Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Team Romney: Americans Don’t Care About Foreign Press | TPM2012

Basically they're saying "Our candidate Willard is taking a trip that no one will care about to burnish his foreign policy credentials that no one is going to base their vote on."

07-27-2012, 06:28 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
One of the iconic images of London’s troubles was Winnick’s cutting exchange with the head of the G4S security group earlier this month after the company failed to provide enough Olympics workers, forcing the British military to step in.

“It’s a humiliating shambles for the country, isn’t it?” Winnick demanded of Nick Buckles after the CEO offered a groveling mea culpa on live TV, repeating the charge until Buckles could not deny that it was.

But even Winnick winced when he heard what Romney had to say.

“These are internal matters that would be well dealt with under our own democratic system,” he said. “There is a feeling, and I’m sure it applies in the United States, that ... families can quarrel bitterly in private, but should anyone from the outside have a go, the family is united. In other words: ‘Mind your own business.’”
sorry it is still funny.. Maybe it was a case of "reverse psychology.. how foxy....

Mitt Romney does the impossible: Gets Brits to stop moaning and start cheering about Olympics - The Washington Post
QuoteQuote:
The Telegraph reported as follows:

"Mitt Romney has emphasised his English ancestry after a gaffe-filled day in London, declaring himself to be “a guy from Great Britain” who is “married to a girl from Wales”."

I'm quite sure the birthers will want to see his birth certificate after this
07-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
for fun:

Well.. not so fun................
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77okLyAooCA&feature=player_embedded#!
07-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
That was kind of what I was alluding to. They both get . . . 0 Electoral Votes out of 0 at stake.
What they do get though, is the knowledge that they have bought the president if Romney gets elected. I find it interesting that so much is made about the place of birth because of the possibility of mixed loyalties with a foreign county, and so little is made of foreigners literally buying off a presidential candidate.

07-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not *really* wanting to play the religion card, but the LDS Church sends equally-incomprehending young lads to every door in America for decades upon decades and still don't get it how 'Maybe if *no one* is impressed by your standards... Maybe it's *you.*
07-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
What they do get though, is the knowledge that they have bought the president if Romney gets elected. I find it interesting that so much is made about the place of birth because of the possibility of mixed loyalties with a foreign county, and so little is made of foreigners literally buying off a presidential candidate.
The money raised by both sides overseas is from ex-pats so it's not exactly foreigners.
07-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I'm not *really* wanting to play the religion card, .*
then why do you feel you have to even mention it? This type of comment would brand a Republican poster as a bigot but I guess you will get a free pass.

07-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
then why do you feel you have to even mention it? This type of comment would brand a Republican poster as a bigot but I guess you will get a free pass.

Actually cause I think it has a whole lot to do with Romney's blithe sense of willfully-ignorant self-righteous plutocratic entitlement and total insensitivity to *everyone else's actual situations and reactions. *

When he was Governor of my state, I called him 'Guy Smiley,' and that wasn't cause he ever wagged his arms around.

He doesn't even *get it* when he offends everyone on the planet. Less even than Bush. Who huhuhuh, Beavised about it.

He has *no* comprehension, never mind respect for anyone.
07-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #24
Site Supporter

There was plenty of foreign loot that went into the last election. I think it should be outlawed regardless of party. I would have like to see limits on spending but that went out the window last election.

Edit: Back on topic, some Brits acknowledged that there were security issues and military has been used to fill the gaps.
08-05-2012, 05:53 AM   #25
Veteran Member

There were 'security issues' in that the private security firm contracted for the event let the government down. The idea that this would ultimately be allowed to reduce security at the games, that the government wasn't easily capable of resolving the situation, is where Willard was wrong. It was a bizarre thing for him to say, and the backpedalling he had to do the following day was hilarious.

Did he and his wife attend the opening ceremony as they had planned?

As an aside, go team GB! We're winning a disproportionate number of medals. Ah well, if the government's going to waste huge amounts of money on sports spending, at least it's nice to get a bit of bling in return.
08-05-2012, 06:11 AM   #26
Pentaxian

OK, who here thinks if Mittt was in their front room, they wouldn't throw him out in 5 minutes. I mean really, I hated GW Bush... but I would have enjoyed a barbecue with him. He was a good old baseball loving beer drinking kind of guy, even if he had to quit drinking. Now Mitt... where are the redeeming characteristics? What is it about Romney I'm supposed to look at and say "well he hasn't got a clue about foreign policy, he panders to the rich.. he's so arrogant and conceited I'd probably want to punch him out but he < insert his good points here.> Honestly, I'm never seen a politician so bereft of appeal. I need some right wing perspectives here to tell me what the attraction is.
08-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
OK, who here thinks if Mittt was in their front room, they wouldn't throw him out in 5 minutes. I mean really, I hated GW Bush... but I would have enjoyed a barbecue with him. He was a good old baseball loving beer drinking kind of guy, even if he had to quit drinking. Now Mitt... where are the redeeming characteristics? What is it about Romney I'm supposed to look at and say "well he hasn't got a clue about foreign policy, he panders to the rich.. he's so arrogant and conceited I'd probably want to punch him out but he < insert his good points here.> Honestly, I'm never seen a politician so bereft of appeal. I need some right wing perspectives here to tell me what the attraction is.

What, you don't think you'd like this guy?

(In case you haven't seen that photo - that's Romney in the center with some of his Bain buddies, laughing at the poor saps who's company he drained of credit and capital on the way out the door. )

Now, why wouldn't anyone enjoy that guy's company?
08-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #28
Veteran Member

08-06-2012, 01:36 AM   #29
Veteran Member

so much is made about the place of birth because of the possibility of mixed loyalties with a foreign county,
I really have to wonder if the only real loyalty these folks have is to the interests of global capitalism and that they see the interests of the traditional nation state as an impediment to these interests.
08-06-2012, 05:29 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
The money raised by both sides overseas is from ex-pats so it's not exactly foreigners.
Since the list of donors is not made public, how do you know it isn't foreigners?