Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2006, 04:59 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Forum quandry...

Hi!

Does anyone else follow more than one forum? How do you do it?

I really love the format of this forum, with the separation of threads into categories and sticky posts, the number of views metric, the members list, etc. But keeping up here and 'the other' place is getting hard to do!

09-19-2006, 05:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi Tracy,
Yeah too much forum overload sometimes. It is hard to keep up....but still fun, and if it isn't fun any more....take a loooong break.

Scott
09-19-2006, 07:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Other Forums

I have about three I try and follow. I am finding it is eating up way to much time. The thing about this one I like is the Today posts section and how it breaks down what has been added since my last visit. That saves a ton of time. I ususally check them all in the am then after lunch and then after the kids are in bed. My wife is becoming a forum widow. She is sure I am talking to my girlfriend . The only girlfirend for me is my Pentax
09-19-2006, 09:19 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I'm finding it hard to keep up with two forums, too. Mind you, with all the K10D hype on the 'other forum' there's less and less I'm interested in reading!

I usually check one in the morning, the other after lunch, and then if I actually get some work done I reward myself with a quick check at the end of the day. Hm, I guess I'd better get back to it and earn today's reward...

Julie

09-19-2006, 10:45 AM   #5
Veteran Member

This is quickly becoming the only forum I keep up with.
09-19-2006, 06:10 PM   #6
Inactive Account

forum Quandry

I have to admit I too am having trouble staying up with the other forum. I still check it out each day and the only threads I even reply to any more are the ones posted from the most senior members. Or the old gang.

I like it here and I like the way it is layed out. I also enjoy having access to the mediators. I enjoy their partisipation. I know some of the old gang is here and I hope they remain. thats what really made the other forum so good. their information and their help. I'm sure this forum will also be like that.

It's good to have all the members we have and the partisipation from each one of you.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
09-19-2006, 06:52 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Three???

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
I have about three I try and follow. I am finding it is eating up way to much time. The thing about this one I like is the Today posts section and how it breaks down what has been added since my last visit. That saves a ton of time. I ususally check them all in the am then after lunch and then after the kids are in bed. My wife is becoming a forum widow. She is sure I am talking to my girlfriend . The only girlfirend for me is my Pentax
Three would be really hard to handle. I really like the 'Today' posts section as well. That's a nice little touch and it does help with keeping up.

HA! I thought photo_dad was the only one grousing about being jealous of the forums.
09-20-2006, 05:31 AM   #8
Veteran Member

forums

wow! Mo made it even easier to read and keep up with this forum. The speed today is great. I to was worried yesturday something was up. But today nice fast and easy. Thanks MO!!! This has become the first look each morning.

09-24-2006, 01:49 PM   #9

Today

"photo_mom;1058]Three would be really hard to handle. I really like the 'Today' posts section as well. That's a nice little touch and it does help with keeping up. "

I guess I must be getting blind, but I CAN'T find the today post section! I even tried searchinng the FAQ for "today" to no avail.... Please, stear me to it.
09-24-2006, 01:58 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tswill2 Quote
"photo_mom;1058]Three would be really hard to handle. I really like the 'Today' posts section as well. That's a nice little touch and it does help with keeping up. "

I guess I must be getting blind, but I CAN'T find the today post section! I even tried searchinng the FAQ for "today" to no avail.... Please, stear me to it.
Hi!

If you click on the Quicklinks button in the row of buttons at the top just under the banner, a popup menu will appear with "Today's Post" as the first entry. It's a very nice feature. Saves having to search through all of the forums for the current posts.

Hope that helps!
09-24-2006, 02:58 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Forum Quandry

Your a very nice lady Tracy.

Cheers: David