Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Martin Fleischmann, co-discoverer of ‘cold fusion,’ is dead

I love the implication of the title...............
I guess soon he will be thoroughly vindicated... (see all my other "stuff")

Martin Fleischmann, co-discoverer of ?cold fusion,? is dead | The Salt Lake Tribune

08-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
I love the implication of the title...............
I guess soon he will be thoroughly vindicated... (see all my other "stuff")

Martin Fleischmann, co-discoverer of ?cold fusion,? is dead | The Salt Lake Tribune
Sorry, they even ignore you here. but considering what you went through.. it is a step up..............

World Renowned Scientist, Dr. Martin Fleischmann Dies With Questionable Coverage | The Guardian Express
QuoteQuote:
Several companies are pioneering technology in what is now called the low-energy nuclear reaction movement and a high school science class in Rome built, tested and patented a device similar to what Fleischmann and Pons used in 1989.

“People will say cold fusion has never been replicated, but there’s been 17,000 replications worldwide since Pons and Fleischmann,” he said.

The Rome high school students have called their device the Athanor LENR ( Low-Energy Nuclear Reaction) Reactor, which is reported to be an electrolytic cell that produces a coefficient power of 400 percent.

“You commit academic suicide if you use the words ‘cold fusion,’” Allan said.

Fleischmann, London-educated and one of that country’s most distinguished scholars.

In defense of the value of Fleichmann’s scientific contribution we should note that Sterling Allan, “Pure Energy News” CEO has stated: “People will say cold fusion has never been replicated, but there’s been 17,000 replications worldwide since Pons and Fleischmann.”

It is quite puzzling that media coverage announcing Fleischmann’s death has been so sparse. The chemist’s work on “Cold-Fusion” could eventually have a significant impact on world energy production and it only seems questionable that most media outlets have miss this opportunity to remember Fleischmann’s important contribution to science.
(as side note I suppose NOW it can become "respectable"....)