Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
07-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #16
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
The 7.62x39 is more than adequate for white tail and the 5.56 (similar to .223) is a good varmint round most are target shooting.
I guess your a bad shot if you need 20 rounds to put down a deer.

07-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
I was on the US Army 172nd Brigade Rifle team in Alaska and have an Expert Badge with the M60 Machine Gun when I was in the Army but I don't get wet dreams like you thinking of assault weapons to have in my home.
Woopie. The M60 isn't an assault weapon, its a machine gun (not a sub-machine). You should know that. That expert badge would get you an adda boy in my family. All my center fire rifles are bolt actions expect for one Winchester lever action. I never did get into the poodle shooters like the AR or the commie guns like the AK and SKS. There are too many better rifles and cartridges out there.
07-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #18
Site Supporter

I guess your a bad shot if you need 20 rounds to put down a deer.
I didn't say anything about how many shots to shoot a dear. Frankly, it shouldn't take more than 1 maybe 2 for a follow up. I haven't hunted deer in 20 years but when I did, I actually used lever guns. I was just pointing out the ballistics of the commie round and the fact it is used for deer.
07-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #19
Banned

Original Poster
Woopie. The M60 isn't an assault weapon, its a machine gun (not a sub-machine). You should know that. That expert badge would get you an adda boy in my family. All my center fire rifles are bolt actions expect for one Winchester lever action. I never did get into the poodle shooters like the AR or the commie guns like the AK and SKS. There are too many better rifles and cartridges out there.
Were did I say the M60 is an assault weapon ? Do you get your cookies playing with your guns ? How old are you ? Grow up !

07-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #20
Site Supporter

Were did I say the M60 is an assault weapon ? Do you get your cookies playing with your guns ? How old are you ? Grow up !
You mentioned assault weapons in your wet dream comment. Cookies? Age? I think you need to go look in your mirror again.
07-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #21
Banned

Original Poster
You mentioned assault weapons in your wet dream comment. Cookies? Age? I think you need to go look in your mirror again.
Are you blind ? I posted M60 Machine Gun .
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/political-religious-discussion/193178-fou...ml#post2032198
07-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Nuts

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
so it should be legal for someone to go and buy a tank, a grenade launch vehicle, or some other "car" designed expressly to kill?
That's nuts and doesn't even enter the realms of the possible. Let's get real, OK!

07-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #23
Veteran Member

It all comes down to ignorant stupidity, buzz words, hype, political agendas, and general bullsh*t.

Most rifles suited for deer hunting could be classified as sniper rifles. My Remington Model 7 in .260 Remington is capable of putting 3 rounds in under 3/16" (0.174", think smaller than a deer's eyeball) at 100 yards and has better ballistics out to 1000 yards than .308 Winchester (7.62x51 NATO). That's totally legal as a bolt action.

The stupidity of using a flash suppressor and pistol grip as criteria for defining an assault rifle is idiotic. An SKS is not an assault rifle but fires the same cartridge as the AK-47, can be modified to accept magazines larger than 5 rounds, but otherwise looks like a semi-auto hunting rifle.

A semi-auto shotgun with a slug barrel is just as powerful at ranges under 200 yards asparagus hunting rifles and can put down better rates of fire than a bolt, pump, or lever rifle.

It amazes me how many libtards go crazy over these tragic events, but don't b*tch for a single second about the number of alcohol and drug related vehicle accidents or the number of people killed on motorcycles every single day.

Liberals: making a career out of hypocrisy and double standards.
Liberalism: ideas so good, they're mandatory.
07-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Focus on the root cause

I don't remember them getting their knickers bunched up over the terrorist that did the Ft. Hood shooting other than getting mad when people called him a terrorist.
Again, we are focusing on the weapon and not the criminal. Any weapon in the hands of a nut, criminal or radical is deadly, be it a rifle, hand gun, car, truck or what ever. I think we need to look at this whole thing without prejudice and deal with the basic cause of this incident, the person and their mental disabilities.
07-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #25
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
It amazes me how many libtards go crazy over these tragic events, but don't b*tch for a single second about the number of alcohol and drug related vehicle accidents or the number of people killed on motorcycles every single day.
I guess you missed the posts here about the retarded riders who think loud pipes save lives but don't want to wear a helmet. I bet most of the ones wanting to ride without a helmet are retarded conservatives.
07-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #26
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jimH Quote
Again, we are focusing on the weapon and not the criminal. Any weapon in the hands of a nut, criminal or radical is deadly, be it a rifle, hand gun, car, truck or what ever. I think we need to look at this whole thing without prejudice and deal with the basic cause of this incident, the person and their mental disabilities.
"A neighbor, Tom Mai, told The Los Angeles Times that Holmes was a shy, well-mannered kid who was very active in the church"
Ok, lets declare anyone who is shy, well-mannered and who was very active in the church as a nut case.
07-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #27
Site Supporter

Are you blind ? I posted M60 Machine Gun .
Do you have amnesia regarding what you wrote? You used them consecutively in a sentence.

I was on the US Army 172nd Brigade Rifle team in Alaska and have an Expert Badge with the M60 Machine Gun when I was in the Army but I don't get wet dreams like you thinking of assault weapons to have in my home.
You said this already in your first post.

"A neighbor, Tom Mai, told The Los Angeles Times that Holmes was a shy, well-mannered kid who was very active in the church"
Ok, lets declare anyone who is shy, well-mannered and who was very active in the church as a nut case.
07-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #28
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Okay, that's more cryptic than anything you've posted on the subject so far. If there is an actual point to this thread, please do us a favor and tell us what it is. The suspense is killing me.
07-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #29
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jimH Quote
48 Hr has a full court press on at the moment talking about the Glock 40 (which technically is incorrect because that is the caliber and not the model) and touting how powerful the civilian version of the M16 is and that it can shoot clean through a wall. The info babe mentioned that the congresswoman was shot with a .40 caliber Glock.

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Okay, that's more cryptic than anything you've posted on the subject so far. If there is an actual point to this thread, please do us a favor and tell us what it is. The suspense is killing me.
What ever it is, it must be important because he has said it twice.

Last edited by Blue; 07-20-2012 at 05:59 PM.
07-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #30
Site Supporter

Apparently the Perp had rigged his apartment with incendiary bombs and set a timer for loud music to play hoping for police to respond on a disturbance call. The idea was for the building to go up drawing fire, ambulance and police (i.e. as much first responder as possible) away from the theater. Fortunately, that part of the plan didn't work.
Closed Thread