Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Some Republicans were great!

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
... If you are going to call Obama a bad president, when is the last time we had a good one?

Teddy certainly didn't dodge the draft like Dubya and Romney.

Also, this guy accomplished a few things:

But when I take inventory... I honestly think Obama is a very good president. His mistakes were mistakes of politics, not policy. And he was dealt the toughest hand in two generations.

08-02-2012, 05:56 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Lincoln did accomplish some remarkable things, but shredded the constitution to do so. I guess it could be looked upon as the ends justifying the means. Too bad he didn't live long enough to enjoy the fruits of his labor.
08-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Teddy certainly didn't dodge the draft like Dubya and Romney.
I also like TR, but he did have his less good sides... for example his racist one-man foreign policy set the stage for Japanese militarism that came back to bite some decades later...

Also, where's FDR amongst the top presidents of the past century? Certainly he also had his foibles, but a great leader he was.

Eisenhower is pretty good - under him we started the national highway infrastructure investment that arguably did more for the US economy than any other thing.

Nixon from this distance is starting to seem like a classic tragic figure. He accomplished some good things; yet, not only Watergate, but the way he manipulated the Viet Nam war was pretty shameful.
08-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
I also like TR, but he did have his less good sides... for example his racist one-man foreign policy set the stage for Japanese militarism that came back to bite some decades later...

Also, where's FDR amongst the top presidents of the past century? Certainly he also had his foibles, but a great leader he was.

Eisenhower is pretty good - under him we started the national highway infrastructure investment that arguably did more for the US economy than any other thing.

Nixon from this distance is starting to seem like a classic tragic figure. He accomplished some good things; yet, not only Watergate, but the way he manipulated the Viet Nam war was pretty shameful.
FDR was the consummate politician. While I agree he did a very good job in office, like Lincoln, he had little regard for the constitution unless it suited his purpose. As for Nixon, Watergate was bad, but I still get pissed off at the way he handled Vietnam.