Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #1

I need your help

Well GraphicGr8s is back after a 2 year hiatus.

Photography is one of the many expensive hobbies I have. (No this is not a request for money). I am also into woodworking and tropical fish. I am on many photography and fish forums as "GraphicsGr8s" One of the forums I am on for tropical fish Monsterfishkeepers.com is being sued by Monster Beverages for trademark infringement. It's the "David v Goliath syndrome. And it can happen anyplace. Even here at Pentax Forums.
The only help I am asking is for people to sign a petition located here: Petition: Monster Beverage Corporation: Do not sue Monster Fish Keepers for trademark infringement! | Change.org

Looking forward to talking with some old friends again. Jim, Jerry, Rupert, Blue, Peter and the rest of you guys.

George

07-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Ridiculous! When did 'Monster' become a trade mark? I remember an employment web site called Monster. What about Monster cables? Stupid law suit. Perhaps monster bev is just trying to get publicity.
07-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #3

Really? The logos don't even look alike, plus it isn't like they are in competition. A great example of corporate greed and stupidity. I've signed your petition.
07-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gp1806 Quote
Ridiculous! When did 'Monster' become a trade mark? I remember an employment web site called Monster. What about Monster cables? Stupid law suit. Perhaps monster bev is just trying to get publicity.
Actually, Monster Cables has a long history of suing other companies for including the name "Monster". I think they even reached a settlement with Disney for the Monsters, Inc. movie franchise. I'll stop now, rather than going on with a long rant about Monster Cable.

After checking out the 2 logos, it is abundantly clear to me that Monster Bev is simply looking to intimidate Monster Fish Keepers. Other than an elongated "m", the logos bear no other resemblance. Plus, as JenniferLeigh pointed out, the companies aren't in competition with each other, nor do they operate their businesses in anything approaching adjacent spheres.

Petition signed.

07-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks Jennifer. But it's not my petition. It is one of the other forums I am on though. When I first heard about it I realized if they could do this to Monster Aquarium it could happen to any one. Even Pentax Forums. And I thought that was important enough to break my hiatus. Drew Curtis, owner of Fark.com had something similar happen to him. And he fought it. And won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_lb3D7Ay-M

George

Last edited by graphicgr8s; 07-22-2012 at 06:53 PM.
07-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome back George . It's been so long , you need to fill us in so ahhhhh....
07-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Well speak of the Devil. How are things in North Cuba other than the Monster thing?

07-23-2012, 06:53 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Has it been 2 years wow ..... I'll sign the petition - you were the only one I ever went head to head in in a spirited debate and I miss that. Good luck.
07-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #9

Original Poster
Well Blue were you speaking of me? Not in a good way I hope. I;ve got a reputation to kill.

Thanks for signing Dave. After all in the long run it helps all of us out. That's what these trolls do.

Ciao.
07-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #10
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Well Blue were you speaking of me? Not in a good way I hope. I;ve got a reputation to kill.

Thanks for signing Dave. After all in the long run it helps all of us out. That's what these trolls do.

Ciao.
No, just had ran across on old PM on Sunday.
07-25-2012, 06:20 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Signed
07-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #12
Veteran Member

signed and forwarded to a prolific forwarder of emails in Australia so that should get a few more signatures. Why dont the fish people counter sue?
07-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
signed and forwarded to a prolific forwarder of emails in Australia so that should get a few more signatures. Why dont the fish people counter sue?
My guess would be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Monster Beverages is more likely than not a lot better funded than Monster Fish Keepers.
07-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Done as i'm a lurker on that site
08-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #15
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Anything I can do for an old pal like you George! My Raccoons love tropical fish and eat all they can find! If you can grow more, they will love those too!
Best Regards! ....good to see you again!
Rupert

Help raise a Raccoon family.....provide free tropical fish for their diet so I won't have to use so many of my Food Stamps on dog food!

The Mama in the middle...I told her all about you George, that's why she is smiling....I guess she is smiling?
[IMG] [/IMG]