Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Since the list of donors is not made public, how do you know it isn't foreigners?
Well by the same token shouldn't all candidates for President then be forbidden from raising funds for their campaigns and be forced to only campaign with federal funding only since the donor lists are not public information and a foreigner may already be donating to them?

08-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
Well by the same token shouldn't all candidates for President then be forbidden from raising funds for their campaigns and be forced to only campaign with federal funding only since the donor lists are not public information and a foreigner may already be donating to them?
yes..............
08-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #33
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
yes..............
I agree with that also
08-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dankoBanana Quote
I agree with that also
To make gokenin feel better.. "we" will put his tax money in the "Defense Dept Trust Fund" and use "mine" for campaigning.. I'm sure he is worried about who pays for it.......

08-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
Yes, and I don't think a lot of people will disagree with that. IMHO, the Citizens United decision was one of the worst ever. I personally wish it would be a scenario where neither candidate received donations and they had to run/campaign using only the federal funds. I know, this seems simplistic, but look at what is happening now.
08-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #36
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Romney was a community organizer back in the 90s. Who knew.

snopes.com: Romney Business Partner Daughter Search
08-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Romney was a community organizer back in the 90s. Who knew.

snopes.com: Romney Business Partner Daughter Search
I'm getting out my violin................ sorry.. as happy as I am about a happy ending.. they gave up very little.. Certainly not more than they can "afford" and got a whole bunch of touchy feeley advertising out of it..

HOW MANY actually give a rip now that "their kind" was found.???? THAT would be a story.. Like opening the "Bain shelter on skid row".. Naaaahhhh i'm pretty sure that didn't happen..

Not to "crash" a good story.........
QuoteQuote:
But several acquaintances of the teen who knew her well at the time and have not spoken publicly before told The Daily a different story: one of a rebellious adolescent in a moment of high-spirited escapism who hid from her parents in relative safety in an upscale New Jersey town.

And they credited the group of new friends she made during her disappearance, including a boyfriend, as the ones who ultimately encouraged Melissa Gay — daughter of Romney’s colleague at private equity firm Bain Capital — to head home to her panicked family.

“Did Mitt Romney ‘save’ this girl? No,” said Doug Becker, the then-boyfriend and now a 32-year-old pastor in the same town of Rockaway, N.J. “But I do think what spurred her going home was the kind of coverage it was getting, and I think [Romney] was pretty responsible for that.”
MITT?S RUNAWAY TALE - The Daily

Best argue w/ the PASTOR.. bwahahahahahaha

Actually it should be:
bwahahahahahaha

QuoteQuote:
Becker said he and his group befriended the Connecticut stray, spent the week with her in Montville Township, N.J., and even helped line up a job for her at a telemarketing call center in nearby Pinebrook, N.J., just in case she wanted to stay. By all accounts, the teen won a large number of friends in Montville in a short time.
A few days later, Becker said he and friend Caroline Mok caught wind of the unusual search party looking for a missing teenage girl.
“We were eating at Subway, and we heard about it and Missy hadn’t,” Becker said. “Caroline was like, ‘You tell her,’ and Missy said, ‘Tell me what?’ and Caroline said, ‘You’re in the news.’”
Reality set in. “I kind of remember the look on Missy’s face and it was almost like, ‘This figures.’ ”
The teens decided Becker would drive Gay home the next morning. “I was elected as the one to do that,” he said. “I was closest to her and we wanted to be together one last day.”

But later that night, as Gay and 17-year-old Becker sneaked into an upstairs room at his parents’ house in Towaco, N.J., to listen to music, the police arrived. A youth from the area had called a tip line inquiring about a reward, then quickly hung up; police had traced the call back to New Jersey.
Blue, you are too gullible...........
QuoteQuote:
Their efforts quickly paid off in the form of a phone call from a private residence in Montville, New Jersey, where it turned out Melissa was staying with acquaintances.
http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/mittromney/a/Mitt-Romneys-Character.htm

Last edited by jeffkrol; 08-07-2012 at 12:16 PM.
08-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #38
Site Supporter

I'm getting out my violin................ sorry.. as happy as I am about a happy ending.. they gave up very little.. Certainly not more than they can "afford" and got a whole bunch of touchy feeley advertising out of it..

HOW MANY actually give a rip now that "their kind" was found.???? THAT would be a story.. Like opening the "Bain shelter on skid row".. Naaaahhhh i'm pretty sure that didn't happen..

Not to "crash" a good story.........

MITT?S RUNAWAY TALE - The Daily

Best argue w/ the PASTOR.. bwahahahahahaha

Actually it should be:
bwahahahahahaha

Blue, you are too gullible...........
If you scroll down to the 11 May 2012 update on the Snopes page I linked before calling someone gullible, you would see that the link you posted was there. That aside, she was still a 14 y.o.

