Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Canada is doomed... (sorry guys)

QuoteQuote:
If Canada can, as it seems to promise, ignore the environment, cut regulations, and “drill, baby, drill,” Net Exports might be sufficient to support economic growth, (the German model).

But at what cost? Is reduced government spending which for a Monetarily Sovereign nation, costs nothing, worth reduced support for health care, post-secondary education, welfare and the environment?

Being Monetarily Sovereign, Canada can support any size government deficit, but can Canadians support support reductions in their health, education and environment?

My prediction: Unless Canadian Net Exports somehow rise to even higher levels than ever (probably requiring a major rape of the Canadian and world environment), the Canadian economy is doomed.

Monetarily non-sovereign governments, like the provinces (or American states), cannot spend, long term, more than their income. But, for a Monetarily Sovereign nation to run a balanced budget, much less a net surplus, is the height of suicidal lunacy.

Back in 2005, I predicted the euro nations were doomed (“Because of the Euro, no euro nation can control its own money supply. The Euro is the worst economic idea since the recession-era, Smoot-Hawley Tariff. The economies of European nations are doomed by the euro.“)

My prediction was based on reduced money supply. It took six years for the euro cracks to widen enough for the world to see. Canada’s cracks may not take that long.

Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
–Why Canada is Doomed

07-24-2012, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yeah, I can't wait to see the look on Wheatfields face when Canada becomes the 51st through 62nd states. Notice I left one out, as not even we want Quebec. Though for the bright side, I can help him open up a gun shop and at least he will be a rich former Canadian.
07-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
The whole article assumes that spending is all within the tax base. Unfortunately this is not the case. Health care especially is being diluted due to people not understanding that spending health care out of tax base undermines the service.

A for Canada being doomed, I doubt this is the case. Canada has survived because we have a separate currency and because we have things other nations covet. Oil, Gas, Minerals, Water, Food.......... Our greatest problem is not Canada, but allowing foreign owners of these resources, especially ones who will use these resources (read this as the Chinese ) to undermine our base industry with cheaply made products, using some of the dirtiest fuels, and no environmental policy at all. Let alone occupational safety for their workers
07-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Yeah, I can't wait to see the look on Wheatfields face when Canada becomes the 51st through 62nd states. Notice I left one out, as not even we want Quebec. Though for the bright side, I can help him open up a gun shop and at least he will be a rich former Canadian.
I had just taken a swallow of Diet Coke. You owe me a new keyboard!

07-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I had just taken a swallow of Diet Coke. You owe me a new keyboard!
Don't worry - Diet Coke isn't sticky because it has no sugar.
07-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't worry - Diet Coke isn't sticky because it has no sugar.
No, it's simulated sticky
07-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
Site Supporter

We could trade Quebec to the French for some cheese and wine.

07-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
We could trade Quebec to the French for some cheese and wine.
If we kept it, we'd have all the whine we could stand. Oh, you said wine. Sorry!
07-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Funny, most Americans I meet seem to think Quebec IS Canada. It's usually the only part they've visited, and they have the ignorant idea that their experience in Quebec is somehow representative of the rest of Canada. It is not.

As for being assimilated by the U.S., a great many of us will be dead before that could ever happen, and ours would not be the only losses. It isn't going to happen, at least not in any of our lifetimes. I'd like to think that the rest of the civilized world would not sit by idly during that kind of war, either.
07-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #10
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote
Funny, most Americans I meet seem to think Quebec IS Canada. It's usually the only part they've visited, and they have the ignorant idea that their experience in Quebec is somehow representative of the rest of Canada. It is not.

As for being assimilated by the U.S., a great many of us will be dead before that could ever happen, and ours would not be the only losses. It isn't going to happen, at least not in any of our lifetimes. I'd like to think that the rest of the civilized world would not sit by idly during that kind of war, either.
Actually some of think of Doug and Bob Mckenzie. On a serious note, War is not how a state comes into the Union.
07-25-2012, 06:54 AM   #11
Veteran Member

On a serious note, War is not how a state comes into the Union.
Any attempt to assimilate us, even if that attempt were from within, would result in war (civil or otherwise). They'd probably call it "terrorism", but it would be war for the purpose of preserving our sovereignty.
07-25-2012, 07:00 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My impression is actually that most americans have no idea what is above the border, because even the weather maps shown by the US networks show that the weather itself does not exist above the boarder.

Actually some of think of Doug and Bob Mckenzie.
an image that even I try to impress upon as many as possible. things like this, or conveying that canada is a frozen wasteland are a national duty of canadians abroad.

As for canada becoming part of the US, it already is, from a strategic defense point of view, in fact, canada is the part that will have all the russian rockets fall, when they are shot out of the sky. why do you think eisenhower put all the early warning system in the canadian artic in the first place
07-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #13
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
My impression is actually that most americans have no idea what is above the border, because even the weather maps shown by the US networks show that the weather itself does not exist above the boarder.
That's not true. The maps here clearly show that almost all of the crappy winter weather we get starts in Canada, and then you guys send it to us. Thanks a lot!
07-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #14
Site Supporter

Any attempt to assimilate us, even if that attempt were from within, would result in war (civil or otherwise). They'd probably call it "terrorism", but it would be war for the purpose of preserving our sovereignty.
I will repeat it: that is not how a state comes into the union. It requires elections, not war. There is a procedure in the Constitution for that. A Provence would have to secede from Canada first. Then there would be a long drawn out procedure. Any civil war would be among you Canadians. War is required to leave the Union and that is also a long drawn out process.
07-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #15
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote

an image that even I try to impress upon as many as possible. things like this, or conveying that canada is a frozen wasteland are a national duty of canadians abroad.

As for canada becoming part of the US, it already is, from a strategic defense point of view, in fact, canada is the part that will have all the russian rockets fall, when they are shot out of the sky. why do you think eisenhower put all the early warning system in the canadian artic in the first place
For those wonder who Doug and Bob are

Closed Thread