Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
Forum Member

Canon Autofocus Tests

Great article that explains some of the problems that Canon had to solve to improve AF.

This is the third part of the series.

Interesting read, especially the part where the motor was holding back AF accuracy.

Autofocus Reality Part 3B: Canon Cameras - Imaging Resource

What do you think are the next steps to improve Pentax's autofocus system?

08-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

That is an interesting read.

But perhaps really precise focusing is not that necessary depending on the aperture. for really knife edge dof, then one either needs top notch AF or manual focusing like the macro folks do. Lot of pentax folks say its the large diameter focus sensor is the problem. I usually use a larger dof for my theatre shooting, and don't see a problem with AF - quite repeatable too, provided the light is not dim.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af, autofocus, canon