unfair. I don't want to take a pill every day for the rest of MY life, with side effects, incomplete removal of symptoms, etc. ...but I'm not going to condemn Limbaugh on this one, when it's a bit grey, and when there are plenty of other much more egregious errors for which he should be condemned.
07-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not a good comparison. Can everyone eat your dinner? Some people can't take the meds. Some people - like my grandmother - the meds didn't help. Eat your dinner and your condition is "cured". MJF's condition cannot be cured, and he can only look toward further deterioration.

I agree, that (especially given the aforementioned apology) Limbaugh is guilty of far more severe journalistic and ethical sins, particularly his penchant for reporting fictitious "information" as fact, if it suits one of his agendas.

07-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Not a good comparison. Can everyone eat your dinner? Some people can't take the meds. Some people - like my grandmother - the meds didn't help. Eat your dinner and your condition is "cured". MJF's condition cannot be cured, and he can only look toward further deterioration.

I agree, that (especially given the aforementioned apology) Limbaugh is guilty of far more severe journalistic and ethical sins, particularly his penchant for reporting fictitious "information" as fact, if it suits one of his agendas.
The sad truth is, acording to an old interview (one of the few) eldouch himself admitted he was an "entertainer" and actually didn't really care for politics (semi-my interpretation).
his only "agenda" is to make money pandering to our fears.. which so happen to be mostly right related..
07-19-2012, 06:53 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
The sad truth is, acording to an old interview (one of the few) eldouch himself admitted he was an "entertainer" and actually didn't really care for politics (semi-my interpretation).
his only "agenda" is to make money pandering to our fears.. which so happen to be mostly right related..
I think that's spelled "elDouche"