Last edited by Blue; 08-07-2012 at 12:27 PM.
08-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Original Poster
If you scroll down to the 11 May 2012 update on the Snopes page I linked before calling someone gullible, you would see that the link you posted was there. That aside, she was still a 14 y.o.
Yep.. 14yr old Oligarch children are important ..............As to "community organizer" .. more like "Country Club" organizer...

Your whole "implication" in your orig post is faulty and pointless..

I'm still looking for the "Mittens fund for runaways".............. effing hypocrites...........

and sure the usual "fine print" at the bottom of the page...

AND the fact it lists it as "rumor" (the truth that is) pretty well destroys the credibility of the source.. It should be 5 plus PARAGRAPHS of "rumor and urban legend" and oh by the way the truth is .. she was staying w/ friends, running away from her silver spoon..

Hey you can't EVEN file a "missing persons" in less than 48 hours (I'd have to check) and if it was the 99% they would say.. Oh she'll come home, if not you got 6 others, we don't have the funds to track EVERY runaway down.......... (sarcasm)

Selecting their search effort as their top accomplishment in 1996 is probably true, since they effectively accomplish nothing of VALUE but pi$$ing money onto themselves... (sorry more sarcasm)
Not every runaway has the advantage of a city wide manhunt funded by multi-corporate treasuries

Last edited by jeffkrol; 08-07-2012 at 12:59 PM.
08-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #40
Site Supporter

Yep.. 14yr old Oligarch children are important ..............As to "community organizer" .. more like "Country Club" organizer...

Your whole "implication" in your orig post is faulty and pointless..

I'm still looking for the "Mittens fund for runaways".............. effing hypocrites...........

and sure the usual "fine print" at the bottom of the page...

AND the fact it lists it as "rumor" (the truth that is) pretty well destroys the credibility of the source.. It should be 5 plus PARAGRAPHS of "rumor and urban legend" and oh by the way the truth is .. she was staying w/ friends, running away from her silver spoon..

Hey you can't EVEN file a "missing persons" in less than 48 hours (I'd have to check) and if it was the 99% they would say.. Oh she'll come home, if not you got 6 others, we don't have the funds to track EVERY runaway down.......... (sarcasm)

Selecting their search effort as their top accomplishment in 1996 is probably true, since they effectively accomplish nothing of VALUE but pi$$ing money onto themselves... (sorry more sarcasm)
Not every runaway has the advantage of a city wide manhunt funded by multi-corporate treasuries
She was 14 y.o., plus it was 3 days. However, the age alone would trigger a search. I see missing reports on the bottom 25% all the time here. Apparently you have never raised kids. However, I can tell you I would been all over looking for my daughter or sons. However, you totally missed the point in that I never realized Romney had been a community organizer.
08-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Romney had been a community organizer.
Using that term QUITE loosely aren't you??? you don't "community organize" STAFF..............

And yes I completely understand their fear and the principal EXCEPT most of the time the lower 99% find them in the cornfield .. or never.. not "at friends".....
Nor is a million dollar "army" invoked.... I'd walk the fields looking for his daughter but to give it some DEEP credit, while having the resources they had..pleeeaaassssee spare me..
QuoteQuote:
By the end of 2005, there were 109,531 active missing person records according to the US Department of Justice. Children under the age of 18 account for 58,081 (53.03%) of the records and 11,868 (10.84%) were for young adults between the ages of 18 and 20

What has "mittens" w/ his vast wealth, done for them lately?????????????

Lets just speculate for a bit.. I walk into Bain and ask to see Mitt because my 14 yr old gay Islamic daughter from CA is missing.... What do you think would his response be except to say.. Hey contact the authorities, were conducting business here...........Do YOU believe he would muster the might and power of Bain to help me??? Lets just say "I" wouldn't count on it.

sorry to me the "heroic Mittens" is even more disgusting than the "Bain Mittens"....but that is just me...............

Last edited by jeffkrol; 08-07-2012 at 03:30 PM.
08-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #42
Site Supporter

Using that term QUITE loosely aren't you??? you don't "community organize" STAFF..............

And yes I completely understand their fear and the principal EXCEPT most of the time the lower 99% find them in the cornfield .. or never.. not "at friends".....
Nor is a million dollar "army" invoked.... I'd walk the fields looking for his daughter but to give it some DEEP credit, while having the resources they had..pleeeaaassssee spare me..

What has "mittens" w/ his vast wealth, done for them lately?????????????

Lets just speculate for a bit.. I walk into Bain and ask to see Mitt because my 14 yr old gay Islamic daughter from CA is missing.... What do you think would his response be except to say.. Hey contact the authorities, were conducting business here...........Do YOU believe he would muster the might and power of Bain to help me??? Lets just say "I" wouldn't count on it.

sorry to me the "heroic Mittens" is even more disgusting than the "Bain Mittens"....but that is just me...............
If he knew you, I bet he would help. Of course if you walk into Bain the 13 years, he wouldn't be there anymore than bho won't be in Bill Ayers' living room. If I needed help finding my kid, I would go to people I know for help. If your daughter was Islamic and gay, my only concern would be that you aren't into sharia law.
08-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Original Poster
help finding my kid
and after they find your kid would the heros then spread a PR blitz twisting the REAL story, which was actually a non-story ????? I think not... I rest my case.........

