Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2012, 06:51 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Wedding photographer gets sued!

Gary Fong speaks about a wedding photographer who makes three fatal mistakes:
1) Takes the job sans contract
2) Shoots to burn
3) Attorney's wedding

This is unbelievable and I hope this attorney gets disbarred as a result of his frivolous lawsuit.

Let this be a warning to the rest of us!

07-25-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
did anyone post the name of the attorney? what a an abuse of his profession!

I think all the future engaged couples with a lawyer in the family may have a hard time finding a photographer due to this case, lol.
07-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #3
Veteran Member

That letter is disgusting.
07-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Thanks for this video, Gary Fong is pretty hilarious.

07-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I'd be talking to my local police department/prosecuting attorney about blackmail and extortion charges.
07-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Perfect example of "slime ball lawyer"but i wonder why this letter was sent even after 1000+ Facebook postings with positive comments?
What lawyer-partner has such poor penmanship?
Did the couple run out of money on the wedding?
Will they be getting a divorce now?
Is this "lawyer" one of those Nigerian scammers?
What will the judge and jury say?
Is this on TMZ?

*note* >>>>
07-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Either the letter is fake drummed up by someone who is looking for attention or the person who wrote the letter is not an attorney as noted. I have seen plenty of attorney letters (hundreds upon hundreds of them) and I can assure you 100% that an attorney did not write that letter as spoken by fong, not a "real" attorney anyways.
07-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #8
Veteran Member

My guess is this guy is a one horse lawyer and that he's the only partner in his firm if he's actually a lawyer at all. He saw an opportunity to sue someone and make a few bucks. (30K. You could have a decent wedding for that now couldn't you? Perhaps that is his way of paying himself back for the event?) Obviously, it's a scam and a stupid one at that. Anyone who'd post supposedly horrible pics, 1000 of them mind you on Facebook to rave reviews, and then claim they are bad isn't operating with a full deck. The evidence is there, on the server and saved to disc that they liked them and showed them off. Case closed. Unless he's got a judge he can bribe this case is going nowhere. But this is one reason I won't deal with weddings. All the lunatic shiz that comes with doing them.

I never take pics without a contract and a model release if necessary. The client may get a disc but I edit and present and they sign off that they are happy with the photos at the bottom of the contract before I will even release them. No one gets to see the bad shots but me. I get it in writing. That's not negotiable. I don't just hand off all the photos sans editing. Moreover I carefully interview every client. I sit down with them and really discuss what they want. None of this take the job via phone crap that some photographers do. If I don't like the client usually there's a reason for it and I will decline the shoot. I'm not a prima donna photographer. I won't have prima donna clients. I won't deal with Bridezillas or Groomzillas.

I'm in this to have fun and make some $$$ not to deal with divas and scam artists and I make that very clear from the get go that I just won't go there. I always figure if I'm straight with clients they'll be straight with me and if they're going to be trouble I don't want to deal with them anyhow. Mostly I stay away from high pressure shoots, particularly weddings though. That is just so not my thing. I feel sorry for the photographer but this guy has a point. Always get it in writing. Cover your arse legally. Every, single, time.

Last edited by magkelly; 07-26-2012 at 12:08 AM.
07-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Never mind the fact that the photographer allegedly shoot a wedding without the contract but he handed over all the photos! I don't know a single photographer, in their right mind, that would do that.

I still wonder if this is a true story and if so, I want to know who this alleged attorney is.

It's not too unbelievable though... remember the Judge that sued a Korean Dry Cleaner for a million dollars? The despicable judge put this Korean family through hell!
07-26-2012, 01:23 AM   #10
JFN
Veteran Member

Anyone who have seen the shots?
07-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Either the letter is fake drummed up by someone who is looking for attention or the person who wrote the letter is not an attorney as noted. I have seen plenty of attorney letters (hundreds upon hundreds of them) and I can assure you 100% that an attorney did not write that letter as spoken by fong, not a "real" attorney anyways.
I watched the video and saw images of the letters. Fong paraphrased it, but I've never seen such unprofessional attorney correspondence.

Fong is going to testify at the trial as an expert witness, on behalf of the defendant.
07-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Did this guy buy his law degree from the back of a comic?
07-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #13
Veteran Member

You guys, Gary Fong updated on his youtube that the attorney is indeed suing the wife as well and states that "this is escalating".
07-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

is Gary at band practice??
07-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
is Gary at band practice??
He used to be a musician before he disbanded it and went into photography. Seems like he still plays with music as hobby from the background in the video.