Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
don't raise minimum wage

did I get your attention? Surprising from a known "liberal"???

There a better alternatives.............

–I’m really surprised to find myself disagreeing with Marshall Auerback about minimum wage

All 5 of Mr. Auerback’s goals can be accomplished with the following nine steps, none of which involve minimum wage:

1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Medicare — parts A, B & D — for everyone
3. Send every American citizen an annual check for $5,000 or give every state $5,000 per capita (Click here)
4. Long-term nursing care for everyone
5. Free education (including post-grad) for everyone
6. Salary for attending school (Click here)
7. Eliminate corporate taxes
8. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually
9. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America

In short, the solutions lie with added government deficit spending, not with added burdens to business.

08-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Then let's really solve the economic problems. Nobody has to ever pay for anything. Just walk into any store, or use any service, take anything you want, and at the end of every month the stores (or service providers) can send the government a bill for the goods and services. The government can send them a check and just print enough money to cover it. Why, it's brilliant!
08-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Then let's really solve the economic problems. Nobody has to ever pay for anything. Just walk into any store, or use any service, take anything you want, and at the end of every month the stores (or service providers) can send the government a bill for the goods and services. The government can send them a check and just print enough money to cover it. Why, it's brilliant!
Can't you come up w/ something better than
QuoteQuote:
Reductio ad absurdum (Latin: "reduction to absurdity") is a common form of argument in which a proposition is purported to be disproved by reduction to absurdity in reasoning or consequence.[1][2]
maybe a strawman one..
QuoteQuote:
Reductio ad absurdum is contrasted with the straw man logical fallacy. A straw man argument relies on constructing an argument against an inaccurate representation of the original proposition.
Actually I think you did both....... BRAVO.

PROVE it wrong ................ that is all it takes......
08-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Can't you come up w/ something better than
QuoteQuote:
Reductio ad absurdum (Latin: "reduction to absurdity") is a common form of argument in which a proposition is purported to be disproved by reduction to absurdity in reasoning or consequence.[1][2]
Well not on such short notice. Geeze!

maybe a strawman one..
QuoteQuote:
Reductio ad absurdum is contrasted with the straw man logical fallacy. A straw man argument relies on constructing an argument against an inaccurate representation of the original proposition.
Actually I think you did both....... BRAVO.
Thank you. It was tough carrying something to that extreme

PROVE it wrong ................ that is all it takes......
Prove my idea wrong..................that is all it takes....

(Just havin' a little fun, Jeff. I'm no economist and have no clue as to what would work and what wouldn't.)