Oh I suppose the story is a bunch of REALLY wealthy white men having concern for "their own"...nope still not much of a "story".........

Still awiating the "mittens abused and missing childrens foundation" seeing the "amount of lost souls" out there..... Insted he fights over paying too much "property tax" on a house in CA that looks like he is going to tear down.. And to be honest IF he is planning on tearing it down AND STILL pd 12mil in cash the VALUE of the property is 12 mil..
QuoteQuote:
The Romney campaign referred all questions about their La Jolla property taxes to Matthew A. Peterson, a lobbyist and attorney who helped the Romneys find the home. He has also guided them through the complex permit process for demolishing the home and rebuilding on the site.
Cheap ase saved
QuoteQuote:
the Romneys have saved about $109,000 in property taxes over four years.
What is that like one day of interest for him.............

Lets have some fun w/ the real story shall we..

QuoteQuote:
reporter: So was Mittens a real hero???
Bain employee.. well actually it is quite funny. We shut the corporation down to find a child who it turns out was really only doing a bit of teenage rebellion... 200,000 flyers and about 1 mil in "lost wages" later he he well aren't we embarrassed...but you never know... Lots of lost souls out there.. Believe me we punished her good.. Exile to the Hamptons for the summer AND we cut her college fund down to UNDER 1million...
EVEN funnier, she never was in any real danger, except to associate w "real" people... ha ha, guess the joke was on us..
THAT should have been the end of the story... instead the urban legend continues..............
QuoteQuote:

It has, naturally, shown up in a campaign commercial.

In 1998 the 14-year-old daughter of one of Romney's partners at Bain Capital, Robin Gay, had disappeared after attending a rave party in New York City. The distraught father was beside himself with terror of what may have happened to his little girl.

Upon hearing of this, Romney stopped all operations at Bain and flew himself and all of the company's employees to New York to conduct the search. Using his contacts with establishments in New York that did business with Bain and an outlay of cash, Romney led a search for the girl from a command post he had set up in the LaGuardia Marriott that involved a private detective, Bain employees and customers putting up posters, handing out flyers, and interviewing prostitutes, drug addicts, and other street people in New York, and coordination with the New York Police.

A break came, after media publicity of the search, when a teenage boy called a tip line asking if there was a reward. He hung up, but not before the police traced the call to a home in New Jersey. The girl was found in the basement of the house undergoing withdraws from a hit of ecstasy.

Romney, through his efforts, had saved the girl's life.

Most corporate CEOs do not do heroic things unless they served in a war during their youth. Most people in Romney's position would not have dropped everything and exerted every effort to help a business partner and a friend.

There are a number of takeaways from this story. One is that it goes against the image that Romney's enemies paint of him as a cold, unfeeling automaton. On the other hand it speaks to a relentless zeal to bring every analytical ability and resource to bear to solve a problem.

Romney rescuing a young girl may not be the same as leading an army in war, like Washington, Andrew Jackson, Grant, or Eisenhower, or charging up San Juan Hill, like Teddy Roosevelt, or commanding PT 109, like JFK. But it will do nicely as another reason to make Romney president. He is not a colorful, charismatic hero but he is one nevertheless.
http://news.yahoo.com/mitt-romney-saved-girls-life-means-203300200.html

G,.A.R.B.A.G.E, and some want garbage in the white house...........

more garbage.. I'm not going to even bother w/ the "boaters" story, having read about the Coast Guard watching Mitt's house..................
http://michiganformitt.net/2012/02/26/video-mitt-romney-saved-boaters-teenage-girl/

The real "tell" though.............
“Mr. Robertson said the passengers were uninjured and were fine after the rescue, because of the ”good response of the people nearby.”

Last edited by jeffkrol; 08-07-2012 at 09:43 PM.
08-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Original Poster
IN "Mittens own words......best you think about it's implications in "other' areas..............
QuoteQuote:
This, according to Mitt Romney himself, who suggested Tuesday the list could be a ruse. “You don’t think that we would be so silly as to not provide, from time to time, the capacity to throw people off, do you?
New Poll Puts Mitt Romney In The Deep End (The Note) - ABC News

Hmmm.............................
08-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
"My city had the bestest Olympics of all time! And I did it all by myself!"
Actually, now we know he did it with about $1.3bn in government money. Critics: Romney didn't engineer Olympics turnaround by himself As Gov. Romney said to Congress in 2001, "Without question, we simply could not host Games in Salt Lake if it were not for the enormous spending and services of the Federal government"

- THE 2002 WINTER OLYMPICS IN SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH: COOPERATION BETWEEN FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND PRIVATE AGENCIES TO ADDRESS PUBLIC SAFETY CONCERNS