Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #166
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Your answering comprehension pretty much sucks. You haven't come anywhere near answering the question I asked.
Neither the links you posted, the quotes you posted or your own diatribe had anything to do with my question.
99.9% of your posts are pointless diatribe with nothing factual to back it up. Your wit is about as sharp as a bowling ball in many of them.

Last edited by Blue; 07-27-2012 at 05:00 PM.
07-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #167
Site Supporter

71 year old store clerk beaten by knife wielding robbers

FL Store Clerk's Beating, Robbery Caught On Tape | digtriad.com

The knife wielding bandits forced him to open the register. However, that wasn't enough so they gave him a sever beating that put him in a trauma unit. They have been caught and apparently broke out of jail in Wisconsin.
07-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #168
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
FL Store Clerk's Beating, Robbery Caught On Tape | digtriad.com

The knife wielding bandits forced him to open the register. However, that wasn't enough so they gave him a sever beating that put him in a trauma unit. They have been caught and apparently broke out of jail in Wisconsin.
Good thing the clerk didn't have a gun. He could have been hurt!
07-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #169
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Looks to me, judging from all the supportive posts that blue puts up to defend his arguments that the USA is just plain uncivilized, and you people really do have a hate on for each other.
There aren't really any other logical explanations for what appears to be an epidemic of violent crime.

07-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #170
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Looks to me, judging from all the supportive posts that blue puts up to defend his arguments that the USA is just plain uncivilized, and you people really do have a hate on for each other.
There aren't really any other logical explanations for what appears to be an epidemic of violent crime.
Violent crime has been around a long time. Why don't you post some of your provincial and local city news? We could use an update on the cannibalism story and the 1st degree murder conviction of the Canadian judge that shot his wife. Will they hang him or just give him parole?
07-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #171
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Violent crime has been around a long time. Why don't you post some of your provincial and local city news? We could use an update on the cannibalism story and the 1st degree murder conviction of the Canadian judge that shot his wife. Will they hang him or just give him parole?
I don't think Canada has laws agains cruel and unusual punishment, so they will probably make him listen to endlss re-runs of Don Cherry and Hockey Night in Canada until his mind turns to mush, ehh?
07-31-2012, 07:22 PM   #172
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
I don't think Canada has laws agains cruel and unusual punishment,
Section 12 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, actually. This is why they had to send Justin Bieber south, obviously.

Section Twelve of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In fact, that rule was used to strike down a minimum 3 year sentence for gun possession, last February --
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/02/13/minimum-gun-sentence-cruel-and-unusual-punishment-judge

07-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #173
Veteran Member

Will they hang him or just give him parole?
No capital punishment in Canada.
07-31-2012, 08:28 PM   #174
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
No capital punishment in Canada.

I know. Think about the quip.
08-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #175
Veteran Member

It is really not the robber practicing his chosen profession that concerns me. It is the others around him and around the clerk. I don't see lots of other people milling around in this video as in the internet cafe, and this might have been a clearer case for using a firearm. In fact, using a gun on someone with a knife is probably safer all the way around, since the robber won't be spraying bullets around the store. One article I cited earlier seems to indicate that robbers wielding weapons other than firearms were actually more likely to inflict injury.
08-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #176
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
It is really not the robber practicing his chosen profession that concerns me. It is the others around him and around the clerk. I don't see lots of other people milling around in this video as in the internet cafe, and this might have been a clearer case for using a firearm. In fact, using a gun on someone with a knife is probably safer all the way around, since the robber won't be spraying bullets around the store. One article I cited earlier seems to indicate that robbers wielding weapons other than firearms were actually more likely to inflict injury.
The old man was beaten unconscious and ended up in a trauma unit in bad condition. You are stepping around the argument that you guys like to make about it complying to the wishes of cutthroats. You also have failed to acknowledge that Williams' actions helped get those Cafe Bandits off the streets which will curtail there criminal endeavors for a while. The fact is, when criminals ply their trade, they have already created and unsafe situation.

Mistreating the elderly will guarantee them 10 years and using the knife will guarantee them another 10 on top of everything else in this crime plus the other stuff later. Then they have to face whatever they were in Boy Scout Camp where the broke out in Wisconsin. They also have kidnapping charges and grand theft auto to face along with stealing fire arms.
08-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #177
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Mistreating the elderly will guarantee them 10 years and using the knife will guarantee them another 10 on top of everything else in this crime plus the other stuff later. Then they have to face whatever they were in Boy Scout Camp where the broke out in Wisconsin. They also have kidnapping charges and grand theft auto to face along with stealing fire arms.
I don't know about Florida, but in a lot of places they could likely plead all of that down to 6 months probation.
08-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #178
Veteran Member

The old man was beaten unconscious and ended up in a trauma unit in bad condition. You are stepping around the argument that you guys like to make about it complying to the wishes of cutthroats. You also have failed to acknowledge that Williams' actions helped get those Cafe Bandits off the streets which will curtail there criminal endeavors for a while. The fact is, when criminals ply their trade, they have already created and unsafe situation.

No one on this end is stepping around or skirting anything and I'm not going to rehash all the pages of this argument. Williams abd the people sitting around him were very lucky he shot at someone who couldn't or wouldn't shoot back, and what he did turned out well only because of that luck, but what he did was also not wise and poorly executed. Different situations call for different actions. In the situation of a clerk alone in a store with a knife-wielding bandit, the clerk will get no argument from me if he fires away.
08-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #179
Site Supporter

I don't know about Florida, but in a lot of places they could likely plead all of that down to 6 months probation.
Those 2 charges, they aren't likely to plead down.
08-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #180
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
No one on this end is stepping around or skirting anything and I'm not going to rehash all the pages of this argument. Williams abd the people sitting around him were very lucky he shot at someone who couldn't or wouldn't shoot back, and what he did turned out well only because of that luck, but what he did was also not wise and poorly executed. Different situations call for different actions. In the situation of a clerk alone in a store with a knife-wielding bandit, the clerk will get no argument from me if he fires away.
The Cafe Bandits couldn't or wouldn't shoot back? At the bare minimum, one of the Cafe Bandits had a ball bat and was using it to bust up the place. Plus, only the gun toting bandit said his .45 wouldn't work. Furthermore, they started the criminal felony act. Williams didn't shoot at people sitting in chairs. He still went 3 for 5. It is funny that the people that were there aren't the ones complaining.

As far as the Wisconsin Bandits go, they were armed against an unarmed 71 y.o. man. Plus, their presence on the street put many in danger. These guys were on a spree in Wisc before fleeing to FL. Who knows what they did in between.

Update: Fugitives suspected in brutal beating of convenience store clerk

You still ignored the fact that the Cafe Bandits are off the streets. The "firing" away comment is very naive. Plus, it is still they wait to see if the "hurt you bad or kill you" before you do something logic. The bad guys have already demonstrated they were willing to perpetrate mayhem in both cases.